This scares Europeans

This scares Europeans

Attached: automatic-transmission-car.jpg (900x500, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMxYr0Qf_t8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf is this?

I learned how to drive manual from playing video games :^)

That's like a maze

Your nightmare

No, only poorfags still drive manual in Europe.

a prndl

>this terrifies the stick shifter

Attached: durango-shifter_0.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

Plenty of people drive auto here. My sister has one

Make no sense you dumb slav

youtube.com/watch?v=FMxYr0Qf_t8

based show

No

What's wrong with these frogs?

Attached: skripal.jpg (340x336, 21K)

what the

as good as a stick

A lot of women drives that

I don't get it. If you have an autotranny a column gear selector makes so much more sense

Attached: cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpg (1440x960, 122K)

Im 23 and I dont have a drivers licence

Attached: 1553375164726.png (645x773, 11K)

No autobahn 4 u

Women are much more rational in their choice of vehicle for some reason. They generally drive some small fuel efficient hatchback with great safety features.

Me neither and I'm older
First time I entered a driving school was in 2011
Keep in mind there's always someone worse than you

Attached: 1280.png (300x180, 11K)

Women just want to drive from A to B efficiently and they actually cause less accidents
You won't kill anyone for being bad at parking

Attached: 4554.jpg (210x240, 5K)

Get with the times old man. Autos are not just for old ladies anymore

Stick shift is really fucking stupid, even in a sport car you can get an auto with paddles which still is better than manual

What if I told you the way I got my licence was convincing an instructor relative to take me out on 4 hour drives in the middle of the night while I was a inexperienced learner and I did it for a whole year and aced my test on the first go (I was 17 btw)

I would tell you you were lucky

based and zack/cody pilled

Though i'm a jobless poorfag studying now and I don't have a car so I can't drive anywhere unfortunately

I'm actually starting to prefer automatics. The less shit I have to do while driving the better.

I never understood how having to constantly play around with a fucking stick is in any way preferable to just pressing down on the pedal and going.

I can't legally drive because Ireland doesn't allow bioptics for low vision driving like the US and UK

Driving manual is not really a choice in Europe until very recently. It's just the default on pretty much all cars but >80k Mercedes/BMW.

I can't find a picture, probably because its too retarded.
But I drove a Lincoln once with TABS that controlled the transmission. Fucking tabs around where the climate control is.
It took me 3 minutes to find how the fuck to move the damn vehicle.

Wtf is this shit? How can you shift gears with that poke?

Attached: Julius.jpg (200x183, 9K)

Same

Understandable, I just don't understand the huge "stick shift culture" and why they have such a hardon for hating auto drivers

It’s not the stick that’s the problem, it’s very easy to manage that, it’s constantly working the clutch in traffic that is annoying.

Yeah it's cringe as hell. At least over here the main reason is that automatics are mainly for people that really can't drive (you can get a special automatic permit which forbids you from driving manual cars, which is a retard license). So from there comes the stereotype of automatics being for imbeciles I suppose.
On top of that being a good drivers is seen as an important aspect of manhood here, to the point people constantly share videos of other people failing to parallel park at once etc, so from that perspective driving automatic is for 'not real men'

Funny, a lot of people here struggle just to get the "retard license" (which is all there is here). Personally I totally flunked the parallel park section of my test (parking a tiny car into a space 3 times its length) but I still got my license. Anyway I wouldn't think car culture is much of a thing there cause of good public transport and biking infrastructure.

I hate it. Drove a rental car that was auto and it was just super boring, your concentration is much lower than when you actually have to do more than just push that gas pedal and turn the steering wheel

This scares brainlets

Attached: honda-joystick-controls-w.jpg (1140x642, 66K)

Imagine using that concentration on where you are instead of shifting

Same here, but I only drive automatic because it is a much better experience if you are commuting in a car. Manual transmission might be fun in some circumstances but it's just extra work for no benefit in the real world, especially if you drive in rush hour on popular roads and in the city.

Learning to drive with a manual gearbox has many advantages that will teach you to be a better driver because a lot of things that you should be alert and ready for coincide with gear shifting so it forces your brain to work with a more complex way to look at stopping. I've never known a driver who can only legally drive automatic because they lack this alertness that will be forced on you when you learn manual transmission.

Despite memes about bikes and public transit we still have the #28th highest car ownership rate in the world.
Admittedly it is among the lowest in the first world but still much higher than the rest of the world.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: manualdriving.webm (632x434, 945K)

>He doesn't have a sequential gearbox

Handicap car

good driver*

This. My car is connected to the interbutts and people still swift gears in place with a stick like a caveman. Never ever drive manual again.

I am learning how to drive lads

We are going to make it lads.

what is L?

I mostly drove manuals at work. But even they started changing out their fleet to new cars with automatics in them. Outside of work, 99% of the kms I've driven have been in automatics and I have one as well.

Love

I have driven both the auto and manual version of my car before buying it and the auto was just dangerously slow because it would often shift while I tried to build up some rpms. With a manual I can keep it in 4 for example so I can overtake better.
But then again I'm sure this is mainly due to the car being slow in general and with newer technologies the shifters become smarter too.

Attached: Toyota_Starlet_Carat.jpg (1500x1003, 301K)

How the fuck am i supposed to brake on time and with precision with my left foot?
left foot is designed by GOD to push the clutch pedal, it is literally the best thing it does.
How do i stop and then start forward on a hill if i dont have a clutch? How do i change gears if i dont have a clutch?
How the fuck does no clutch car drive?
it makes absolutely no sense

only thing that scares me is the L instead of 3-2-1. i like some compression braking going downhill with a heavy load or to avoid random gearshifts going uphill

What the fuck? You brake with your left foot?

I think he believes that an automatic car means you have your right foot on the gas and your left food on the brake.

Why would you need to break with your left foot?

Attached: 1544973520399.png (512x512, 19K)

>How the fuck am i supposed to brake on time and with precision with my left foot?

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (688x800, 54K)

u wot m8

you don't brake with your left foot lmfao

I got my license at 27 and I drive just fine now

>no clutch
google torque converter

you baited a lot of idiots, congrats m8

Manual is cheaper, that’s why most people choose it. Personally I drive automatic, haven’t done manual since getting my license, it’s just more relaxing that way.

I got mine at 24, although I never need to drive.

made me chuckle

*sips soy*

Nothing wrong with either manual or auto. I drive both since they both have their advantages.

Attached: IMG_20190407_143323.jpg (1296x640, 586K)

>tfw trying to teach my sister to drive manual

Attached: 1553035575869.png (339x345, 123K)

>putting modern big inch wheels on older cars
Absolutely vile, you have zero taste

I have my own taste. So I don't give a fuck.

He is a Turk

>those wheels

Attached: 338490598_small.jpg (386x400, 29K)

>I have my own taste
>Ocean MK18

wow verkligen originellt

>Turk

Not him but pretty much every single Swedish dude with a Volvo has those kind of wheels on the 700-900 models.
Our Turks drive BMW.

Var inte så jag menade, polarna har samma hjul på sina kärror men bara för att user i tråden inte gillar det så betyder inte att jag bryr mig.