What is it about America that makes immigrants want to assimilate?

I've been living here for a few years, but I've noticed how immigrants, regardless of where they are from, strive to assimilate into American society. It's not like this back in my home country and in Europe. Hell, even the chinks that I've come to loathe over the years are trying to be more like Americans.

Attached: IMG_0098.jpg (240x256, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x88rCtqvyGE&t=217s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because of american nationalism

because if they don't assimilate they'll be bullied endlessly

Threat of death

Attached: 1450097243809.png (330x1095, 57K)

Not in my experience, they REEE about absolutely fucking anything being different from Mexico despite giving up their lives to move here

American nationalism

Actually this only really applies to Mexicans. Europeans/Africans tend to assimilate, thinking about it

Because America doesn’t have a strong European identity. America has almost always been made up of different ethnicities while Europe up until recently was completely white. It’s easier to assimilate when the culture is mash up of a bunch of others

In burgerland the immigrants are on the edge, if they don't toe the line they get harassed and are called unpatriotic/fifth column.

In Yurop I've noticed that the immigrants and """immigrants""" are nothing more but outcasts, Yuros are either too polite, don't give a shit about these people and/or don't want to get branded as rayciss while a normal burger would welcome Ahmed/Chang/Jose/Tony as long as they carried burger values, even if its small.

>
>

Attached: 1544360988796.jpg (1024x668, 90K)

That's only on social media, though. They don't do it real life. If they do, it's rare.

I'm from CA and have never seen this, and if anything Mexicans assimilate surprisingly quickly, only second to Asians.

This sums it up pretty well.

That can't be true, the other immigrants I have met like living here. Also, Americans seem pretty open to immigrants. They are extra nice to us.

Mexicans assimilate faster than Asians, most Mexicans in my highschool barely spoke Spanish. Most 2nd gen and beyond Asians all spoke their languages still.
t.Got placed in Spanish 1 in highschool and most of the class were Chi's

Cause US is the most powerful country in the world, so if the fell more associated with US then the country their real country, they will think they're instantly hot shit. Not so different from the "native" americans.

spooky

what do you mean by "assimilate"?

In my experience immigrants usually assimilate, in the sense that they:
>learn english
>work
>are generally pro-USA
>if they come in small enough numbers, they won't live in ethnic enclaves
>2nd generation will not always marry along ethnic lines

They don't assimilate in that they:
>continue practicing whatever religion they did in their place of birth
>continue eating their ethnic cuisine
>continue speaking their native language whenever they're with someone who understands it.
>continue to identifying with their place of birth
>teach their children to identify with their parent's homeland.
>vote along ethnic lines.
>if they immigrate in large enough numbers, they will live in ethnic enclaves (China-town, little Tokyo, Korea-town, little Italy, Spanish-speaking towns in the South West, etc).

some of these things will disappear after several generations. You used to be able to know who an Italian American, or Irish American was likely to vote for; just like you know who a black american is likely to vote for today; but now, if someone's last name is O'Rourke or Giuliani, it's 50/50 who they will vote for.

Assimilation is really an inter-generational process, and that's fine. It'd feel kind of shitty if some curry-munching Indian felt like he had to de-convert from Hinduism and start eating burgers to be American. I don't really care about cultural homogeneity, foreign cuisines, or inter-ethnic marriage. All of that stuff is personal shit that you do on your own. It doesn't effect me.

But is a group of immigrants predictably votes a specific way, and their children do too, this angers me. When voters and politicians disagree, it's the voters who should be replacing the politicians; not the other way around.

Attached: 1508188269685.jpg (2682x3810, 1.9M)

Seems to me your main gripe is that brown people keep voting democrat. If it benefits them more, why shouldn't they?

I mean that in the sense that they identify as Americans, but keep in touch with the culture of their homeland. Sometimes, if the move in big enough numbers, they impact US culture, both local and national, as a whole. Immigrants where I from hold on to all of their culture and never let go, thus never integrating. Here in America, they give up some of their culture AND can contribute to American culture as a whole, and they take up American culture.

This is why spics are the ones we need a final solution for

People say we have no culture, but we do have one -- a culture of assimilation. That's why people get angry when you don't speak English, you're going against the culture of everything melting together.

What's the saying? We're not a salad but a melting pot?

Attached: 564446_1.jpg (630x630, 92K)

>if they don't toe the line they get harassed and are called unpatriotic/fifth column.

user the people who do that shit would hate immigrants regardless.

Because Republicans don't want to work for their votes nowadays.

