If a european doesn't speak english he is considered uneducated by other europeans

>if a european doesn't speak english he is considered uneducated by other europeans

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/15/upshot/british-irish-dialect-quiz.html
theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/26/icelandic-language-battles-threat-of-digital-extinction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, because English is such a brain dead easy language that if you can't speak it, there must something mentally wrong with you.

cope

dude 99% of europe dunno a word in english (exept duch) Europeans here are weebs or metal Disabled people

Attached: 9a2ca75d3bce3679c129a7c522b0d75f.gif (245x245, 927K)

Massive seething cope

Stop projecting, the finn is right.

>if an Irishman speaks Irish he is considered educated

Attached: suimiúil.jpg (329x306, 56K)

>easy
You mean we're not autistic

I always thought that Italians' poor grasp of English was simply because of their deep-rooted Anglophobia

Not here at least.
We value knowledge of history, philosophy litterature, hard sciences and mathematics more. Although knowing foreign languages is always a plus

>italy
>anglophobe
wat? The fact we don't really care about you doesn't mean we hate you

Attached: nickyoung.jpg (600x512, 26K)

lmao! I lived i fucking barcelona and madrid and you fuckers cant speak english to save your lifes. When i went to italy theyd rather hear me speaking spanish cause they couldnt speak english either. Dont know about the rest of yurop

Well, no, not really. There are highly educated and important people who neglected their English in favour of German, French and the classical language, at least imc.

This is true

About as much reason for pride as being retarded is

>You mean we're not autistic
Your language degenerated as FUCK and belongs to no one, it's perfect to use and abuse to foreigners.

kek why do you French think you're intellectuals? Comparing yourself to Jupiter and pretending you have an in-depth knowledge of Classical Civilisation, rather than simply being a pretentious berk, doesn't make you Einstein

Most Italians don't really care about anything beyond their own region, which I rather admire, but most of them seem to combine a poor knowledge of Britain, its history and its culture with a Gallic-tier hatred

Just an observation, Giuseppe :^D

>English is such a brain dead easy language
Funny because we had a thread a couple weeks ago where everyone took a English dialect test and it placed most Euros under ebonics which is just broken fucking English

if you're in top 20 gdp ranking and struggle in english it means your domestic culture is strong.

>Your language degenerated as FUCK and belongs to no one, it's perfect to use and abuse to foreigners
(You)

This

I actually hate knowing English because anglos are the smuggest and most annoying people on the planet.

If I took the same one, I got England, Scotland and Wales
I think I was the only person who got the Holy Trinity

I assume anybody that speaks 2 languages is more educated than me.

Not him but he wasn't saying we're good at it, but that we value it more

Does this include any European country? Loads of European countries have laws to promote native language music and literature etc because its impossible to compete with the Anglo juggernaut

Yes?
And?

Gee, almost like there is something mentally wrong with most of my countrymen, you fucking retard.

Attached: 1547755342045.jpg (557x589, 49K)

Because not knowing english is seen as a sign of being mentally retarded but speaking english well is a sign of being a snob. People would mock people trying to pronounce stuff well in class.
Also, fuck off yankee/cuban/narco/guerrilla/autodefensa cumrag.

>music
do you believe youngsters listen to fm radios ? they still struggle in english because it's useless here.

I get the impression that you prefer the attention that comes with being perceived as intelligent by others, rather than savouring knowledge for knowledge's sake

Nah

>European
Well, it is a European language, so idk where you were going with this if you meant this as an insult.
Speak for yourself.

It's funny how different english seen in other European countries.

At least where i went to junior high and high school.
My proper pronunciation received mainly positive feedback from the other students and teachers.

Hard to say it's a nationwide phenomenon. I for one don't think this way, I wouldn't be here otherwise

differently english is seen*

and it's what a bong who can't appreciate something outside anglosphere says.

What the fuck are you on?

No but I assume that similar laws are in place elsewhere in your cultural life, definitely in France, especially seeing as you have the academie francais and all that

>be European
>speak 7 languages
>be American
>only English

Kek

this to be honest
even uneducated 3rd world migrants here know English

Im the guy who replied to the Op.
The only meaning behind my post was that the people we see as "intellectuals" are the ones who indulge in all the fields I've mentionned and many of them are horseshit at english.
Everything else was just created by your imagination and you prejudices against France.

and ? do you really believe it plays a role on the perception of youngsters toward english language ?

