Bawww, houses are too expensive in my country!!!!

>bawww, houses are too expensive in my country!!!!
Within a minute, I've found a house on FIVE acres for C$140k (US$104k, €93k), and it's not even up in the frozen north. It's in a small town in New Brunswick, less than an hour away from Maine.

Why haven't you moved to the countryside, user? It's not like you have a job in the city.

Attached: new brunswick house - 5 acres - 140k.jpg (960x720, 152K)

I live in the countryside, next week I'll move to the city for university tho. Once I'm finished with my studies I wanna live in the countryside or atleast the suburbs again, big cities aren't for me

>Why haven't you moved to the countryside, user?
Lived in the area my entire life, bought my own house last spring.

Attached: Hemma.jpg (3035x1722, 1.93M)

>It's not like you have a job in the city.
But I do.

I'm hoping within next 5 years I'll land a contract where I'll be able to work for home all week. Then I'll move to the countryside.

Is buying a house on a mortgage a good idea? That's how pretty much everyone here does it. They buy it and just pay it off over time

it's the only thing I'd go in debt over

Mortgage on a house is pretty much the only thing a sensible spender should ever indebt for.

Well, let's think about that - to live in small-town New Brunswick, you'll need to account for certain ongoing expenses:

>Property taxes
>Homeowner's insurance
>Electricity cost
>Heating, if not electric
>Water cost
>Vehicle insurance and registration and fuel (and initial purchase price if you don't own one already)
>TV/Internet subscriptions
>Sewage pumping if the house has a tank-based system
>Ongoing repair expenses for the roof, pipes, driveway, etc. - you never know what might suddenly pop up

How much does that all cost? Even if a NEET scraped together the purchase price for the property, those ongoing expenses will kill the project.

Average swiss house in a small village

Attached: 67845.png (1406x404, 464K)

>tfw boomers made housing expensive so they could become rich just because they bought their houses for 10k in 1970
We're fucked

I don't know. I had already saved up 85% of the cost by living with my parents and saving all my money so I only took out a small house loan which I paid off in 6 months.

There is literally nothing wrong with debt, so long you aren't retarded about it. Everyone who isn't a financial dipshit knows this. You have two choices
>Save up hundreds of thousands for a couple decades whilst throwing money away on rent
>Get a mortgage right now, spend the same money as rent on repayments except when you sell the house you get those repayments back

how much did the house cost you? It looks like it's kinda small (comfy af nonetheless)

show inside pic, guarantee it's a shithole that needs 20k in renovations

>implying most real estate prices aren't gonna crash when interest rates go up (except in big cities's center)

also, unless you have 120k saved up you're shit out of luck because there's not a single job to be found in a 50 km radius of that place

As long as it's a reasonable mortgage it's not a big deal. Housing is a pretty safe investment in the west.

Cost me 940 000 SEK or around 90K Euro. It is pretty small, 112 square meter in total.

Housing like this only makes sense if you're the type of person that's both very good with his hands, has a circle of friends/family who are good with their hands and have no problem with working on your house 4 hours every day after work etc.
If not a $200k home can cost you probably $80k more to have a bunch of contractors fuck around and do half-baked jobs etc.

The only people I know that have succesfully bought those old shacks and turned them into proper homes were the type of people that don't own computers and don't care about social ocassions other than having a beer on a saturday night. ie nobody on Jow Forums

Attached: nb016964_5.jpg (1271x617, 89K)

Attached: nb016964_8.jpg (1271x617, 86K)

Attached: nb016964_10.jpg (1272x618, 78K)

Looks like a vacation home which hasn't been touched since the 70s

Pretty nice, thought it looked a bit shabby on the outside. Anyway the most salient point is, how the fuck are you gonna pay for the mortgage? Drive 100km every day to work part time at the truck stop diner?

>canadians make threads mocking our houses
>they are nearly fucking identical except only niggers have ac units in their windows
wew just wew

>Why haven't you moved to the countryside, user? It's not like you have a job in the city.
They're just as expensive in the countryside

Prices in Poland are only like a half of that, but we earn 8-10 times less money.
You have no idea how well of you are

Framed houses from prefabricated elements you're talking about are called "Canadian style" in Poland