You're right. And it benefits me more if they don't reside in my country.

Americans are not the only ones that get triggered when they see people speaking foreigner language. An anglo lady flipped out cause some brs were speaking portuguese.
I guess is just anglospehere autism,

youtube.com/watch?v=x88rCtqvyGE&t=217s

Speak American or get out,... of this world

You can still be *ethnicity* and American at the same time. You can't do that in E*rope

I'm not blaming the immigrants, or any poor person who votes for gibs. I'm blaming the Democrat politicians who cynically invite them here to change the voter base. It's treasonous. A hyperbolic comparison: what if politicians paid by China invited 300 million Chinese immigrants, who then voted to have USA annexed as a vassal territory of the PRC.

>What is it about America that makes immigrants want to assimilate?
They do not. Look at your imagine, there is a foreign flag there. It is like yids with double citizenship. Immigrants are cowards who moved because things were hard back home. At the moments things become harsh in the US, you will see how well they assimilated (They do not).

But each state has its different culture, though. There is a huge difference between a guy from Utah and California.
Based.

America is a salad and that's okay
Brazil is the true melting pot :^)

America is a new land where your past culture is irrelevant so its easier to assimilate. Also asians americaness gets questioned all the time. Nobody asks a white or black american where they are really from but asian and even hispanic will hear it

OP here. If you can't tell, I'm an Anglo-Canadian. Having the ability to both be a proud American and be proud of your heritage is a good thing. Despite all the hate Americans on here get for it, it's pretty neat IRL. I've been to American Oktoberfest once, I'll never forget it. No idea why you seem so bitter.

Buy-in. Burgerland makes it easy for foreigners to buy property or start a business. Since those assets are immutably tied to the polity known as the United States, those foreigners have incentive to ensure that the United States prospers. And the best way to do that is to do their duty of assimilating sufficiently as to make society work more smoothly.

Compare how easy it is for a non-citizen resident to get a mortgage or a business loan in the US compared to a place like Germany and it'll start to click.

well, our country has 1.7 million japanese descendants and 7 million lebanese descendants and they assimilated as well

Immigrants don't assimilate in Canada? I was expecting you to be European

I prefer if immigrants would reFrenchify this country.

Attached: 1551893025532.png (2480x772, 390K)

>Brazil is the only country in the Americas that can't travel to Japan visa free because the Japanese in Brazil tried fleeing en mass back.
Sure look assimilated

They have dual citizenship, so what?

I don't mind it.

America has 2 big ass oceans. The iranian on the pic is probably the daughter of 2 bahai iranian scientists who fled the islamic regime, while the danish version is a daughter born to 2 goatherders on benefits who supports shia militias in iraq

They are.

They don't assimilate that much better. It just isn't as painful, since they live elsewhere, and don't bother the natives.

we have a LOT of land. immigrants move into the poorest urban neighborhoods, they push out the former residents (usually blacks). It's a chain reaction of ethnic groups moving into a new neighborhood, and causing the former residents to leave (white flight, gentrification, etc). Eventually, people who are wealthy enough to buy houses will move into a suburb of the city they fled (creating new suburbs all the time).

We have plenty of land to create suburbs. Those shitty cookie-cutter looking housing developments are the result of lower and middle-class people fleeing from newcomers in their old neighborhood. It's not just middle-class people in suburbs, something like 50% of food-stamp recipients live in suburbs.

Maybe that's not possible in Europe, with less land, so the immigrants and poor Europeans live 'cheek-to-jowl'?

Attached: suburb.jpg (570x350, 114K)

They are so assimilated that they are treated like dogshit for not being able to speak japanese.

>Brazil is the only country in the Americas that can't travel to Japan visa free because the Japanese in Brazil tried fleeing en mass back.
Source on that

Hahaha wtf is this? DId u make it!?

Attached: 810px-Visa_requirements_for_Japanese_citizens.png (810x355, 121K)

Guess Australia have alot of japs trying to go back then.

Not like they do here. I like the in immigrants much more than Canadian immigrants.
I despise Quebec-niggers. Are Cajuns different?
I live with some relatives for now. I'm thinking about if I want to move to another state or stay here. The US is a big place and has a very diverse climate. On top of that, there are different groups of people in every state.

EACH generation of immigrants since the 1840's has corroded and watered down our culture so it's less of them assimilating to American culture and society and more just joining up with the vile watered down lump that exists here

We just have really strong borders

>assimilate
>When not even blacks, chicanos and jews identify as americans

Don't be mistaken. Immigrants don't want to assimilate, their kids are born into degeneracy and the immigrants themselves will get executed if they don't suck cops cocks.

