WTF is going on with ETH. Volume is abysmal. I thought BTC was supposed to die???

WTF is going on with ETH. Volume is abysmal. I thought BTC was supposed to die???

Attached: LWpxKEv3_400x400.png (400x400, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/EOSIO/eos/issues/4821
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ETH is getting no upgrades for two years. Why the fuck are you holding it? There have been zero good dapps made and no one is using ETH to buy ICOs anymore

Really. When the fuck did that happen? I'm constantly reading forums and I've never heard this yet

I guess it's going up now...

price was great like 12 hrs ago, but over the past 9 hrs the shit has been shooting up and aint going back down

lmao what a fucking retard

Attached: 1531390569751.jpg (662x900, 59K)

yet another russian scam
go to netflix, and watch russian hustle

let me explain it to you: ETH is a bullshit incredibly overpriced bubble tulip level platform only used for scammy ICO, kitties and Ponzi games with no real usecase, moreover, ETH is still an alt, and alts crash harder than BTC when BTC silently moons, are you new? also, this hype market run in December was largely due to shit ERC20 tokens, they're dying so their big daddy ETH will die too, oh, and finally, ICOs are mostly paid in ETH, these projects are holding onto millions of ETH which they will dump on the market slowly and suppress the price, kek

Instead of insulting him could you please refute him with examples? Is it true no updates for two years? Name some good dapps? Are icos doing well?

Attached: B2140265-F582-4325-AD9C-B0729D5416B1.png (610x343, 335K)

1. Doesn't scale
2. 1TB + Blockchain
3. No useful DAPPS yet
4. Crawls during Cryptokitties-esque crazes
5. Loop to point 1

ZIL has solved sharding, much more upsight. HOT also has HUGE upside, why would anybody want this dinosaur shit?

>plz buy my bags sirs

faggots selling their eth to buy btc

We are going up now.

>Why would a decentralized network have scaling issues When everyone wants to use it
>My obscure shitcoin network scales perfectly because nobody uses it

Fucking brainlet, ETH has the issues it has because none of the other projects have a piss drop in a rainstorms amount of usage compared to Ethereum.

Attached: 1527434004449.jpg (540x299, 44K)

price discovery, turns out ETH aint worth shit compared to BTC

those that have been around a while would have seen this coming

Is he wrong? Isn't it true that ETH is getting no major upgrades for two years? Can you provide evidence to the contrary?

Casper is going to be released next year, Sharding in 2020.
Both of these are MAJOR upgrades with tons of R&D behind it and the best compromise between decentralization, speed and security.

so no major upgrades for literally years on end lol, it's 2018 btw

"next year" for casper for like 2 years now btw

I love ETH but come on m8

But BTC is even more useless then ETH.

ETH is a centralized shit abortion

Attached: ethereumdevs.png (1414x887, 543K)

PoS on Ethereum is going to be huge and it's coming in 2019.
If it doesn't they might be in trouble, but a timespan of 2 years is nothing in software development.

This isn't your annual fucking call of duty release you brainlet
these things take time
it's not like they can patch this if it's broken, they're dealing with BILLIONS worth of dollars here that can discredit their entire project.
Shut the fuck up and be patient.

sharting doesn't solve centralization
it just obscures what a full node is

>and it's coming in 2019.
yeah, it's totally coming™
it's on the way, goyim™

/thread

400m in parity was done well
can't wait to see what other projects ethereum has in store

You're right. People can rip on ETH all they want, but anything BTC does, ETH does better. And it is the most active platform currently being developed on. There is literally no argument that makes the tech of BTC better than ETH. Literally. No. Argument.

Nope. It is not. I don't understand where you're getting this from?

>ERC20 tokens, they're dying so their big daddy ETH will die too

That's not true. Look at the potential Coinbase listings. A few are ERC20 Tokens, and they're big deals with lots of potential.

>I don't understand where you're getting this from?
from the developers?

try to run a ethereum node nigger, you can't.

There is also no point to use BTC in the future as a store of value coin when ETH has PoS and you can earn dividends by just holding on to it.
With the hybrid PoWPoS model ETH is going to be fairly decentralized with their spec of sharding (state sharding) being superior to all the other implementations.

This is going to take time though and you can't cut corners at this point.

you brainlets never cease to amaze me

No, I'm actually not new. I've been watching the market since 2011 (never got in until 2017 due to life reasons). I don't agree that ethereum is useless. ETH can be traded for anything, btw. Not just shitcoins.

Flippening is coming btw :^]

can you elaborate?

>try to run a ethereum node nigger, you can't.
What about Parity?

>they're big deals with lots of potential.
Is this a joke?

what about it
all their solutions just obscure decentralized security
at the end of the say there will only be a couple datacenters keeping a record of the blockchain

And two years in crypto will cycle x100 and -99% a few times.

>BAT and 0x aren't a big deal
>actual projects with working products and meaningful tokens do not have lots of potential

Off yourself.

