/smg/ - Stock Market General

Dab a Dollar Edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>Commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

>How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$0.005/share, $1 minimum. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread: Question of the Day: Does /smg/ dab every time they make 1 dollar?

Attached: 1528265406241.png (1902x705, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCBd8NjOBs8
pnas.org/content/early/2018/07/03/1801238115
authors.library.caltech.edu/87270/
catalyst.org/knowledge/women-ceos-sp-500
twitter.com/Benshooter/status/1020163845371805696
nytimes.com/2018/06/21/technology/intel-ceo-resigns-consensual-relationship.html
cnet.com/roadshow/news/mobileye-ceo-tesla-self-driving-cars/
sbdautomotive.com/en/tesla-mobileye-split-self-driving
m.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Absolutely based

futures soon

Attached: 1460401533786.gif (444x711, 2.65M)

first for Gween Week

Attached: honk trycle.png (619x577, 145K)

I've been thinking I could make money shorting companies that begin applying SJW policies for their services and do virtue signaling.
Whenever they do anything like this they soon go to shit and lose customers like crazy.

>race baiting ("dear white people" shit)
>hiring a woman as their CEO
>hiring some poo-skin/minority as their CEO with nothing to show up to deserve it
>fag/tranny propaganda

It's just bad business practice to alienate your customers like this. What are some other related short signals you can think of?

praying to babby jesus I don't get rekt on my tsla longs

then you should have hasbro puts for monday morning ER.

Care to elaborate?

CETX and GBR take me away plz

>racist, bigot, sexist lectures us on alienating practices

Attached: ce252b37665e399d4f337a4e4d54c776.png (1288x1396, 1.83M)

you need to put tastytrade and tastyworks in your general. their commissions are the lowest and their talk show is extremely informative.

The opinion of a woman is not important. Please do not reply to me again.

Though this racist has recent facts to support his claim.

Star Wars
MTG
female transformers

In a Tumblr post, MtG’s Head Designer Mark Rosewater responded to a question asking why the popular card game seems to feature less “cheesecake” art (scantily clad women) than it used to. The questioner also suggested that publisher Wizards of the Cost bring back cheesecake art along with “beefcake art of the ladies.” Rosewater did not agree.

In response, Rosewater explained that MtG has made a conscious decision to move away from this sort of imagery, which he explains “would make a subset of players feel uncomfortable.”

>family had an intervention
>realize that im too much of a loner and it's scaring people
>realize I haven't talked to another human being except at work in over 6 years
>haven't had sex in 8 years
>Haven't hung out with people in 7
>never talked to another human being until I was 16 except school

I've created an entire world in my head. My actual skill level is low but I've created an entire world that I'm trying to get others to visit one day. Actually I take it back it's my world lol humans are shit and all need to get maimed tortured and killed lol. This is my paradise. This is the world I created. Nothing in front of me is real I create reality. I just need to break one habit and enter freedom than lifes perfect.

What's your favorite stock?

Attached: 1532221610888.jpg (1080x1350, 196K)

>thinks poltard subhumans are worth selling to

>Yahoo hires a woman CEO
>Goes to shit.

>NETFLIX encourages white guilt
>Goes to shit.

>Twitter begins censoring conservative opinions
>Propagandizes faggotry
>Goes to shit

>Literally any overtly SJW propaganda movie that's come out of Hollywood in a decade.
>Feminist Ghostbusters
>[insert long list of other examples I would know if I bothered to watch any Hollywood filth]

Go back to buzzfeed you fucking dried up cunt. Hopefully your uppity attitude gets you raped & dismembered so we don't have to see your useless posts anymore

i'm fucking livid that people are doing things i don't enjoy. picture related, it's me

Attached: DNVvJK6VQAAARIp.jpg (601x622, 44K)

are you upset?

the only dividend youtuber I watched made an LB video
I suggest watching this if you "invested"
youtube.com/watch?v=lCBd8NjOBs8

Attached: mousesmoke.png (455x470, 368K)

i watched a film with women in it and i'm furious

because the world doesn't work in any way like the left pretends it does

pnas.org/content/early/2018/07/03/1801238115
authors.library.caltech.edu/87270/

I don't mind women. I mind the denial and social manipulation used to lie and create worse results in society because millions have bought in to post-modern theory that is entirely wrong.