>an american is considered educated if he can speak one (1) language

Attached: 1554475985719.jpg (798x770, 119K)

which is why when I repeat myself for the third time in English you Italians suddenly understand it?
Almost as bad as the French, but not quite. European anglophobia never outweighs my ignorant stubbornness

@103993480
test

>(You)
But it's all true, man. Accept it. If it's any consolation, I actually like English. It's not a bad language.

EOPs belong on the cross

Why do you assume that people who can't speak english are anglophobes?
Do I assume that you are francophobe because you can't speak french? No, I know it's because you don't fucking need it. Well guess what? Most people (95%+) will never need english in their lives unless they travel to certain countries. What's so hard to understand about this?

Everybody below 30 knows english but just enough to ask for coffee and say hello, more than that is almost seen as pretentious.
But people will still go to the UK or Ireland to learn english and shit.
It's weird as fuck.

same here

That's not what I was saying in the first place, my thoughts are that if a country has to legally put in place regulations to promote their own language then surely there must be a perceived threat to it. You don't find it in Anglo countries or Russia or China or Japan, they DO have strong local cultures, at least enough to resist Anglo influence. Besides what youngster nowadays doesn't speak English? In France or otherwise, it's the language of the internet

t.retard

You're an idiot

Knowing how to say 'we want benefits' doesn't make them Charles Dickens

>Everything else was just created by your imagination and you prejudices against France
Why do the French think that criticism of the French nation, society or people is all because of the Englishman's unfounded hatred? It seems like paranoia to me

The French hate England. Colour me surprised...

>y-y-you're an idiot
that's true tho, you meticulously replaced and destroyed native populations in your former colonies and are nowadays monolinguals absolutely clueless and terrorized by the outside world.

It's the world language, so obviously a lot of Third Worlders garble it by uttering a few words. I don't think that lessens its charm.

>it's the language of the internet
your arrogance knows no limit.

There is a french speaking internet, it's not as big (and let's be honest, not as good otherwise I wouldn't be here posting on 4channel) but it's far enough for normies.

Requesting this test.
Please.

This tbqh.

And generally if an English speaker doesn't know a second language they are considered uneducated as well.

Because English is one of the main subjects in school here, and that includes special education. The average German is definitely not fluent in English, but should be expected to have at least a basic grasp of vocabulary and grammar.

Seconded.

>Why do the French think that criticism of the French nation, society or people is all because of the Englishman's unfounded hatred? It seems like paranoia to me
Your criticism was a direct response to the content of my post. I merely pointed out that my post was no legitimate basis for such criticism, that's all.

>that's true tho, you meticulously replaced and destroyed native populations in your former colonies and are nowadays monolinguals absolutely clueless and terrorized by the outside world
1. No, we didn't
2. You did

>no u

Attached: 1455775545753.jpg (329x344, 40K)

Yes, exactly

:^)

>666
I mean, come on, regardless of what fr*Nch did, that user wasn't wrong

Also it's funny and kinda disappointing how quickly from the largest empire in world's history your country turned into the world's laughing stock

not my fault you're narrow minded and not smart enough to appreciate different cultures.

>Also it's funny and kinda disappointing how quickly from the largest empire in world's history your country turned into the world's laughing stock
I'm English, user. I know that Europeans are prone to emotional outbursts, and that such a comment might leave them with a throbbing vein in their temple as they hammer their fists against their monitor in impotent rage, but I'm just confused as to the relevance of the statement.

Besides, rather a has-been than a never-was, my Polish chum ;^)

Where did the British 'meticulously destory native cultures'? In most cases it studied them, out of an eagerness to know more about the wider world (in particular the Orient). That's why we ended up with organisations such as the Asiatic Society.

PS. Aboriginal Australians don't count. They're quite literally Denisovans

That's a bit rich coming from a Frenchman. Not that you'd know it, being from such an insular people. Worse, an insular people who think they're worldly

Attached: lol.png (245x279, 189K)

You don't speak english that well. This is a US website that you are all visiting to speak to native english speakers and you aren't the normal people from your countries.
I've been all over Europe. Only some Swedes, Norwegians, Danish, and some Dutch speak English well overall. The rest of you, I dont know where that confidence is coming from.
If German was the big language that everyone learned and it was all over, I'd learn it much better than most of you goofballs bother to learn English.
I like finnish a lot. it's a cute language and I mean that in a endearing way.
That's the pot calling the kettle black if you've ever seen it. The UK has done a LOT for society, more than Poland will for a long time if ever. Your women are all whores for western men too.

