No one, in the country or outside the country, cares about my state

>no one, in the country or outside the country, cares about my state
Feels bad, man.

Attached: PA-county.jpg (1600x1132, 369K)

what gives you that idea OP?

are you from filthy?

eh that’s not true
You’re just too MW for the NE and too NE for the MW
Basically your state understands what it’s like to be mulatto

I was just in Pennsylvania last weekend.
Pave your fucking roads you shithole

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

>wasting money on the roads near your state

Tell that to Billy James Mays at Penn DOT.

What state is that?

We would, but all our money is going toward funding F*lthadelphia trains.

Attached: 2016-11-rrd-header-1.jpg (1280x695, 215K)

I love PA.
Allegheny region is beautiful.... People are a little slow and fat but hey, that's most of this country nowadays.

Attached: 220px-ColumbiaStahrArtwork.jpg (220x306, 21K)

it's interesting, that city eats up a lot of the turnpike earnings

we should make them their own state and keep the refineries

No need to get so mad, you’re still better than Ohio

i have no concept on what any east coast states are like
t. West coast

like this, punctuated by large cities with architectural value

Attached: chester.jpg (2800x2100, 1.84M)

>tfw king of the midw*St
bow down peasants

Attached: 984AF1EE-9A1C-414D-82A0-B46F9EEA5A4F.png (1100x1246, 347K)

Imagine a Pennsylvania without that cancerous lump appended to the state. Even if we'd probably be poorer and even though there's still Pittsburgh, at least we wouldn't have a vortex constantly sucking in all our funding.

hello friend

Attached: accent.png (940x498, 267K)

it would have to buy our state's power and gas, among other things

Only UP, fuck all your shithole cities though

I do a little bit

any pennsylvania dutch man in?

>muh

Attached: william penn beckoning colonists to america.jpg (2037x1009, 387K)

>Amish
>on Jow Forums
>on electronics
ayy lmao

didn't say I was amish

Kys

Also Upstate NY should be independent from the NYC area.

Give NYC and Philly to New Jersey.

>he's unironically from the F*lthydeli

Attached: 1488943961145.jpg (830x868, 168K)

Are you telling me you aren’t accessing this basket weaving forum from your digitized milk pan?

I'm part Rhinelander/Frankish.

based upper New York bro, I empathize with your entire state having to deal with that soulless rat nest

please delete your post, you don't know what you're talking about

apart from new york and california they are all a mystery

I'm part Rhinelander/Frankish.

From Lutheran and Roman Catholic roots, not Amish.

>Catholic
bit cringe but ok
you know Pennsylvania Dutch aren't all Amish right? in fact Amish were a significant minority of the speakers of the dialect up until the 20s or so

Telling me shit I already know.

Attached: 1550985088940m.jpg (1024x1009, 73K)

Yes, their noticeable presence is pretty new, they're filling in farms that are sold by families without the desire to work them. What used to be Covenanters and Presbyterians are now often replaced by Amish out in the countryside.

Also there isn't anything wrong with being Catholic.

your post implied it
plus you're referring to yourself as Rhinelander/Franconian (I assume you meant) so either you're saying you're not of colonial stock or for some reason saying your ancestors weren't Pennsylvania Dutch

But I would love to live in Philly

Attached: 687790AE-F918-440E-8D5E-C7EF21B1A9F7.jpg (1200x676, 236K)

If you can afford to live there it has lots of comfortable amenities. Just enjoy the high costs and taxes, as well as the welfare people.

>there isn't anything wrong with being Catholic.

Attached: images(15).jpg (238x192, 8K)

fight me

you're too irrelevant. new york and boston are the only relevant cities in that region. philly just stands in the shadow.

new york depends on PA gas, and its government continues to stymie pipeline expansion, only increasing costs to its citizens and enriching this state

I heard depending on the neighborhood, it could be very safe and liveable. Some of them such as East Falls are for upper class but others like Kensington and Chestnut Hills are more affordable.

most of philly is shit nowadays
would've been amazing in like the 1890s
there's really not that much to see in center city that you can't cover in a weekend trip

Just about any of the museums would take longer than a weekend to see in full.

*sip*
Knoebels
Now THAT'S an amusement park.

Attached: Knoebels-Amusement-Park-6418.jpg (1000x666, 103K)

is this near Erie?

this is Hershey country

No, it's in Northumberland. I remember going on field trips to Knoebels when I lived further north.
Now I live near Harrisburg and I do like Hershey Park, but I still miss Knoebels.

apparently there is a serious drug problem in Kensington right now.

I just moved from philly last week lmao. Fuck that place. Lived in PA for 23 years.

good man, what are you doing in the land of the rising sun? do they have hoagies there?

Yeah. I forgot that Kensington is pretty big and some parts are crime-ridden. I confused it with neighborhoods within it like Fishtown, which are one of the most decent in the city.

The drug problem in kensington is heroin mostly. If you have a car parked there it is often likely people will steal the wheels, but if you don't have a car there's not much to worry about there. The drug addicts can be found slumped over here and there, but they aren't aggressive or violent generally.

East Falls is barely even in Philadelphia. I don't think it's even in Philadelphia county. It's also really lame and just a shitty suburb.

You would fit right in with the other 2000 south koreans. 2 paris baguettes opened last year.

This is the biggest problem with the city. It is too close to new york. Nothing will ever come here if new york is right next door.

my only real complaint with philly is that its people continue to move out into the rest of the state

my city had its first murder in ~40 years thanks to a man from philly

Fishtown is in kensington. Kensington itself is rapidly gentrifying even as far north as port richmond. If you walk around there even at night it is all white 20 somethings.

The issue is that the frankford neighborhood to the north and the neighborhood to the east that connects to broad st, temple university area and then onto strawberry mansion spills its idiots over

I think that if you lived there for a few reasons you would understand why. There is a contagious aggression and depression there. Everyone is in a hivemind of negativity. It's almost like the Jow Forums of cities in a way. The culture is to be the biggest asshole possible and have no respect for anything.

i am studying japanese at a language school. they have hoagies at the convenience stores but i havent tried any of them. there definitely must be an italian deli somewhere here. theres entire restaurants dedicated to fucking spaghetti

>Pennsylvania
>Literally the most American state
quit whining

good luck in your studies, and in whatever you plan to apply that language skill to! hope the hoagies turn out alright

>why yes, I'm from Beaver

Attached: 1413669067566.jpg (500x500, 52K)

That's not even the most embarrassing one.

Attached: set a course for.jpg (400x266, 33K)

I'm listening to an audibook about John D. Rockefeller recently and PA gets mentioned sometimes.

ah yes, the changing meanings

my town used to be called hog's crossing around the same time

you should read up this eminent author, or carnagie's legacy in the state

Attached: James A. Michener.jpg (465x600, 23K)

I have another biography in my audible library that is about Andrew Carnegie

Not sure I'd be into that generational stuff, though. I'll have to try it.

It had a different name for 60 years before they decided Intercourse sounded convenient. If only they could have foreseen the rise of new innuendos.

Attached: Intercourse,_PA_Keystone_Marker_3.jpg (1200x900, 209K)

I was on a trip out here some years ago with my scout troop, though I can't imagine why. The only thing I recall about the town is the one simple guy in our troop laughing at the name to point of excess.

Attached: PA.jpg (1200x900, 310K)

based

Attached: 1553739135995.png (530x523, 544K)

their clearing out the homeless camps really is probably going to help tings

Uh, user

Attached: IMG_0079.jpg (2110x3687, 1.53M)

>M*chigan
Disgusting.