Australia is TTHATT big?

Australia is TTHATT big?

Attached: D3gowwHX4AIiAvy.jpg (960x917, 113K)

It's almost entirely desert though

me in cancun

sorry

American Midwest ain't anything to brag about.

what's the, objectively speaking, best part?

>Florida
REEEEE
I just want to escape this shitty climate already. Autumn shouldn't have 26+℃ days.

Everyone here moves to Melbourne. Fuck knows why, I've never been.

Depends what you are after.

Have you been to Australia before? Plenty of Kiwis here but I've never personally met one.

greenery/non-desert nature/plenty of water

Nope. I've never even been to the South Island

east coast. queensland even has jungles

Must be weird to live in a country that large with so few people.
Like if you wanted to visit another city you either need to drive all day or fly

Attached: 1324327810587.jpg (707x682, 74K)

Oh just some of the best farmland in the world

>Australia is THAT big yet most of their cities lie along the coast
Is the outback really that unhabitable?

Attached: donald3.png (641x473, 289K)

He meant culturally.

Blip!

>air con fucks out for one day
>die of heat exhaustion

how common are murders/thefts/looting when on these long drives from one end of the country to another?

how come new zealand is completely habitable but australia literally next door to it is almost completely inhabitable? why why why?

latitude

Not that big desu

Attached: la wea.jpg (701x671, 534K)

If you prefer more human, wetland environments, northern NSW coastal towns are ideal. If you prefer cooler climes and ocean swells, the Great Ocean Road in Victoria has so much to offer.
If you are interested in crowded tourist beaches and recreational drugs, try the Gold Coast, in Queensland.

Queensland isn't ever referred to as the east coast, desu.

Until we have better habitation tech (The figurative quinine of Australia) and there's a will to settle the interior it's unhabitable more or less for Australians. There are places with pretty hot temperatures elsewhere in the world

If you are careful nothing is gonna happen to you

what a weird fucking country. does being a lateral country have some perks of living there?

irrelevant

real reason is that australia is the oldest continent on the planet and hasn't had geological activity for millions and millions of years, so the great dividing range (kind of like our version of the appalachians, east coast as well) creates a rain shadow which completely fucks everything west of them

the aussies should terraform the interior of the australian continent to make it green again.

I heard that before. And that the ground is so level that rivers have a hard time getting to the coast or something.

That'd be undoing what the abos did and thus too racist to do

>Queensland isn't ever referred to as the east coast, desu.
interesting. is it more common to divide australia by its states than its geographic regions then? here people talk about the 'midwest' or 'new england' more often than they talk about iowa or maine

What’s Tasmania like?
>climate is neither hot nor cold
>barely culturally enriched
>Tasmania devil
Above is all I know.

>literally next door
Big paddock between us, senpai. A lot larger than most realise.

Attached: 1537391556565.png (2036x3242, 748K)

>Antofagasta
Based Chileans

awful economy, everything costs too much, it's cold as fuck, and the average age is like 45
it is really pretty though

WTF South Australia is based

are you Hannah Gadsby?

Queensland is sort of seen as being up north, since most of us live in the two states below it. The NT is far north because, well, it's all the way up there in woop woop north of everyone else.
Western Australia is, well, out west and South Australia is unfortunate. Tassie isn't really down south like how the Northern Territory is up far north, we tend to talk about Tasmania without a cardinal reference. It's just Tassie, part of Australia but kind of not.
There is a very strong referential bias focusing on Sydney and Melbourne, since they are kind of the two main hubs of the nation.

Not really. What's funny is that we have no cultural differences between west and east lol. Cultures here vary nort-south wise.
Antofagasta is Colombian

>it's cold as fuck
Queenslander detected.

thanks for explaining dude

>winnipeg is a Chilean city
have I been lied to my whole life?

I mean it's one of the most fertile regions on earth but whatever I guess that's the same as a desert.

Is the southern part of Chile, say, less hispanic culture-wise? I assume it’s rustic and not much is going there.

cope

It's like the steppe in Ukraine