What's the most influential European country?

What's the most influential European country?

France, Germany, or Britain?

Which was historically the most powerful, overall?

Attached: comfy briton.png (195x272, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eastern poland

sup bitch

onward to berlin

Attached: 5d2715864208bf2ced1c965e2b68a55f.jpg (200x305, 12K)

Obviously France, seeing as the "lingua franca" can't form a sentence without using a French word.

*derived latin word

It's hard to admit but it's Britain
We are speaking their language right now
>inb4 muh french words in english

*ahem*

WE

WUZ

Portugal

britain does owe a lot to you

Indeed but they colonized half of the world and never got invaded since nearly 1000 years
They were still the most influent country until the end of WW1

4-500 of that last 1000 years was under France's reign :)

Okay
Maybe I'm just a self hating faggot

Thats because of the USA not UK

Portugal

Influential? Split between France and Britain for difference reasons
Most powerful? Germany, there's a reason why the other two always need to team up against Germany.

Russia,da comrade,russia

kys anglo cock sucker

Except for those times when Britain and Germany teamed up against France you mean?

Autism

>always need to team up vs germany

reddit

When that happened Germany wasn't unified.

Germany wasn't a thing back then, what you're thinking of is Prussia or HRE which were both very flawed

Austria

Attached: 31378B89-24B7-4E92-9678-F290F7A0239B.jpg (640x1182, 80K)

so why do you say it was the most powerful since this country was created only like 150 years ago.. are you denying hundreeds of years of european history ?

I'm saying that at Germany's peak, it was stronger than France and Britain

britain is the underdog of history

Attached: pop.jpg (853x709, 122K)

op was questionning the most influential and powerful historically, not peak.

Italia

Gotta admit it's the British Empire. It's not an empire anymore though, in fact it's less relevant nowadays than Germany and France and certainly less relevant than the actual empires of China and America, but back in the day it was top dog.

Attached: british sun.png (1097x3330, 86K)

Not since you united. Because since then you could rely on your navy, and navies need much less manpower than land armies.

But answering OP, England/UK is clearly the most influential country as we speak its language now.

France for sure.

Yes and France and Britains influence was superior to Germany, like i said. Germany's peak power however was greater than that of France or Britain individually

they influenced jack shit tho.
if there's an english speaking influence worldwide it's thx to america.

Right, but America is Britain's baby. Kinda like carthage and phoenicans

Kinda like Satan and Britain

ROMANS

>america is britain's baby
britain was france vassal way longer, so if you imply achievements of america should be thx to britain then every achievements from britain should be given to france..

High IQ answer is Germany because both France and England have been founded by Germans

Us, of course

hard to say because there are certain fields each of those three dominate the other two in, of the three there isn't one that outclasses the other two in most ways. The /fug/ countries are essentially peers and equals in supremacy, outranking every other European country by a long shot

>seeing as the "lingua franca" can't form a sentence without using a French word.
That is utter bullshit you fat whore.

Historically France until recent times and Britain now. However, Germany seems more relevant in the EU.

>Which was historically the most powerful, overall?
Certainly not the British. Up until the industrial revolution they nothing but a bunch of spear chucking bog niggers.

he meant, can't form a smart sentence without french words in it, of course if it's meant to say obnixious and meaningless things pure anglo language is just enough.

Fair point, still America spread the ENGLISH language regardless. France inspired nations with the revolution and human rights while england gave the world its universal language, regardless if USA helped them achieve this doesn't really matter

more people speak english thanks to britain than america. use your head

>britain was france vassal

Feudalism doesn't really work like that. The King of England was only a subject to the French king in has capacity as Duke of Normandy and other French Territories. The French King did not have Authority over what the King of England did in England. Which is what triggered the 100 year war when France tried to reassert authority.

France by far, it made Europe revolve around itself for so long its not even debatable, even Ataturk had to use french to create modern turkish

kek do you really believe in that obvious lie ?

>at Germany's peak, it was stronger than France and Britain

But managed to lose them both, twice?

Britain if looking specifically at the modern world.

Rome from a more historical perspective.

are you for real ? if the world speaks english it's to fit with american ways, not brit ones. we're talking about the most influential not birth place origin of a used language.