Attached: brainlet2.png (466x490, 24K)

This is what people think, but in reality 5 years from now all of the garbage projects from today that never got past a whitepaper will be gone and ETH will still be around as a much better product than it is now.

You have to decide if this means that ETH is going up from here or the altcoin craze was just a bubble and people will stay loyal to BTC. I personally don't think the latter is the case and once PoS gets implemented into Ethereum things are going to get very interesting.

Reminds me of the old indian proverb where ranjeet and pajeet are sitting on a hill overlooking mumbai. ranjeet says to pajeet, "let's run down there and shit on the street". Then pajeet says, "no no ranjeet, lets walk down there and shit on all the streets". Do you see, sir?

ETH is a broken shitcoin, just like every other altcoin.

Attached: ethereums bloatchain.jpg (1404x918, 78K)

ahh, fucking eth crypto newfags are finally realizing their coin of choice is a turd. finally this bloated hog can die and the rest of crypto can move forward. eth=pets.com

Except that nobody gives a fuck about the blockchain size. The official wallet (with geth) supports "light syncing" mode, which is like 0.5-1GB.

eth was either going to break out above or below 0.07 btc
it broke below and will most likely trade between 0.04 and 0.06 for a while
im glad i didnt put my bitcoin into eth

This man happened

Attached: dancat.jpg (1400x969, 101K)

my guess is that ethereum will be the second proof of work chain next to bitcoin
eos will fill roles that ethereum cant because of scaling issues
also, eos has half the trading volume of ethereum but only a fifth of its market cap
people will continue to use ethereum for security purposes but anything that wants to sacrifice high transaction volume for low cost will use eos
i, personally, would still much rather hold a security token on a registered ethereum adress and get paid dividends in tether than holding a security token on eos, where my account can simply be frozen, or anythign like that

eww

>software is being developed over the next 2 years so it actually works when it's released, unlike lightning network
>"no upgrades for 2 years"
it's pottery

Attached: 1WyBSVo.png (368x527, 258K)

Didnt vitalik recently tweeet plasma would be done soon?
>inb4 jun soon ;)

By the time it "works" everyone will have moved on to better blockchains. The problems have already been effectively solved by others. Ethereum has no advantage other than their head start with adoption. That won't last two years.

>better blockchains
>problems have already been effectively solved by others
so which blockchains are these?

See: EOS has already set the record for most tpx on a blockchain. They already have dapps that would be impossible to build on current Ethereum. And your only argument against this will be >m-muh centralized!

kek. you know telling lies is against the EOS constitution right? enjoy having your funds confiscated. you can't meme away a fatal flaw.

What lie?

god you're such a fucking shill. I guess you worded it so carefully and strategically so you could use the "what lie" line next. most EOS shills are just pants on head retarded speculators and constantly spam "better than ETH" but you seem much more rehearsed.

EOS became an ETH whale with their ICO. They’ve been dumping that ETH consistently over the past few weeks to drop ETH’s price and also spamming the ETH network to try to make their own clusterfuck of a mainnet launch look better. Plus there’s like 1000 alts out there that promise to do what ETH is doing, but better and cheaper, while ETH has essentially confirmed it’ll be at least 18 months before scaling solutions are deployed.

fucking lol. Just face it, Ethereum has already been dethroned. If they don't at least match EOS's performance within the next 6 months there will be no looking back.

Attached: trumplaughing.jpg (696x413, 27K)

bitcoin is never going to die as long as cryptocurrencies are supposed to represent value
ethereum is never going to die unless everybody stops launching new tokens or ICOs on their platform, of which there is no sign of

you're right. I should just accept the loss. I would switch to EOS, but the BPs have disabled smart contract deployment on mainnet with no notice and no reason why, so EOS can't host any smart contracts at all now. sucks.

here's the github issue for it:
github.com/EOSIO/eos/issues/4821

Top 2 Dapps are fucking ponzis, let that sink in. Top dapps are scams. Is there no real value in this thing other than gambling, trading and scams?

thats got nothing to do with ethereum, and everything to do with the fact that this space is now full of worthless late adopters trying to get rich after missing out on crypto.

>he doesn't use geth

Attached: 1532369504869.jpg (637x854, 67K)

It's nice to be able to protect people from exploits and bugs that cause them to lose all their money, isn't it? This is why developers and institutions like it. Your argument is based on nothing but blind ideology. Go back to plebbit.

Reminds me of the old indian proverb where ranjeet and pajeet are sitting on a hill overlooking mumbai. ranjeet says to pajeet, "let's run down there and shit on the street". Then pajeet says, "no no ranjeet, lets walk down there and shit on all the streets". Do you see, sir??

It's got everything to do with ethereum. No one has been able to find a legit use case after 3 years due to the technical limitations.

>Is he wrong? Isn't it true that ETH is getting no major upgrades for two years? Can you provide evidence to the contrary?

excellent counter examples. also those dapps you linked mentioned truly gonna revolutionize the world.

