Learning French

Is it still worth it to learn French?

I've always found it a beautiful language, with really nice pronunciation and aesthetic writing, however, when one looks at France nowadays (IRL and on Internet), you barely see any of the old France. The country has been ruined, Paris is ruined, and from what I've heard, even the rural towns are fucked.

With that in mind, is it still worth it to learn French? Not even the French seem to care about their grammar and language anymore as France is turning more and more into a brazillian shithole, and if things keep getting worse in there going there to work, travel or whatever seems more and more of a bad idea.

Attached: tgh188_255.jpg (221x246, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/08/06/world/europe/a-french-town-bridges-the-gap-between-muslims-and-non-muslims.html
youtu.be/XQnwpmUh4Xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a pointless language to learn unless you wanna go to Africa

The country is not more fucked up than any western european one though

Bump.

Your language is one of the most beautiful, mate. Hence why I wanted to learn it. Also, your country does seem to be the most fucked in the west right now.

So, no reason to learn French then? Not even to visit — dare I say it — Quebec? I mean at least in a professional sense, since learning a language just because it's pretty is nonsensical.

Like I said unless you wanna do business in Africa it's useless to learn it
Everybody in Quebec speaks english so that won't be necessary for this purpose
I'm glad that people still like french culture and language though

How is France, really? I know Paris is fucked, but what about rural towns? Are they as fucked? If someone were to learn french and move to somewhere (anywhere) in France, would it still be suicide?

>I'm glad that people still like french culture and language though
It's very beautiful, mate. Amazing pronunciation, your women used to be the best in the world with their accents. Nice story, excellent music. It's why It pains me to see it being destroyed like this. It's why I'm trying to believe there's at least a chance France won't go down the shitter.

Some rural towns like Roubaix are even more fucked than Paris t b h
Rural areas are full of rednecks so I would not recommand you to go there too
The best places to visit should be Aquitaine Normandy and Brittany

What about places to live? Or is it one of those ''Everybody who can afford it is leaving the country''-kind of situation, like here?

Most of upper middle class are going to Bordeaux or Nantes and those cities are actually nice place to live in if that answer your question
Avoid Nantes if you don't like lefties though

That's good to hear. Do those cities have a nice future? Also, the yellow-vest thing was just smoke and mirrors, or anything serious? It seems the french are all castrated. Is it the case and everything is pretty much a slow death?

Shame how no one got your president yet.

>A nice future
Since many Parisians are going there too I can't guarantee anything

The yellow vest thing is still going on but less and less people are participating
Jupiter is just part of the problem, not the problem itself kicking him out won't be very useful I think

Damn. Thank you for your replies, user. What do you think about your country? Are you optimistic, pessimistic, or what?

Pessimistic but maybe it's because I live in Paris
I guess I will leave this country one day

I see.

Attached: hqm995.png (482x427, 79K)

Anyways I'm going to bed
I hope some of my answer were somehow useful to you

It's not a pointless language

They were. Thanks mate.
That's what I was wondering, but everything points to be becoming obsolete/dead in a decade or more. It's like learning latin nowadays.

>Roubaix
holy shit
nytimes.com/2013/08/06/world/europe/a-french-town-bridges-the-gap-between-muslims-and-non-muslims.html

save france

Good luck getting a job as a non speaker outside Montreal and even in Montreal it will drasticaly reduce your opportunities.

youtu.be/XQnwpmUh4Xs
Such vibrant culture

Latin is literally dead. French has millions of native speakers and millions more who speak it as a second or third language.

>Is it still worth it to learn French?
Sim

Attached: 71VIisxF7OL._SY1280_CR100,0,720,1280_.jpg (720x1280, 154K)

Por que você escreve igual a um autista?

The only worthwhile European language to learn in English mate. Apart from that, Chinese is decent maybe Jap if you're a weeb.

That's true.
I can only dream, bro.
Yeah, Chinese definitely needs to be something I'll learn.

Feel like chinese and jap are pointless tho, you will never learn it to a usable degree. Takes to long to learn and memorize all those damn runes

Everytime I enquire about learning and studying a new language everyone always says "learn French ! You will have lots of people to talk to in Canada and will get more jobs!" The only people I ever knew that spoke French were my French teachers at school and I live like 3 hrs from the border of Quebec. Wish we had more spanish speakers or something so that i could learn that instead.

stop believing in Jow Forums memes and actually go to france you dumb cunt, and you'll be surprised how much of france is still left

based, we also need men only gyms , im tired of attention whores wearing yoga pants pretending to work out

Learning French too, awesome and complex language, but I have had my doubts about its utility. Here is what I have concluded:

France as we know it will either wither away like the rest of Western Europe or rise up, but French will still be spoken during our lifetimes.

Quebec isn't going to give into the Anglos

Africa is supposedly going to boom in a decade or two, with the primary language being French.

If nothing else, learning French does help a lot when learning Spanish

Attached: FrancophoneMap.png (1280x705, 224K)

>Everybody in Quebec speaks english

You are a retard.

Attached: images(15).jpg (238x192, 8K)

Learn French.
Don't fall for bargain basement Jow Forums memes.

Attached: Mylene-Farmer-son-amitie-secrete-avec-Jean-Rochefort.jpg (625x417, 30K)

Hated me mother for teaching me French, don't do it lad. Okay, it's beautiful, but unless it's beautiful for you enough to not make threads asking us if you should learn it or not, you shouldn't.

More useful than Dutch

top banter

No

Attached: Bantz.jpg (566x468, 31K)

And?