You are missing the point. The point is not my personal tastes. The point is that it objectively reduces the revenue such businesses make and lowers its stock price.

>trying to discuss with a commie

>pol leaked into smg again
Why

it the blatant blind hypocrisy that gets me
the lack of even a small % of self awareness

the guy contridicts himself in the span of two sentinces and he never realized it

BTW

all the women CEOs in S&P 500 have been doing amazing

catalyst.org/knowledge/women-ceos-sp-500

Attached: 1531621998539.png (676x478, 382K)

Attached: 1503190010000.png (700x700, 289K)

I support women CEOs who are mommy CEOs like Sunruns

Attached: Screenshot_20180717-151545.png (1080x1920, 598K)

>defends women
>likes female guro
now whose being a hypocrite?

Attached: zyow9p5uiya11.jpg (538x645, 63K)

>catalyst.org/knowledge/women-ceos-sp-500

they make the best CEO
>yahoo

Also almost the entire reason for their success % is because of selection bias. If women actually gave a competitive edge and diversity was strength then China's growth would be 2% a year.

Attached: marissa-mayer.jpg (640x429, 79K)

Attached: 1530417055446.jpg (500x500, 54K)

me gonna do this, making women S&P 500 chart

kek what makes her mommy ceo?

Mary Dillion probably me favorite, she evil merger and acquisition CEO who made Ultma Beauty ponzi scheme legit business strat

Hopefully she comes to crytpo

kek me like male guro too
but female guro plays better in these parts

most guys not want to see Chad's being castrated

Attached: keknotmycock.png (612x452, 418K)

I've long wanted to short SHE against SPY, but alas, they have no options trading available.
Alternatively, I could dig through the holdings on ETF-DB, but I have better things to do since diversity shorting hasn't yet shown to be as immensely profitable as I would've liked.

>pol leaked into smg again
>Why
Fucking this.
The only reason why I really want to short diversity is that the next worse thing to letting your politics leak into your trading style is holding companies that have let politics overtake their whole work environment -- GOOG.
Diversity is stupid and fun to short, but those threads that go "uh guys, how do I short soi bois" are the worst fucking thing on this board. I report them every time.

WIL etf

Your usage of longer words worries me that kneepads has died and a shitposter has finally taken over your identity.
From all the hate you seem to be getting today, I take that you've officially ascended into the tier of "regulars" among tripfaggotry/namefaggotry

yahoo was removed from S&P 500
but wtf she inherited a sinking ship
not a fair comparison

> cant run a company
> instead use company money to buy shares in other companies
brilliant. CEO of the century. you go girl!

>lead effort to pay 1 billion for tumblr
>falls 400 million in valuation in 3 years
In March 2016 Fortune would name Mayer as one of the world's most disappointing leaders
Mayer performed the worst of all public tech company CEOs with a 32.8 rating out of 100, falling short of the industry's 69.7 average rating. While tech leaders represented nearly half of the 50 most likable CEOs of U.S. public companies, the Yahoo executive also earned the second-lowest rating of all public company CEOs — just one ranking above United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz.

See this is the problem. Instead of admitting or able to accept she is a shit CEO, you defend her as being on a sinking ship. It's why you never want a black CEO because firing them for poor performance will be worse and more complicated than otherwise.

She inherented a sinking ship then called all employees who had been remote commuting back to the sinking ship while simultaneously building a nursery for her newborn right next to her office.

and somehow making yahoo worse in the process if that was possible

damn dude. You should talk to some one. Psychological flags flying.

Anyways, favorite rn is BAC and CVS

Let's be honest though 80% chance she sabotaged it on purpose to give more traffic to google. She still made huge amounts of money while running it into the ground and monopoly in search engines for the NSA/CIA is what they want.

YHOO used to be a big deal.
I heard they still have very solid data scientists, but she totally did inherit a sinking ship.

>acquisitions aren't strategic
Isn't the whole reason why YHOO is a sinking ship the fact that they didn't buy out GOOG for a billion dollars when they had the chance sometime around 2000?
What the fuck even is their business model?
Before GOOG was around, I'm pretty sure they were the dominant search engine.
And this is why GOOG has been so desperate to try to get their tarballs running and profitable while their search engine subsidizes it all...