ETH $1,000,000 BY END OF HOUR

wow, you really are retarded. let me lay it out for you.

this means:
>it's completely centralized because BPs can freeze the network
>and because it's centralized, the network has to be frozen because EVERYONE would lose EVERYTHING if the bug got loose (and it already is for EOS which is why they froze it)

if a network is decentralized, then there's no reason to freeze it. enjoy your scamcoin.

also casper was meant to be released 2017 summer. it was actually built-in the protocol to make ETH unusable (iceage) if the casper hardfork doesn't happen.

so iceage was overridden to give more time. what the fuck makes you think they'll actually get it done next year? they literally haven't gotten anything done for 2 years.

>it's completely centralized because BPs can freeze the network
You don't know what the word centralized even means, good to know. If those BP's do something that people don't like they will just be kicked out by token holders you fucking brainlet. It's funny how I called it like 5 posts ago.

>m-muh centralized.
Enjoy watching your project slowly die and missing out on the future, faggot

you literally have no idea what BTC is about and what truly gives it its value and i don't feel like educating you here, sorry.

but try to do yourselves a favor and not try to reason for cryptocurrency value because you're clearly far too dumb to comprehend them. you're welcome.

you're right, sorry. amazon AWS i mean EOS is definitely the best.

This
Ethereum is a shitcoin, and no, the fact that the rest of the market is even worse doesn't justify ETh's market cap. Into the trash it goes

Attached: image.jpg (740x431, 55K)

woah you got me good there user

Attached: eosmemes.png (792x600, 83K)

the fact you don't realize AWS is a million times better for institutions is laughable. but no, keep believing american companies are going to invest in a chain that can freeze and confiscate their assets with no recourse.

>The official wallet (with geth) supports "light syncing" mode, which is like 0.5-1GB.
yeah sounds really secure

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 58K)

Woah.

Attached: 247ae58e5ecb2b04d77c4b5e904f6b47.png (352x352, 354K)

>thinking you're smarter than Peter Thiel
>thinking you're smarter than $6 billion of institutional money
>thinking you're smarter than the man who created the only blockchain platform with mainstream adoption
user I....

>being so retarded that you don't even realize you just proved his point
Average ETH holder everyone.

1400-1500$ again?

I don't think you understand the concept of development. It takes time for revolutionary technology to mature. It is still very early and it will take years for it to be "ready" for world-wide adoption.

By the way, you're a moron to think AWS is a million times better.

>believing the bullshit you read on r/EOS

Attached: the average EOS investor.png (951x402, 23K)

ETH is going to $500 soon.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

>Peter Thiel
People who think EOS is amazing because this fag invested in it are retarded. He's a massively wealthy VC, you have no idea how many things he invests in that actually don't pan out.

Do you? How many things has he put more than $2 billion in that didn't pan out?

>I thought BTC was supposed to die???

Attached: bottomless.png (1416x1600, 606K)

There are plenty of currency coins that are better and cheaper than Bitcoin but does that really matter? It's all about popularity and first mover advantage.

Anyone who legitimately thought BTC was just gonna die deserves to lose it all bagholding worthless shitcoins

It was a joke.

any doption is already priced in 10 times in most of those blockchains, ethereum, eos, whatever, they might be advanced tech wise but as an investment they are shitcoins

You nincompoops are gonna apologize to ETH in months to come when scalability gets implemented per their roadmap.

ETH has been battle-hardened, stress-tested, and widely supported, and 99% of alts can't be said of the same.

ETH has been hardforked to recover funds, has an endless supply, and an endless blockchain size
There's a pretty good propaganda campaign to recover parity funds too "oh it will all go back into development goy hardfork for us"

Kek

>ETH is a bullshit incredibly overpriced bubble tulip level platform only used for scammy ICO, kitties and Ponzi games with no real usecase
as opposed to btc whose only 'usecase' today is speculating on its price

And here I was, as a nocoiner, thinking that $500 in HOT and $500 suicide insurance in LINK would release me from wagecuckery.

>ETH is shit but so is BTC so it's okay

Attached: charleslikessoy.jpg (768x1024, 90K)

holding eth feels strange
99% of the posts ITT make it obvious we are still extremely early adopters because even most fudders don't understand the actual problems with the platform
but there are actual problems with the platform, specifically governance (parity corruption/bailouts etc.)
it's really a coin flip whether ethereum succeeds or blows up
but anyone who thinks any other blockchain project that isn't bitcoin has an objectively higher chance suffers from dunning-kruger
prediction: if ethereum crashes to near zero, so will eos, cardano, iota, stellar, tezos, zilliqa... there is no current "ethereum killer" that stands under scrutiny
although it might be best for the industry if a worthy ethereum killer does show up, because fuck if the space isn't infested with bad actors right now. burning it down to the ground, along with bitcoin, might be the best solution if we want a truly global and decentralized network

Are you retarded lol? At least make an effort to fud

It is secure