Silverbug City /sc/

Welcome to Silverbug City - Population ten million

Silverhaters GET FUCKED, suck a big chocolate ass dick, and walk your bitch ass out of Silverbug City. Goldbugs, platinumbugs, and palladiumbugs are welcome.

Where to find the best silver deals:
comparesilverprices.com/

Attached: SilverStackin.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geology.com/articles/uses-of-silver/
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU
sdbullion.com/blog/2018-south-african-mint-silver-krugerrand-bullion-coin-new-release/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you going to do when the gov comes to steal your metal?

Attached: 1531242376107.png (645x773, 107K)

like the government wants a largely useless decorative metal.

Stop these Threads! I fell for the silver meme in 2016 and now it's my heaviest bag.

Attached: c2d.jpg (780x394, 34K)

silver is pointless....people were thinking it has value because there isnt enough gold around and it was hard to fraction bellow 1g and gold is too expensive so silver would be the new "working man's" coin.....than the gold standard arrived and you could fraction gold to ultra small quantities using IOU banknotes....yes yes we all know how that has ended but just saying....

Bought it all with cash. No record of owning it.

What will make silver valuable is it’s rarity. Silver is being used up in industry faster than it is being mined. It will be vital to future technologies.

I will tell the governmet "my fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first. I left everything I own in one piece."

Shoot them?

Bold move my man

>solid $360 worth of silver right there

silver costs literally 50c / gram

"hey govt, my fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find MY 200 TONNES OF SILVER I HID IN MY PROPERTY FIRST."

will recieve my silver ingot this week. Biught it with my BTC profits over a year. I'm quitting crypto forever so this is my way of cashing out

Since silver is only a hedge against the upcoming recession and a so called store of value. Is there anything else to diversify into? Gold, silver, watches?

Congrats on the 170$ profit. Dont spend it all in one place, oh wait.

why would you diversify in both silver and gold? do you seriously see a scenario where gold loses its value and silver doesn't? what would casue that?

Silver has more upside than gold in terms of price only. Gold on the other hand has better properties and long term demand.

Whoa totally makes sense, you and me both should get some more!

Silver/Gold ratio currently at around 79 to 1 which indicates a good time to buy silver. Once the ratio gets closer, (30-40 to 1) flip your silver for gold. Prices are near extraction cost right now, seems a decent time to buy

Ahh my favority arbitrary price ratio. Good TA, all in.

Gold / silver = insurance =/= investment

if shit hits the fan and you cant get money from your goy account you are left with the stuff you have on person.
atleast know that gold and silver have been traded for more than a thousand years and know that actually takes effort to increase the supply of it compared to printing money out of thin air.

You can go everywhere with your stupid gold coind in the world and people will know what it is and offer you things for it.
Dont make the mistake and think "ohh but after the crash gold will be worth x $ / € less than it was before. No 1 oz gold = 1 oz gold forever and it will never change. Just dont even start thinking about "how much worth it it now compared to time X".

Also silver is used in the car industry for people that say its only a shiny metal.
If you want to speculate that metals will increase in value because south africa will go to war or whatever. Or you speculate that mining will become easier in the future that is on you.

But ask your old boomers what happened during the big crisis. Ask people from war regions around the world.

I personally have 5% of my net worth in gold and 1% in silver (hodling silver is really fucking heavy). But historically you could get 1g gold for 7g of silver. Today its 1g gold = 70g+ silver.

What's the cheapest place to preorder the 2018 silver krugerrands?

Good TA, in a SHTF scenario i’m sure car companies are going to be producing in BULK.

you brainlet, in SHTF scenario you offer your silver coins for food / utility

Oh right what was I thinking! Of course people are going to want heavy silver in return for their food, guns, lighters and ammo! Im even more convinced now

Do you have any DIY safe installation or storage recommendations for securing PMs on your own property?