Read through my comment again, i said that germany was stronger than them individually. Both of them tip the favour somewhat to them

That's just dumb though. America being Britains "child' is not comparable to France "ruling" over england. USA is a direct cultural offspring of Britain.

oh yes, they never went to war to affirm their differencies i guess, america is totally brit tier and everything made by usa is thx to britain, for fuck sake you anglophiles are weird.

>Anglophiles
I'm actually a frenchoboo that loves Napoleon and regularly makes anti-anglo posts

>t. I don't know what the US and Russia are

aparently us is brit

US did fuck all in the first world war and Russia left halfway through.

Admittedly they did the heavy lifting the second time around.

Lol Russia was the single reason Germany lost in both world wars

And at France's peak, it was stronger than all of europe+turkey, that's what peaks are about

the only reason Germany lost both world wars is because of dumb allies.

Yes to the second, no to the first.

'N

hello yes

Attached: 300px-Lublin_Union_1569.png (300x174, 118K)

Not in the first war. They were crushed in the eastern front. The US was the reason why we lost the first WW1 and the treacherous shitalians. Well I can't really be mad at the americans but oh boy are italians fcking shiteaters. And now the shitalians are sucking some german dick for gibs

I'm not talking about relativeness. I'm saying at their peak strength in general.

SPQR
P
Q
R

Attached: bb760d2c556fd22547e2e1962d50832d.jpg (341x604, 65K)

Russia is the main factor
They were the ones who took germany's beating full out. Britain was hiding and france was admittingly also quite based in ww1

india is the second largest english speaking country. the biggest country in africa also uses english as a vehicular language

Yes but Russia drained Germany and gave France time to entrench. Without Russia Germany bulldozes through France

Based.

>Britain was hiding

You really don't know what you're talking about.

>The US was the reason why we lost the first

Canada and Australia both participated more in WWI than the US.

>Russia is the main factor
no, russia was far from being the most influential in ww1 and in ww2 it's thx to italians inefficiency and japans attacking usa, nazis really teamed up with the wrong countries that opened fronts everywhere, even their decision to ally with russia then perfidiously attacking them fucked them up, in the end all their alliances turned against themselves.

>india and the biggest country in africa have any kind of worldwide influence

France also had the highest population back then. Germant really didn't become the dominant continental power until its population overtook France.

True, and now china and india's becoming top dog after their industrialisation. High pop= OP

They were quite pussy in ww2 atleast. Ww1 France and Russia most major enemies
Ww2 Russia and USA major enemies. Italian incompetence didn't really matter in the end, Italy in general was just too weak

>india's becoming top dog

India is proof population isn't everything. Rampant corruption and incompetence prevent utilizing it.

And if the US didn't enter the war, we would've bulldozed right through Amiens in Unternehmen Michael.

>Canada and Australia both participated more in WWI than the US.
The US financed the Entente since 1917 and provided resources. In 1918 the Eastern Front collapsed, freeing up German resources. By that time US troops started arriving by the hundreds of thousands. Germany needed to inflict a decisive blow or the numerical advantage of the Entente would've been insurmountable. That final offensive (the 1918 spring offensive) failed and exhausted the final German resources, enabling the Entente to win the war.

India will soon surpass Britain, it's colonial master and there's nothing seemingly stopping them from going further

no one has worldwide influence other than america

absolutely, fuck japans, fuck italians and fuck soviets even tho in that last case it's because of hitler narcissism.

Debatable, French were quite tough that far into the war. It's mostly the start of the war where the french are vulnerable to acomplete and utter route and encirclement of their whole army. Thos almost happend but Germany's western army was too thinly spread

>India will soon surpass Britain

Delusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM

they will surpass them in total gdp maybe, but in influenece ? wait several decades, maybe people will love bouncing on bollywood ost one day..

Fuck everyone for ww1 starting in the first place.

Lol yeah, European influence will be almost impossible to beat i agree. Was mostly talkin about gdp

In gdp they will

but influence is what matters, they can be rich (somehow) but if they behave like westerners to achieve their goals it's our win, i'm yet to wait anything remarkable from indian culture.

Their culture isn't what matters. Their ability to migrate in huge numbers to western nations while also improving India is what's dangerous