What are some unusual, yet tasty foods from your country? I'd like to try something new

What are some unusual, yet tasty foods from your country? I'd like to try something new.

Attached: oursins-a-la-mousse-de-mache.jpg (1900x1805, 314K)

Attached: 20190324_185432.jpg (1078x1289, 697K)

There we go I didn't even need to google image search

Maybe slightly less unusual

Attached: Durian_in_black.jpg (3293x2848, 1.53M)

>Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance, whereas others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour, which may linger for several days, has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia. By contrast, the nineteenth-century British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace described its flesh as "a rich custard highly flavoured with almonds."
Heh. Is it really worth trying?

Can we even buy this thing in europe without spending an arm and a leg?

Don't think so

Asado de yakare

Attached: yacare.gif (400x222, 2.72M)

People said that it's an acquired taste. Can't picture how an European would find it, but yeah if you can stomach the smell then most likely you'll find the taste to be one hell of an experience.

My mom buys this shit all the time so I guess it´s possible

I see. Well, my interest is definitely piqued. I'll be sure to try it whenever I hit up Southeast Asia.

Where does your mum buy them? From Amazon or from the market?

Pickled herring. I prefer the mustard kind over the vinegar kind. Have it with creme fraiche and chives, potatoes, onions and eggs. It doesn't taste fishy like most fish do. It's not to be confused with surströmming (sour/fermented herring)

Attached: senapssill-1379-1.jpg (770x654, 387K)

Mm, pickled herring is quite tasty. I've had it a few times.
>surströmming
Never tasted that though. How is it?

Asbe nayye, raw chopped lamb liver served with chunks of fat, mint leaves and seasoning on the side
Usually consumed with Arak (strong local liquor) as an anti septic
Honestly it's pretty fucking great if you have a strong stomach

From wikipedia:
In 1981, a German landlord evicted a tenant without notice after the tenant spread surströmming brine in the apartment building's stairwell. When the landlord was taken to court, the court ruled that the termination was justified when the landlord's party demonstrated their case by opening a can inside the courtroom. The court concluded that it "had convinced itself that the disgusting smell of the fish brine far exceeded the degree that fellow-tenants in the building could be expected to tolerate".

Forgot pic

Attached: 46800435_388917901651708_3004590880261255907_n.jpg (480x480, 56K)

Lmao.
I have an extremely weak stomach(like i can't even handle spicy foods) but that looks absolutely delicious so I guess I'll be stuck in the toilet for a few hours. Lebanese cuisine is pretty great in general, isn't it?

Pellkartoffeln (potatoes boiled with skin), salted Quark (similar to fresh cheese) with herbs and chopped onions, and linseed oil. Goes well together with pickled herring or gherkins.
Historically, the quintessential food for poor people in my region. I love it, it's cheap, simple, and healthy.

Attached: pellkartoffeln-quark-und-leinoel.jpg (420x280, 32K)

Delicious but pretty common among Scandinavia, Germany and former Soviet countries.

Buckwheat

Attached: grechka-na-paru_1524854358_1_max.jpg (1063x960, 96K)

I want to be a sea urchin diver and sell them on the beach while avoiding the irs