Kek, supernodes went live, within a few days there are already 1300+ of them. Nobody seriously expected more than 500...

kek, supernodes went live, within a few days there are already 1300+ of them. Nobody seriously expected more than 500. Still 10k+ secure nodes online too. Economical ROI out of the window at this price and current rate of node increase. Securenodes even generate 13-20% more ROI than supernodes right now.

How did this go so wrong, what's the next flavor of the quarter passive income meme coin?

Attached: nQJhofd2_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supernodes.lebre.net
securenodes.lebre.net
coolshades.clan.su/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a couple secure nodes running, have yet to switch to a super node. You're saying I'm making more money?

Yes, check the stats yourself:

> supernodes.lebre.net
> securenodes.lebre.net

Right now you are earning more from Secure than Supernodes.
If you have cheap hosting (7$-8$), as much as 20% extra ROI.

>36% return on 500 ZEN for renting a cheap server.
>will eventually balance out with the securenode reward
>roi is even higher if you put up a secure node every 80 days with the rewards
>"Economical roi out of the window"
Imagine being this braindead

This is not economically sustainable

>what's the next flavor of the quarter passive income meme coin?
Bulwark masternodes?

the addition of both secure and supernodes isn't stopping. Within a few weeks, without some serious action, it will be way above the devs whitepaper estimation of max 2500 supernodes on the network. Right now your estimation for a single supernode is 36%, but this does not include the addition of new super and secure nodes. In a few months from now, it'll be below 15%. Probably more around 5-10%.

They might jack up the staking amount if there are too many secure or supernodes.

They already said they would not.
Perhaps only add a lower tiered node.
(devs words)

The marketcap is just way too high for these kinds of things to have significant ROI.
You want good ROI, buy shitcoins and hope it won't get abandoned by the end of the year.

When Dash introduced masternodes, you could buy one for a few K (keep in mind Dash requires a 1000 and ZEN 500). To buy 1000 ZEN you'd need to spend about 10x the USD but that was in 2014.

It'll even itself out, when it's not profitable enough to hold, people will sell and the number of nodes will reduce. People obviously believe that it's still profitable, compare it to Dash and it's still very profitable. Even then, you had to hold Dash for 3 fucking years for it to pump (because it got released the same way this did, at the start of a new bear market).
Masternodes are never really that good of an investment unless you got in super early and you have a shitload of coins laying around doing nothing.

Sell while its still attractive ROI. pajeets and people who dont understand basic economics will be all over this pumping the price.

Every single PoS coin that is giving above 5-7% roi is not sustainable for more than a month. It will crash hard eventually causing a triggering of selloffs.

unfortunately I invested a lot of my portfolio into a pos coin coming up. Have seen this exact pattern with every PoS coin otu there. I will be selling my entire holdings when PoS goes live and not looking back.

Its all another way to take your money and encourage you to buy enough to run a ______ node

you realize those new coins are created regardless of the nodes right? the nodes dont change its economic sustainability at all you brainlet.

At some point I had 3 supernodes, which I ended up selling. Gains wise it was a mistake, I lost quite some on my subsequent trade into ETH. I still host one supernode for friends who do not know how to set them up themselves. Had some back and forth conversations with Rob (co-founder). So I definitely do not believe it is a bad project. Even at 3-10%, that is still a better ROI than any other traditional investment can give you (IF ZEN stabilizes). However, from a economic perspective, this is unfortunately a very bad start. Community expectations where much higher than what we now got. Which isn't a good omen.

I am rooting for the project and my friends holdings. But unless ZenCash sets up many more ways to retain ZEN (something Rob discussed), there is no silver lining here. And sure, you can compare it to Dash, but Dash to me is a unicorn project; which may not have a contender in the current market. And ZEN probably won't have a similar run or even price. How did 1300+ Supernodes not push us to 50-100$? it's not a bad investment, but I figure its better to pull out and invest at a lower satoshi value at this point. For miners, converting profits to secure nodes is nice though.

yeah but they trick you into buying a huge amount and when the speculative value of the coin dies off you are left holding big bags with minimal return

I only have one securenode, i'll just hold onto it till my vps expires in few months and see how things goes from there.

its just a bonus if you like everything else the coin has to offer and you would be holding it anyway.

the real question here is why are these zen fud threads popping up all the sudden?

not trying to fud, im just speaking on the speculative value of crypto as a whole. all of these coins are still massively overvalued and staking is another layer to the speculation.