>It's why you never want a black CEO because firing them for poor performance will be worse and more complicated than otherwise.
While I do agree with what you're saying about that being a predicament for firing, I've only liked CEOs that were founders -- MSFT has been dogshit ever since Bill Gates left.
I don't like any CEOs that get "hired" into their role and without that, firing them should never even come to mind. What happened to the guy running Uber is basically unfathomable.

wow WIL really is average of that

not being incredibly sick in hospital helps kek
maybe am getting better at typing too
there has been legit other RKG running around who type just like me lately

yahoo
was
dying

am just saying your example am crap, everyone looks bad when trying to turn around failing company around and failed at it
find a woman ceo who drove successful company into ground then maybe you'd have argument

so? that's dedication
the whole telecommuting thing ridiculous, no duh she didnt want people working from home, thats like a startup tech company having people working from home

they seem to no understand how dire yahoo situation was

Attached: wil.png (1745x737, 302K)

>not being incredibly sick in hospital helps kek
>maybe am getting better at typing too
>there has been legit other RKG running around who type just like me lately
if referring to me, me feel flattered that you thinks I can type like you ^_^
your funposting is truly a weapon to surpass the metal gear
like a calculus of poetry

Attached: 8242d370f6e91117327816c1d2f988d6.jpg (849x1200, 143K)

I didnt know people still go to Ross

> you can't be with your kids even if you've been productive but I am special so I get to spend $200,000 of company money on a nursery for my baby. This will surely boost morale. teehee

Looking to buy tsla and amd puts this week. Suggestions on strike as expiration?

Short Fiat Chrysler, Marchionne will be dead by Tuesday

I really want into tata Motors but Brexit is screwing it up

Just hoping the Russel 2000 continues its chad climb all week.

TSLA is going to take an immediate hit at open from the JPM downgrade. AMD would be an earnings play. Wouldn't bet too much on AMD going down. It looks very bullish. As soon as Wall st. figures out intel shit the bed, is behind in tech by 18-36 months and the CEO firing over an "unprofessional relationship" was actually something else, AMD will soar.

AMD is looking bullish on the hour and daily charts.

JPM downgrade hit them friday

True. Article I was reading had the wrong time so I thought it happened after market. The newest TSLA FUD is thousands of cars sitting in an empty lot 30 miles away from the factory with no explanation. May have some effects.
twitter.com/Benshooter/status/1020163845371805696

That hit friday too.

She wasn't trying to boost moral though. Half the employees were abusing work from home thing. It was a serious, systemic problem with Yahoo at the tine.

It hit Thursday. But the story hadn't developed.

Not saying she was trying to build morale, I'm saying she gutted it before her tenure even began. All it sends is a signal of hypocrisy. My children matter, yours don't. No one wants to work for someone who throws that view in their face.

brainlets detected. she spent half a billion on tumblr. she sunk the ship

Attached: tumblr.png (960x749, 895K)

What does Yahoo even do anymore?
You can buy Yahoo Japan shares through Altbaba

What is this CEO fud you speak of? There's been a lot of fud thrown on Intel lately and I think it's largely priced in, and a beat could yield a juicy shorty squeeze. And the expectations for amd's growth are insane which is why I'm looking to short

Lots of people are playing against Tesla. Drudgereport, zerohedge, chanos, a lot of media outlets, etc. It's actually pretty intense to the point of planting sabotage people into the company.

Talking about Intel not tsla, read better

Also for the funding side, it's hard to tell. Dealerships hate tesla, oil hates tesla, and the car industry hate them too. Lots of people want to see them fail so it's very likely the short side and FUD isn't even for profit but for outside interest telling them to do so for some backchannel pay.

Going out of your way to be inclusive is inherently going to exclude or alienate others. Run a business like a business and leave that shit out.

Attached: 9eefe1d60fc6a8adefc7000898a8ea7d.png (391x676, 166K)

nytimes.com/2018/06/21/technology/intel-ceo-resigns-consensual-relationship.html

Seems like a very bogus reason that reeks of "best excuse we could come up with". Thinking he got canned cause AMD bent them over on his watch but they can't say that or they look very bad.

What do you do when you're completely burnt out from work and life? I've worked everyday for three weeks and lifted also. Also red bulls coffee four hours of sleep manual labor and preworkout. I'm honestly dead. My dad says buy ATT

Attached: DbKhK2rXcAooVwz.jpg (838x1200, 151K)

Or it could be that the company has overpromised and underdelivered on everything it has attempted while being kept afloat on government subsidies, institutional investors and cultists hopes and dreams. No other company has ever been given as much rope as TSLA has. It is a symbol of everything wrong with the ever increasing horizon of voting for value without having to show any money being made. The fact that Elon Musk can manipulate and command loyalty with only words makes me sad for humanity. I can't blame anyone for wanting the circus to end and some sense to be restored.

