AMERICA TO SLAP TARIFFS ON EUROPE OVER AIRBUS

>The U.S. Trade Representative has kicked off the process for retaliation against EU subsidies to Airbus that Washington says causes “adverse effects” to the United States.

>“Our ultimate goal is to reach an agreement with the EU to end all WTO-inconsistent subsidies to large civil aircraft. When the EU ends these harmful subsidies, the additional U.S. duties imposed in response can be lifted. We can no longer allow EU protectionism to harm American planemakers and jeopardize the livelihoods of their hardworking employees,” U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said in the statement, in apparent reference to recent loss of business suffered by Boeing Co.

>Airbus SE secured a $35 billion jet deal from China during a recent state visit by President Xi Jinping to the French capital, dealing a massive blow to Boeing Co. as it grapples with the grounding of its best-selling jet following two fatal crashes that have been attributed to faulty software.

Whomp Whomp.

Attached: tarifffffffffffffffff.jpg (1202x1298, 337K)

based

>trying to punish other countries because your "state of the art" passenger planes have a kill count higher than your newest missiles by the same company

Attached: 1541572379803.png (800x430, 276K)

They’re not even ours.

> U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said in the statement, in apparent reference to recent loss of business suffered by Boeing Co.

>Boeing
>America
They are a multinational corporation that provides planes to countries all over the world...

What’s funny is all the retards who still support Trump will consider this winning

How much of a sore loser do you have to be lmao

They're based in the US and are public in American stock markets, what do you mean its not American ?

Later: Stop making trade deals with Chyna Europe!!!

By that logic it is Germany’s fault when someone dies in a BMW accident in America.

yes unironically

>america goes more shut-in and more protectionist post-2016
>nobody bats an eye
>EU subsidies plane industry
>USA: REEEEEEE YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT REEEEE

If you think their isnt American parts on Airbus you're as naive as Trump.

t.Worked in aerospace and our engine control units were used by Airbus. A lot of the engines are also American or joint ventures with American companies.

Well if the car had a problem that caused the accident, then yeah

I didnt know, but I dont think that matters, they're threatening tarrifs because China chose a European company instead of their own, it's a legit tamper tantrum.

Doesnt Boeing the subsidies from the US?

What's weird is America also subsidizes Boeing.

Oh boy, it's yet another episode of "Protectionist is ok as long as it doesn't hurt us"

You realize your planes were malfunctioning? There were no human error outside of Boeing's facilities.

Attached: aSasASAs.gif (327x251, 1.12M)

They pull parts from all over the globe

>it's another "US government comes to the aid of the poor wittwe company who would otherwise fail on their own accord" episode
Boeing deserves to eat shit for coming up with a death trap product. But of course it doesn't matter if it's Republicans or Democrats, they'll make sure that a "big business that can't fail" won't fail, even if it makes the US look even more retarded than usual in the process.

Attached: 1553241093978.png (237x377, 80K)

you are forgetting the us gov is an oligarchy and that boieng is their company

Yes they do.

Tfw jew loving trump is gonna increase the price of my snus

the us subsides companies by not taxating them

Based, fuck the Europoors

So NATO dismantle and world war fucking when?

Nice. I hope we put more tariffs on Europe.

Fuck europoors

LMAO I guess that Boeing is really fucked if this is happening. Thank you America, now before i board a plane i have to check if it's a Boeing and see if i should be refunding my ticket. Could be worse, i could be a Brit and have to check if the chicken i'm buying is from America and chlorinated.

Attached: EU.jpg (624x351, 62K)

When people think of the greatness of the EU, they think of Germany, France, etc.

Not poor shitholes like Bulgaria. I'm pretty sure your country just leeches EU funds and the EU would be better off without Bulgaria.

>He's trying to make it seem as if he isn't fully ass blasted

Airbus tecnically has a assembly line in US now(Bombardier C-Series), so that won't mean much.

>makes shit planes
>people won't buy it
>uhhh excuse me you don't respect freedom and democracy here's your tariff
What did Americans mean by this

He simply doesn't understand the EU. He's American so it's not his fault. Kind of like the British government that thought the only members who mattered were Germany and France and the EU would chug Ireland under the bus.

would the tariffs be universal? wouldn't it make more sense to increase the tariffs on the products relevant to the dispute?

Wouldn't be enough to get the message across. It's about forcing the other side's hand.

Based software engineers

Worse than malfunctioning in my opinion, safety systems that would have identified the problem (for example, a mismatch warning light that signals that the two angle of attack sensors are showing different readings) are optional packages that they charge extra for. It's like if your car's oil pressure light was a luxury feature. Boggles my fucking mind.

why would anyone buy this shit if basic features are offered as premium

Murrica please reelect this clown. 4 years will not be enough

Attached: 1301254519448.jpg (288x306, 10K)

In what way does airbus have adverse effects to the US? Boeing planes have already done more to harm to US citizens than anything else.

It's as if they're selling dlc

They don't want competition. Once again, capitalism is nice as a theory, but ot doesn't fit human psyche.

Airbus can open assembly lines in US to dodge the tarrifs tho.

>this post

Attached: 550x550_C58.jpg (300x300, 11K)

Dunno why they don't just put Boeing into involuntary adminstrative control until all the problems of the company are sorted out at least. Why they continue to let crackpots at the helm and hand them money at the same time I got no fucking clue.

Because that's gommunism and the only way state should intervene with businesses is to give them money!

America and their clown can go fuck themselves.

The 737MAX is just a retarded concept and should never have happened but everything else Boeing offers is way better than its Airbus counterpart. the new middlemarket jet unveiled this summer doesn't even have a direct airbus competitor.

i think there's a decent chance this mess with the MAX leads to Airbus moving more towards mid/short range and Boeing taking over the widebody and long haul market entirely.

They are based in the US and lobby the entirety of Washington.

This, buy the NEO

awwww yeah the trade war is heatin up.

only yanks mistook yurope for china LMFAO!

lmao, why are they so bad with geography?

>*subsidises Boeing*
>"s-stop subsidising Airbus! only we are allowed to do that!"

Attached: drumpf.jpg (400x400, 23K)

xDDDDDSD

I hope the trade war graduates to nuclear war, so once the bombs fall I can put on bklack leather and rise as Lord Homomongous the Ass-Raider!

But why is it illegal to subsidise according to the WTO?

Amerilel assblast sure is fun to watch. Another massive victory for European Union

Keked

why do governments subsidize corporations? it's not like corporations exist to work for the national interest. neomercanitlism is retarded.

they also want EU to ban Huawei because of """"backdoors"""" even though US tech is full of NSA backdoors.

fuck americans and their hypocrisy