Why aren't Americans more thankful to France for liberating them from England?

Why aren't Americans more thankful to France for liberating them from England?

Americans, you don't think you liberated yourself, do you?

Attached: surrender-at-yorktown-482796653-59a4c9bd9abed50011d1dca5.jpg (768x675, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EZ1UAEr-1vQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The US does thank the French. Literally one of the first things they teach you about the French Revolution is because the French basically bankrupt themselves trying to get us our independence

But I am. Now if they would just gibs more FAMAS to fight gubbmint, I'd be even more grateful

Attached: famas.jpg (582x844, 80K)

>the kingdom of france is the the same as republican france

Attached: 2r9bw3.png (1300x2000, 206K)

The house of Bourbon stupidly helped us, not France

you're wrong

Republican France wanted us to help them in their revolution. We wisely said no, for we made a treaty with Bourbon France and not republican France.

i guess all its people were magically replaced then

Every American knows France bankrolled and basically was the driving force behind American victory. Are we supposed to suck their dick because of a success proxy war?

house of Bourbon is French, and French navy and army liberated america.

Inherited the jewry I see, so proud

Huh? The colonials basically did all the land work while most French victories were at sea. The materials from France were extremely helpful but without someone like Washington leading the continental army, it would had been all futile.

We downplay the Spanish support a lot. Basically the governor of New Spain donating a fuck ton of rifles and even men to us helped as well

yes
or at the very least, not be so anti-french.
England tried their best to oppress you so many times and yet american right-wing losers keep glorifying them. it doesnt make any sense

Rightly so. The Spanish mainly just took the opportunity to raid British outposts and steal back old losses from the Seven years war. The French were way more helpful than the Spanish.

Also to continue my last post. You wouldn't say the USSR or China won the vietnam war even though they helped.

>anti French

The only retards in this country, which there are a lot I will give you that, that are “anti-French “ are hicks who don’t know any history before WW2

so all republicans?
im libertarian by the way

If you actually read early US history, after the revolutionary war there were many american politicians that actually reached out to British parliment for a number of things. The last time the British tried anything was during the war of 1812. The French didn't help the US out of the good of their hearts obviously; They were itching for revenge for the seven years' war because they hated the British that much.

All republicans would probably be a safe bet

Most people who do good to others do it out of self interest obviously. But the fact remains that france have done a lot of things for you, while England have done nothing but shit on you and hate you to their guts. They take advantage of you on every fucking opportunity and despite all that the right-wing americans keep glorifying them while demonizing france because they didnt support you in iraq.

>But the fact remains that france have done a lot of things for you, while England have done nothing but shit on you and hate you to their guts
I wouldn't say that. After War of 1812 things got better. The US was weak, The French had their hands full with a revolution and we even had a quasi-war with them. French even captured a shit ton of our ships and sailors. It was rocky for both nations.

I don't know what you're talking about right-wing americans though so

nobody is antifrench here, i dont understand where this meme comes from

Are americans really taught this or is it one retard?

I mean it's technically true and what actual americans thought like 200 years ago which led to the quasi war lmfao

>The French were way more helpful than the Spanish
Well the french did fight british in the atlantic ocean to stop all their reinforcements from reaching the colony after all. Oh wait that was us as well.

that doesn't make what i said untrue.

Your most decisive battle was also won because of us.

??????????????????????????????
most of your victories were in Florida with a sprinkle of fighting Guatemala. also you only had 1 victory as sea.....

but we are thankful you gigantic retard

Years of anti-French propaganda, especially "le surrender XD" meme

Attached: 1544434573007.jpg (1184x1600, 227K)

More like they went bankrupt because their economy was agricultural trash and the King wanted to flex on the U.K

sorry, i thought you said decisive battles plural. yeah you financed yorktown i guess

Based, French people never did anything for us

Attached: Thunderous Applause.gif (256x192, 2.71M)

This was actually a domestic issue in america at the time.
The federalist stance was that the House of Bourbon helped America, and we would be betraying them by helping Republican France. The Democratic Republican stance was that France helped us out with our Republican uprising, so we should support them.

Literally everything they wrote about France applies 100% to England, not to France. Why can't you see through the mask and see who the real enemy is!?

Our spanish commander was the commander in chief of the whole french navy too, so you can start giving us their victories any time you want. We sent the double of men the french did. We secured the whole southern side, which allowed you to move troops to the north.

Should I continue.

lol

you are tho, this is why youngsters here hate your country.

You're a fucking retard. Probably an Anglo bootlicker as well

Everyone involved in that is long dead.
What are we suppose to do?
Send fruit baskets to Paris mudslimes?

shut the fuck up mutt, we got it you hate us, fine we hate you as well.

proof? i see claims but never evidence

then you must be blind then. Two pics from above are good enough evidence. Fox hosts are constantly bashing France, statements like ''well at least he's not french'' are very common.

what proofs, that you hate us ? are you for real ? your very politicians attack each others by saying how french they are literally saying anything related to france is seen negatively.

That's the same thing.
But they saved France twice.

meme pics and jokes = french hate? seems a bit sensitive
never heard or seen this

>they saved france twice
no, once a bunch of volunteers came to build roards, the other time they entered the war because they were attacked by japan and in the end tried to vassal france under their will.

>a bit sensitive
not my fault your people are so dumb decades of unfair french jokes turned your people into hating french people.
look at your very politics
youtu.be/EZ1UAEr-1vQ

after that video i know there is no hope if you believe that means everyone is antifrench here

your POLITICIANS are arguing that their opponent look or sound french is a downfall for fuck sake. there's no hope for your country.

Yes, I love France

Oh yes, the most pressing issue on every american voters mind, how french are you?
Forget immigration, gun control, abortion or North Korea, we silly americans only ask that our politicians refrain from wearing berets

actually it was the spanish who liberated them

you don't get it stupid mutt, i don't say your politic focus on how french or not something is, i'm telling you that everything regarding france is seen as a downfall in your country and even by your very politicians.