>be silver bug
>hoard muh shiny metal for when the crisis comes
>that will show chad
>crisis comes
>at long last my crippling mental illness has paid off
>more than 50% of silver demand comes from manufacturing like electronics production
>in a global depression, all industrial demand vaporizes
>desperate people hawk their jewelry to make ends meet, flooding market with silver
>silver price crashes, mines continue producing at a loss to service their debt
>silver try to hawk their 3 dollar an ounce silver at the dragon dildo market that only accepts food and ammunition
>killed by feral niggers

Attached: 161222_FT_internet-law.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (1180x842, 280K)

actual redpilled post

Have you looked at the price chart for silver and seen the huge base that has formed over the past three years? I used to be a silver bug but realized its just about taking advantage of these repeating cycles whether its crypto, commodities or real estate, it doesnt matter. Silver looks primed to explode.

Kek

you can't sell silver for what you paid for it

the price is silver is what the supplier can sell it for, not the common man. you got suckered

It's not exactly arbitrary if your long term goal is to stack gold. Buying silver now and waiting for when the ratio gets closer to 40 allows you to get more gold for your dollar later because you've turned it into silver.

Attached: vimeejxy_25019072_1956713584588500_6306972501364703232_n.jpg (1080x1350, 221K)

first for platinum
the least loved, rarest metal of them all

take your pauper's metal elsewhere
palladium and rhodium master race

In my gun safe tucked in an empty bottle of gun oil.
>Thief comes for my ghetto-blasters
>even if they can get through the safe before I shoot them, they won't think to steal gun lube

Attached: dYvhHbl.jpg (457x480, 25K)

I bought an ounce of silver for $7 in 2005 and now it is valued at $15 so I can sell it for double what I paid. Guess I got suckered

I keep palladium and uranium under my pillow. I think they will make me an X-man one day.

no you can't, no one will buy it from you

also, congrats on holding your bags for literally 13 years lmao, everything else in life has doubled in price as well, not just your silver

desu
i think all metals are in for a reckoning, with varying levels of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dont follow palladium, so cant comment, but its the most overbought.

but i think gold will be the worst ot hold into a crash, silver seems to be already getting priced in, and platinum has been shorted for fucking years and is actually rarer than gold, more useful to industry, and traditionally valued above gold (until 3 years ago lol)

but dont listen to me, i dont hold metals, i trade derivatives on them desu senpai

then you did it right senpai
the problem is that goldbugs will tell everyone to buy in going right into a crash, then the crash happens, the dollar moons, and all metals get smashed HARD. this is when normies are losing their houses, so they panic sell their metals at the bottom, and immediately after the crash is when metals go golden bull. you buy metals at the bottom, or beginning of the crash, and hold for the recession

just bear in mind a lot of what makes spot price rise is just the dollar getting wrecked by runaway inflation

>everything else in life has doubled in price as well, not just your silver
sadly
this

I can walk down the street and sell it at a coin shop at a little below spot value.
Thanks, I will continue holding because it has been a way to store wealth for millenia. Besides, hasnt the dollar really just decreased in value resulting in the price doubling?

Convince me to buy into silver.
Why?

>you buy metals at the bottom, or beginning of the crash, and hold for the recession

So you're saying since it's about to go into a crash it's a good time to buy now or in a couple months? Or am I retarded

Attached: 1491438020149.png (425x625, 146K)

ok so the question is, how do you store you value during a crash when your bank account is not available your funds are seized or they put tax on your property / house?
>inb4 btc/crypto

fiat depends on the FEDs policy
right now that policy is to let $50B of bonds die every month w out re-investing them. what this does is caps inflation for now. the dollar rising most recently has been from people selling stock to buy dollars en masse. inflation (note: not REAL inflation, but this is irrelevant on the small scale rn) has actually stopped cold for the past few months due to the QT policy. when the FED shifts to neutral policy or QE again, is when i think it will be time to buy into metals.

it sometimes amazes me how most libertarians will bitch about the FED all day, but then not take the time to understand their mechanisms of controlling wealth

im sorry son
you are retarded
do the opposite of the goldbugs shiling it imo
they shill it going into crashes. it always crashes with the market. its during the recession where metals can increase in value, just be ware, a lot of the spot price movement is simply the dollar getting cut in half

buy silver and gold at the bottom of the big one, and hold until the recession is over. and its better to get out BEFORE things get better. basically, use goldbugs as a sell signal. if there are tons of people shilling it, you sell. if normies are asking you if they should buy it to protect themselves, you sell it

you understand that the stock market has circuit breakers now, right?
the days of 75% crashes in a day and bank runs overnight are over.