>loathe chinks
you made up the part about being from europe, didn't you?

Not strong enough that chinks can't break and buy land.

Eurasian Australian qt's > Pardo favela nigs

Same here. Love this country. People are friendly and accepting compared Europe. Don't understand all the hate. Actually I do. Jealousy. I'd be jealous too.

>Pardo favela nigs
What does any of our discussion have to do with americans again?

where you from senpai

Russia

You've been on Jow Forums for to long if you actually believe this.

Based. The russian immigrants I've known through work and school have been really nice. Just like the russian posters on Jow Forums are the nicest posters towards american posters for some reason.

Tell me about me, faggots. You have no fucking idea how this country is since you get all your info from social media and image boards full of idiots like yourself. Nobody judges me nobody cares about my beliefs and nobody expects me to be 'partiotic'. Everyone here lives in their own little world. You fags will never get that. Keep circle jerking

>a normal burger would welcome Jose as long as they carried burger values, even if its small.
Americans hate mexicans, even English speaking ones who vote for trump. Americans would prefer if all mexicans in this country were replaced with either blacks or muslims.

I never said I was from Europe. I said my home country and Europe, meaning I was implying I'm not from Europe.
Are you that Russian that said he wanted to move back?

The Salvi user is just jealous his family stayed instead of coming here. Usually sucks American cock when the other Hispanics are around, is a pretty big pedo too

Not every American is a braindead Jow Forumsedditor, faggot. Stop lying. Americans don't actually hate Mexicans, that's just a meme.

Since when?

Attached: PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-00.png (420x778, 22K)

Russian posters here are just like people in real life, some are friendly some are hateful.
Pro-Putin vatniks both in Russia and here (yes they exist here too!) tend to hate America but there are also lots of Russians who are pretty friendly. (Also even those who do say that they hate America and the west are closeted ameriboos. They hate America but copy all things American)

No, not me. Did you sound like I wanted to move back? :D Fuck no.

I'll concede that not EVERY American hates mexicans but a good chunk of American 4channers do. Anytime anyone mentions anything positive about mexican girls, food, artwork, etc someone always has to come in and say something along the lines of "actually that's not mexican, it's (central/south american country), I'd rather be friends with niggers than spics, etc"

*did I*

Based Slav user, plz bleach our women

>American 4channers do
lmao. no shit. why the hell do you equate 4channels to real normal people?

Because people enjoy the anonymity that Jow Forums has. And when there are no repercussions people are more open to post how they feel.

Don't equate 4channelers with normal people user.

Well but on the other hand image boards attract certain kinds of people and Jow Forums is basically Jow Forums lite so I wouldn't take anyone's opinions here seriously

Hell yeah!!

Attached: 4952787_original.jpg (600x900, 112K)

It's just banter and memes.

Every site online is basically Jow Forums-lite, with the exception of certain parts of reddit.

Discrimination
Biggest force of assimilation, if you disagree you don't know your history

It started that way 7 years ago here but it has manifested itself into actual hate. Regardless I'm too weary to care as it continues. I'm just posting what I've seen.

You don't have a lot of Muslims.

Do Muslims in your country at least have good food and good women?

nah, i deal with them constantly for work and the vast majority of them naturalize and seem white on the phone, after the 4th generation or so half of them dont even consider themselves hispanic anymore and they almost always consider themselves white in my experience.

why did you post a drawing of a mexican american person?

absolutely not, fuck no. i would take mexicans over blacks and especially muslims any day of the week.

Their food is pretty good albeit not very varied.
Muslims women can only marry muslims, but a few not religious Arabs are pretty hot. Not a bit fan of the ebony.

Hispanics are a mixed bunch with assimilation t.b.h. but yeah Asians (East, Southeast and South) all seem to assimilate.

>Mexicans assimilate faster than Asians, most Mexicans in my highschool barely spoke Spanish. Most 2nd gen and beyond Asians all spoke their languages still.
I'm in NYC and the opposite is true here.

You have more muslims than us but not by a lot. Also, the Muslims you get are pretty weird. Here in America they are pretty intelligent and are in most of the liberal arts and advanced classes. They are basically Asian-tier.

why the fuck would anyone want to assimilate

Jow Forums is full of normies

Says the flip who's people teem the U.S, you literally are worse than blacks because they're atleast tall.