It makes more sense just to flip every alt short term to accumulate more fiat or btc at this point

Its slightly less than that, there are reserve nodes on both sides for people who are switching, but yeah there were more than anticipated.

Here is a crude calculator i made to gauge profitability

>coolshades.clan.su/

i currently have 3 super nodes and 13 secure node though so im not that terrible. I am going to buy another 15 secure to level out just in case supers start migrating to secures. Either way, i am making well over 100 zen a month, which is absolutely fucking amazing because Zen is the best full blockchain stack out there.

>How did 1300+ Supernodes not push us to 50-100$?

Because these people (like me) likely already accumulated around 16$. It was priced in.

>However, from a economic perspective, this is unfortunately a very bad start. Community expectations where much higher than what we now got. Which isn't a good omen.

Thats stupid. Its not 'good' or 'bad' it just is. Everyone know the amount of supers could be anything, but people were hoping for as little as possibly, of course

>How did 1300+ Supernodes not push us to 50-100$?
People have been accumulating for months and we did have 2 nice runs after the Binance listing and then again on the supernode launch date.
It's just the state of the market that people don't want to hold any alts right now. ZEN has been actually holding up pretty well compared to the rest of the altcoins in this bear market, if it wasn't for this accumulation, we'd probably be at $10 right now.

>but Dash to me is a unicorn project; which may not have a contender in the current market. And ZEN probably won't have a similar run or even price.
I think this is a much better project than Dash, the innovation and connections are just so much better. What has been Dash doing lately? It's just a well known old masternode coin and not much else. I expect ZEN to reach Dash ATH prices in the next run easily but that'll probably take some time.

>Thats stupid. Its not 'good' or 'bad' it just is. Everyone know the amount of supers could be anything, but people were hoping for as little as possibly, of course

Well sure, but even the most conservative estimations put us at less than 1000 Supernodes and a whole lot less secure nodes. I was not counting on accuracy, but many were and praising ZEN because it seemed like a 100%+ ROI was to be expected over the first few months. Entering the Supernode period at this ratio isn't going to instill a lot of positivity within the community. First we had the huge ASIC debate; which never really ended. And now much lower than expected pay outs.

>I think this is a much better project than Dash, the innovation and connections are just so much better. What has been Dash doing lately? It's just a well known old masternode coin and not much else. I expect ZEN to reach Dash ATH prices in the next run easily but that'll probably take some time.

ZenCash is definitely the superior project here. But Dash has survived since 2014. The catalyst which pushed it to its current market cap may not appear for ZenCash. And Dash may not lose much more on its market cap percentage position over its life time. It's not a very good project in my eyes, but even Bitcoin sucks when compared to some other projects out of the top 50. And sure, maybe with time the superior project and tech will take over. But I can't see it around the corner.

this. i fear the catalyst that brought many of these old school coins to these 100-1000x levels is gone now. the new generation of coins is in a bad spot

Yeah, but saying its a 'bad omen' is being melodramatic. Zencash has some of the best token economics and i think they have the best values of any blockchain network.

As far as the payouts, ROI is still around 50% for supers and 65% for secures. Zencash is the only coin with over a $100 million market cap with a 50% master node ROI.

>Zencash is the only coin with over a $100 million market cap with a 50% master node ROI.
that should tell you something... its gonna dump like all the rest of 'muh masternodes'

1000 eoy

Lmao 50% ROI. Ask yourself, does that seem realistic? If it was that high, why isnt the entire world population in on it? its outperforming the best roi assets by about 800%

enjoy getting tricked in a massive unsustainable pump and dump

CHECKED

but then what should we call it? I have been quite active in the community, and to many it came as a complete utter surprise. Maybe it is not a bad omen (admittedly the wrong wording), but definitely a bad start. I wouldn't go as far as saying this has tainted the project (would be a silly assumption). But when half of the community expects X and Y happens, it is not going to end in a favorable short to medium term outcome, in my experience.

> ROI is still around 50% for supers and 65% for secures.

Right now yes, and that is the projection for a 1 year period. In one year from now, I do not believe anyone will have scraped together more than 5-15% in ROI. STILL a good investment, but definitely not as great as it looked before. Getting new people onto ZenCash will be significantly harder than in the period before the fork. And ZEN absolutely needs new people. Grayscale may come to the rescue with their ZenCash trust. That's the only positive thing I can see on the horizon. Maybe that will blow up and lift up ZenCash, who knows. I will wait it out, still active in the community, but not holding myself.

Attached: Odinsleep.jpg (683x711, 631K)