also crypto is worth nothing now that GS controls it. they will not let you guys beat runaway inflation so easily

but to answer your question, in absolute SHTF situation, i suppose physical metals will be ok to hold onto, just make sure you have a lot of lead too, because everyone will be trying to fucking kill you for your shiny rocks.

they are also really hard to fucking carry anywhere

You technically have already beaten inflation if you get into a vehicle that stays the same in value and doesn't have any returns. It's better than going negative

I bough into silver in 2009-13ish. Per Oz I have probably made 25% which is total shit for a 10 year investment. Yay, not even beating inflation.

this is the only advantage. Some one could have the gains tax free.

Silver and gold are simple long term savings accounts. You don't earn interest but over long periods of time they preserve wealth.

true
but this is not why most people buy metals. they have a hair-brained idea that they are going to get rich holding them. the only way to do that is to time it alongside the goldbugs. and timing is fucking hard

>you understand that the stock market has circuit breakers now, right?
>the days of 75% crashes in a day and bank runs overnight are over.

What makes you say that?
Greece debt crisis was 6 years ago and people could not get their money from the bank.
What has changed?
The amount of debt in the system can not be paid back unless you enslave people to work for free.
So what you are left with is inflation / new currency / write off debt but on the same time obligations.
How should a bank finance itself and be able meet their liabilities?

so if someone robs your ass you don't have insurance?

1000s of oz of silver are sold on ebay daily. Liquidity of precious medals is not a problem at all.

Do you think Trump will push to continue QE after announcing his displeasure with QT? Will PMs dip below the current base? Thoughts on mining stocks as leverage to the PM price?

>barter system is superior
Kys

if SHTF people are going to use their guns to take your silver.

interest a shit anyways and doesnt compete with real inflation, so i guess shiny rocks arent all bad. just dont expect to get rich off them. expect for your wealth to stay the same

>Greece debt crisis was 6 years ago and people could not get their money from the bank.
thankfully im not in fucking greece lol
>What has changed?
not much, but large banks have to be much sneakier with their hi-risk loans now. also the FED is required to play mommy w all of them and punish the large banks for not backing enough of their bags
>The amount of debt in the system can not be paid back
this was absolutely never the point. the USD relies on debt enslavement to continue

but if youre talking about europe, yes overnight bank runs are a definite possibility if things get very bad. ive been saying it for months. watch DB. thats where those infamous greek bags are held. when they pop, the whole EU gets flushed. im certain thats where we will see the next crisis originate

i think trump has very little (read: NO) say/control over what the FED does. i also think he knows that powell is trying to de-leverage the economy from the "endless summer of QE" experiment.

>Will PMs dip below the current base?
imo (note, not a professional one), metals will continue to look like shit until QT stops. a shift to neutral will allow breathing room, and return to QE will be time to buy a lot of metals.

>Thoughts on mining stocks as leverage to the PM price?
im unironically building a net short position against gold and junior gold miners. i think many hi debt, low value miners will be bankrupt by the end of the year

>still doesn't understand that by law governments around the world have been minting gold / silver since the mid eighties

Attached: American-Silver-Eagle-Coin.jpg (800x517, 110K)

>thankfully im not in fucking greece lol

You know that once europe is fucked financially, china follows and north america follows right?
The financial world is globally intertwined.
So once again, what happens if the flow of money stops and banks cant back up their liabilities?
>punish large banks for not backing enough of their bags
the risk has just been turned onto the state through government bonds. Everywhere in the world. Governments will not be able to follow their liabilities. No matter where you are it comes back to you the normie, all it needs is some trigger event.

So how do you store your wealth?

Yeah ahahaha, silver isn’t used for anything besides jewelry and spoons! Get fucked OP!