You haven't analyzed Tesla all that logically. Look at graphs on battery costs and profitability directions.

The article does imply the relationship was used as an excuse, but I think you're off base with a potential "real reason". Sounds a lot more like he was a massive dick and a white knighting twat. Losing a percentage point of market share to amd is neither being bent over nor a reason to fire your CEO

everyone is buying FLO tommorow right? they have some strong brands...

Attached: white-rose.jpg (400x400, 50K)

My post isn't the reason why I am short, it is simply the emotional baggage associated with the company. It is the analogous short version of "Elon musk is going to change the world and algorithms are going to take us to mars!" the long thesis as oppose to the "$35,000 iphones" logical one. I'm short because TSLA is priced like a tech company but it has no tech. Every innovation the company has tried to make work has failed and it has struggled to perform even the most basic tasks necessary for operating a profitable company. They could be profitable if everything was working perfectly, but it isn't and won't be for some time. In the mean time, the company faces crushing debt it has to refinance and will need a new capital raise before years end to stay solvent.

AMD is ahead in tech. Intel fucked up their tech. It's not about the market share they have lost, it is about the catastrophic amount they will lose and cannot do anything about.

10nm yes

70% portfolio in amd, amazes me there are shorts

Tesla Cars vs Cars
Iphone vs telephones

It's simple to understand.

Since it takes more time reasoning to understand my view. The phone/telephone vs smart phone is similar to what will happen with cars. View them as a platform and Tesla is undervalued.

I've already explained all my reasoning before on here about the advantages of Tesla.

I'd much rather have a car platform company focused on the future than one making lots of profit on dead technology.

It's like netflix vs blockbuster. The fact they don't have profitable ICE backbone is an advantage.

AMD is going to 14 this week

Don't suicide

Imagine a SMG without kneepad whore

That's above my entry point. I don't care what happens this week. I won't sell at $22.

If it includes any self driving, that's a pipe dream. Every other companies self driving blows TSLA away. They cannot have a fully self driving vehicle without adding a sensor suite to each car that would cost thousands of dollars. This is not a problem cameras and artificial neural networks can solve in the near term. This was the first thing that tipped me off that the company was being less than honest about it's capabilities.

Futures mooning

Tesla have yet to introduce their self driving software.

As you can imagine, Shashua has thoughts about the current state of Autopilot, which Tesla rewrote internally after splitting with Mobileye in 2016. "You see that they had, I think still have, difficulties with reaching Autopilot 1.0. After three years of development, let's assume that they have reached parity now, it makes sense. This amount of time. This is where they have 10 times the computing power and eight cameras instead of one camera."

cnet.com/roadshow/news/mobileye-ceo-tesla-self-driving-cars/

Tesla began internal self-driving tech development around 2016, after splitting with mobileye

sbdautomotive.com/en/tesla-mobileye-split-self-driving

GREEN FUTURES BABY

>piercings
Ruined

Because they have none. They have a total of 4 patents while GM, Ford and every other automaker have thousands. They are completely depending on NVidia. Number of cameras do not matter. To make this thing safe enough to be on the road you NEED LIDAR. Or else you could fool the ANN by literally painting a mural of a road on the edge of a cliff and watch model 3's barrel off the edge like it was a roadrunner cartoon.

Also not convinced the ICE is old tech. gas is going to be around for a while. Diesel is an amazing efficiency option. Range and recharge times are biggest issues.I personally won't be buying an EV as a main vehicle until battery technology advanced a great deal.

Also an sjw company is a good sing of women flooding the company. More likely for the CEO to get #metoo and for the company to go bankrupt

where do you get futures data?

m.investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Because it is vaporware.

idiotic post

Not as idiotic as those 350 calls. lol

v9 update

Doesn't mean it actually works properly.

this is high level reasoning and argumentation.

Doesn't mean Tesla's wont grow wings and shit gold.

when did you place your model 3 deposit, jw?

Telsa's self-driving car system works about as well as Elizabeth Holmes' blood tester.