Attached: Hescalledapuapujastayoudungmeter_d156a9e8c9d0bbdc9578035ca530d28e.jpg (240x240, 18K)

>This is a US website that you are all visiting to speak to native english speakers and you aren't the normal people from your countries.
spoken like a true newfag.

it's definitely not a Serbian website, and it isn't 2channel. kill more muslims

I took a dialect test, I live in Yorkshire and have never been to any of the labelled places on this map.

Attached: sketch-1554832477982.png (1080x1533, 304K)

Update: really not happy about this lads

Attached: sketch-1554833739637.png (1080x1550, 337K)

being a native english speaker is cancer
you don't know how hard it is

>That's a bit rich coming from a Frenchman. Not that you'd know it, being from such an insular people. Worse, an insular people who think they're worldly
top lel, we valuated foreign cultures since always while you always been so insular in your tiny island everything coming from outside terrorize you

Always assumed English was one of the harder indo-euro languages, there’s a lot of random shit in our language that’s there’s just because

What test is this

>English is such a brain dead easy language
I love how Europeans use this against us, as if it's some sort of insult. As if we're meant to be ashamed of the fact that the accessibility of our language has made it the most successful in all of human history. So much cope. So much anger. Sad!

Could you post this again in English, please, Jean-Marie?

The British-Irish dialect quiz nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/15/upshot/british-irish-dialect-quiz.html

It literally and unironically is. That's not arrogance, just objective fact.

theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/26/icelandic-language-battles-threat-of-digital-extinction

no idea what you just typed

>his country had MANDATORY English classes
Thanks.

English is ooga booga speak in terms of grammar (honest to God I don’t know a single language with a less complex grammar). The vocabulary is usually hard for foreigners though.

>English is ooga booga speak in terms of grammar (honest to God I don’t know a single language with a less complex grammar)
You don't know much about languages then, do you.

Most of the 'complexity' in European languages is pointless, and offers nothing. Look at [pic related] and tell me that it's rational.

I can see why it appeals to men, who value the mathematical/scientific qualities of a grammatically complex language. An enhanced vocabulary can compensate for lack of grammatical complexity, but not the reverse. Perhaps that's why foreign women seem to take more readily to our language, preferring its sound and literary merit as opposed to males' obsession over the precision, or lack thereof, of definite articles and whatnot.

I think the opinion of most non-Anglophones to our language was summed up with an Italian girl's response to a query on a language forum I frequent. When asked her opinion on the English tongue, she said "Is useful, but has not a soul". Where do you even start with that one? lmao

>The vocabulary is usually hard for foreigners though
Most foreigners learn English to interact in an education or business-related capacity. They have no desire to explore the literature, nor dialectal differences, nor the history of the language and its evolution.

Attached: german-1.png (860x321, 49K)

English is a retarded language and doesn’t make any logical sense, especially the way you read this shit

Attached: DF0B6D99-1BDE-419D-B8B8-1A309B90FA71.png (663x456, 37K)

It's actually perfectly logical, if you're intelligent.

Certain letters or clusters of letters within a word can affect pronunciation, yes. So why shouldn't an intelligent person pronounce 'wom-' differently in 'woman' from 'womb'? Why shouldn't the 'a' signify that we should pronounce it differently to when it is followed by 'b'? After all, studies have shown that most people read words as a whole, and so (providing the first and last letters remain fixed) letters can acutally be jmubled without afefcitng our ability to discern them

Maybe our high IQs make us more capable than others :^)

I wish you spoke Ænglisc again.
1066 was a mistake.

Attached: 1537738312949.jpg (720x762, 34K)

Cheer up, Krautanon

Don't kraut me, Bong

The vocabulary is easy two, just because it has more than two syllables doesn't make it hard.

On my nightstand, I keep my watch and a glass of water. As I rolled in my sleep, I accidentally knocked it over.

What is "it" referring to?
The watch or the glass of water?

English literature is mediocre at best because the english language is shit.

I like Bukowski very much

>meanwhile in clapistan
spanish replaces english

English is literally a creole language. Based Italian girl is right, it has no soul. It's a Germanic language that was dumbed down when it was progressively and thoroughly cucked by French.

Attached: 1541261324260.jpg (596x589, 35K)

you have to be at least 18 years old to post here.

Nigger

This man really replied with "Nigger" in 51 seconds.

Attached: perhaps.png (2760x2000, 58K)