Anyone holding antique silver objects?

fuck off commie, nobody cares
saged and hidden

im aware of how everythings connected.

however i also think that the US is more shielded than most. like in 08, the US crash caused the whole world to get flushed to varying degrees. but the first to recover were EMs. i think the inverse of the situation (where EU, china etc crash first), will be slightly less catastrophic for the US than it was for EMs in the inverse situation due to the US being more self-reliant. it will still be bear market/recession tier, but not as bad as 08 was imo

>the risk has just been turned onto the state through government bonds
actually (and this is the really spoopy part), the large banks have been continuing their hi risk loaning practices, just via proxy. what they do is lend baskets of money to smaller banks, who arent watched by FED, to lend to subprime morons for them. they get a cut from lending these baskets, but are shielded from default (that will be shouldered by small banks who will be totally liquidated)

>all it needs is some trigger event.
my guess is either EUs bags pop, or china pops. ive been monitoring chinese hi yield market, and its divergence from their markets. identical to what happened in US in feb. serious credit risk. meanwhile chinks all hate their market, so have opted to invest in foreign real-estate (see aus and canada). but they have some in it. when their market crashes, we will hear a violent sucking sound as all chinese real-estate tycoons try to sell at the same time and crash aus and canadian housing markets.

>So how do you store your wealth?
unironically?
undeveloped land senpai

>undeveloped land

sounds more obscure to me than gold and silver lol

Not just obscure but illiquid

What if China Russia and the US are working together to collaps the central banking system so we can get out from under their rule and move to this really handy new system called crypto currency?

>sounds more obscure to me than gold and silver lol
and thats why you should be buying it desu
its just hard to find, and hard to buy/sell

the fact that gold and silver have this whole scam industry attached to it is exactly why trying to make money by holding physical metals is hard to do. and its also why i was saying earlier that plat is the best one for now. since it hasnt been held up via goldbug shilling, its been shorted heavily for 3 years running. its a much rarer earth, is more useful, and its more oversold. i think what is going to happen is that gold and silver will play catchup (or rather catch-down) with plat in the near term. without FED changing policy, the best metals have to hope for in the near term is more sideways hell desu senpai. more likely though, the major ones like gold and silver are in for a correction

lol the central banks control everything
theyre not going to let go
ever

I dont have the money and knowledge to buy and maintain land. Neither does 99.9% of the neet population on Jow Forums. It is likely that your property will be taxed or used by the government in shtf scenario.
Thats why shiny gold seems more reasonable to me and I dont know what scam industry you talk about. I will look up into platinum though.

...and electronics

Get educated:
geology.com/articles/uses-of-silver/

Don't stay bluepilled your whole life like a blockchained slave.

Attached: ablock.jpg (850x441, 301K)

Silver is the future

>Be a crypto bozo
>Hoard a bunch of crypto currencies like they're Beanie Babies or some other shitty collectible
>Crisis comes
>Can't turn on computer
>No electricity no crypto
>Crypto worth 0
>Gold and silver worth almost nothing but still more valuable than some fucking computer crap you can't use

>I dont know what scam industry you talk about
the people who shill shiny rocks going INTO a crash are predatory. it is not a hedge against market crashes. its an effective hedge against runaway inflation, but you MAKING money on it, has to do with timing the recession (which is hard).

>It is likely that your property will be taxed or used by the government in shtf scenario.
by SHTF, i mean no govt, no money, no taxes.
in that situation, land is more important than anything

but then its my opinion that they will not allow it to get that bad ever. the real power of this world is derived less from actual wealth, and more from the ability to control all the wealth. i am certain they will do whatever it takes to maintain that control. if we have another financial crisis again, the difference will come out of we the peoples pockets, just like last time

Crypto low, people start fudding precious metals all the sudden.

hmmmmmm.

Doesnt make sense. So JPMorgan is on Jow Forums fudding silver to accumulate more?

This man has single handedly taught me economics, the federal reserves purpose, how crypto currencies work, and predicts the future of america. If you can watch his videos and not be tempted to buy some shiny rock, I applaud your hodl.
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU

Got 200 ounces sitting in my closet locked away. Got in around ~$15 or so. Haven't lost much, haven't gained much. Don't give a fuck what happens, I'll baghold it for the next 20 years if I have to, I'm still young.

Small part of my portfolio anyway but I know it's still a small market that can blow up from time to time just like crypto. Also since I live in Canada where the loonie has collapsed, it's actually hedged well.

