Cardboard Gold

Yo faggots let's take a break from imaginary internet money to talk about a real money maker, MAGIC THE GATHERING.

I've been making a fucking killing buying collections and flipping to large dealers or collectors. Here's why:

1.) THE RESERVED LIST. WotC made this list of cards after a huge disaster of overprinting that led to the exodus of over half their players 3 years in. Cards on this list cannot be printed EVER AGAIN. In the last year cards on this list have ON AVERAGE gone up OVER 300%. THE AVERAGE CARD. Some of these have gone up much much more.

2.) Crypto boom has led to a lot of magic fags having a lot of money. These are typical NEET/incel fucks who just happened to get lucky TWICE, 1st by playing a nerd game for faggots and, if playing long enough, all of a sudden having a collection worth more than the average car, and 2nd by investing in "this new thing called bitcoin". A lot of these faggots rode the crypto boom like us and cashed out INTO MORE MAGIC CARDS. We are seeing unprecedented growth in very rare and expensive magic cards as an investment vehicle.

3.) Higher and higher prices for Graded cards. We are seeing growth in the graded TCG card market that is overtaking traditional investment collectibles. Just recently a PSA 10 Charzard from Pokemon sold for $55k, last year a 10 Beta Black Lotus sold for $110k, and right now there is an Alpha 9.5 on ebay with the current bid at $62k with 5 days to go.

4.) New formats pushing the value of old cards through the roof. Old School, a new format that has become very popular in Europe, is a format where you can only play with cards from the very first sets from the first 2 years of Magic. MOST rare cards in this format are Reserved List cards. This format is so popular it is even drastically increasing the prices of Collector's Edition sets(pic related) which as of March were selling for $4-5k and are being sold now for $10k+

You faggots trying to get rich on cardboard like me? Share your stories.

Attached: 37171361_10155699504420003_8568478301188784128_n.jpg (720x960, 96K)

youve explained 20 yr old son perfectly. top kek.
his deck is worth $8K. constantly raving about things i dont understand. he is trying to buy a MTG shop in so cal.

>1st by playing a nerd game for faggots

made me kek

>>he is trying to buy a MTG shop in so cal.

DONT LET HIM DO IT. there is tons to be made in buying and flipping collections. There is almost no money to be made as an actual store owner with overhead and shit. Just tell him to hustle fucking hard, always go check out collections and follow leads. FUCK being a store owner. Store owners are who get shit for absolute DIRT when they ned to pay a bill bc they are too stupid and lazy to sell things correctly.

Been accumulating EDH staples since 2011ish. Rhystic Study et al mooned harder than most crypto in that time. Feels good man.

Attached: 1531414375613.gif (1000x1000, 78K)

fat fingered that one. "Store owners are who I get shit for absolute DIRT when they need to pay a bill bc they are too stupid and lazy to sell things correctly."

RL is the worst decision WotC ever made and it's made me a shitton of money. fucking dumbcunts.

Agreed, they basically priced everyone out of the only reason the game had a resurgence in popularity, and now there only choices are

1. Let the stuff continue mooning, driving out new players until the inevitable crash, which pisses everyone off

2. Create functional reprints of Underground Sea, Mox Diamond etc which will piss everyone off and just make degenerate decks stronger

3. Rescind the reserve list and crash the market, which will piss everyone off.

At least I made a ton of money.

This reminds me of when people tried to get rich on baseball cards and comic books in the 90s.

nice fuckin try, rudy

Man, this shit reminds me. I recently got back into yugioh due to childhood nostalgia. So I tried to get my """friend""" to play with me. What did that faggot do? He says, "Dude, let's play mtg instead, it's BETTER." Fucking faggot I swear, he always does this fucking shit. Everything about this fucking queer is all about trying to one-up you. That's his personality. He just HAS to feel superior for liking the "superior" version of whatever you like. This little bitch is the same way with just about everything, from anime ("Oh you like that show? Dude watch monogatari instead, it's so DEEP") to music ("Why do you listen to that? Listen to this obscure hipster onions band, I'm so cool for liking this unheard of thing.")

Fuck mtg and fuck your business. I just want to play some damn yugioh smdh

whenever i see an MTG thread i like to lament about the fact
that my two legacy decks outperformed my crypto portfolio by over 300% in 2018
i should've just sold my crypto portfolio in january for a playset of beta underground seas...

hahahahhahaha LMAO MTGFAGS BTFO

graded shit dude. its about to explode.

so forever all anyone cared about was graded power and duals. thats it. youd see a 9.5 workshop or abyss and be like "dude fuck yuou ill give you retail" but now EVERYONE wants that shit. they want anything from before fallen empires. UNL shit graded was even trash, but not anymore. shits about to get wild.

Sold a Alpha serra angel for $500 couple months ago... not even graded

it makes me sad because i genuinely enjoy playing eternal formats like legacy and vintage. i don't have any power, but i've borrowed vintage decks and they're incredibly fun to play
a lot of people are moving to MTGO for this very reason. there's a much higher skill level associated with the eternal formats, but everyone is priced out of playing with real cards cuz of the reserved list
it's gotten to a point that i can't even afford to build any new legacy decks, i just have to keep updating my old ones (maverick and a grixis control list) and pray that wizards doesn't ban some crucial piece of it

Attached: 908138.jpg (322x450, 42K)

Yugioh is a bigger mess than MTG. I have a friend who travels to tournies and has an expensive-ass deck. I haven't played in over a decade, so it was like culture shock looking at what the meta was at the time.

decentralized currency of the future

Mtg is a bubble. This will end badly

FUCK U MTGOX AHHHHH FUUUUUUUUU

>Yugioh
I've only seen kids play it back in elementary and middle school, past that every nerd plays MTG. It's not obscure in the slightest, user, it's just what the kids are actually playing nowaday -- nothing about one upping. Maybe I'm replying to pasta, I can't tell...

magic is in a bubble. it will come crashing down when WOTC sells in next couple years and the new management doesnt give a flying fuck about 'muh legal obligation to reserved list'. they will print every ounce of value out of your 'gold'. i hope your selling now when everything is topped.

China fakes put a ceiling on possible growth. As a player, I would never buy cards for more rhan a dollar. If I would make a cube for instance, I'd 100% go the fake route. Anyone who doesn't is an idiot too.