Attached: 1527428235140.jpg (922x940, 109K)

Alright lads, your boy SILVERSTACKER is about to post his stack

Here ya go

Attached: D32BA369-EF7D-4E85-AB5D-1CEBAD0A42E2.jpg (1253x3162, 599K)

You call that a stack?

Let's see your stack then. Prove you're not a stacklet.

>people start fudding precious metals all the sudden.
lol you must be blind or stupid
all im seeing is shilling for precious metals right now
theres even several threads up here.
metals will be useless in terms of increasing in value until FED shifts policy. so far, its QT and more rate hikes for the rest of the year

if youre buying it for "store of value", then dont be surprised when the market crashes and your silver goes right with it, because this is what metals do in major crashes. check any and all historical data. the times when metals go on bull runs is in between the bottom of the first crash, and the end of the recession

crypto on the other hand, will be the last place where people will be looking for refuge in a major market breakdown. no one wants an even MORE volatile asset when SHTF

>buy gov minted BU because non cretin
>literally every legit high street dealer will give me exactly spot for it without question
>some even give above since their client base has a hard on for UK BU

sure is hard actually talking to a dealer champ.

So where do you put your wealth during the crash then?

>Welcome to Silverbug City - Population ten million IQ 74

Can anyone actually post any evidence of silver's importance for FUTURE tech?

As in, why will silver's importance in industry INCREASE going forward?

define crash
it seems many libertarians here think the market crashing will cause some sort of civil war or some shit (people need to stop getting financial advice from Jow Forums desu). if were talking during a big correction, or a large crash, longterm US treasuries. also the yen has consistently been the crisis currency of choice for a while now. tho this time im looking more at swiss francs. undeveloped land is also the pinnacle of hard asset investing imo, but buying/selling it is not possible for most.

but yeah, bonds and carefully selected foreign currencies is the time tested method. or even sitting cash while the crash happens.

as for precious metals, the one i see with any upside at all for now is platinum. i think gold and silver will crash first, before any major upside move (and the upside move is dependent on FED policy, as QT has capped inflation for now). plat on the other hand has already been shorted into nothing for years now, and is more rare than gold, and also more valuable in an industrial sense. youd be better off there imo

If SHTF, no one is going to be coming to shoot you. Everyone will be cucked, just as they always have been. They will be starving in the streets while the wealthy still have plenty of money. People will never rise up. What will happen is the value of the currency will become inflated an insane amount each day while silver is still the same. Everything will continue to operate as normal, though petty theft may increase. Please show me an example where "SHTF" in a neoliberal capitalist society historically, that wasn't just the masses starving in the streets while the rich got richer

Bonds? Really? Why would I want to own debt of governments that are in a downward spiral?
Platinum is mainly used in combustion vehicles which might be replaced with electric vehicles...do you think silver's use in solar and electric vehicles increase the importance of industrial uses?

Well lads, I just pre-ordered two silver krugerrands

>Well lads, I just pre-ordered two silver krugerrands
You just got scammed. There is no such thing as a silver krugerrands. krugerrands are gold. The fucking state of this thread

they just started making them in 2018, lad.

sdbullion.com/blog/2018-south-african-mint-silver-krugerrand-bullion-coin-new-release/

Attached: 1506990941535.jpg (775x518, 71K)

>do the opposite of the goldbugs shiling it imo
>they shill it going into crashes. it always crashes with the market. its during the recession where metals can increase in value
I cant believe the anti-precious-metal shills would actually go this far, you have to be seriously retarted to think that gold/silver value will fall with stock values and that fiat currrency's value can literally evaporate to nothing overnight.

It's up your ass isn't it? Guys, it's up his ass, Darlene, you wanna bring in the JAWS system please, thank you.

"No problem" Darlene replied in a sing-songy voice as she went to fetch the torture device out of the police van.

>Implying there aren't official 2018 silver Krugerrands and there wasn't a special 2017 silver Krugerrand release

You serious GOOFS!!!

>Not realizing this is the exact reason people put money into precious metals

Attached: 1525953017756.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>precious metals
Thinks silver is a precious metal

Attached: Screenshot_20180722-151532.png (1920x1080, 158K)

DELET THIS

Attached: 3E3A7CDE-A52D-4425-951B-ED13A9214371.jpg (676x750, 74K)