TFW you wasted your youth on videogames instead of being productive and learning real skills

>TFW you wasted your youth on videogames instead of being productive and learning real skills

Attached: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (640x480, 31K)

such as ?...

Literally anything else at all would have been more useful

you would have wasted it on some other autistic pursuit like stamp collecting or birdwatching. Or probably on drugs or alcohol

Why do you think so? Why did other people not waste their time now they're reaping the rewards.

Because they're fundamentally better than you, they can resist short term gratification for long term rewards. As you have proven to yourself, you can't do this

But they say that this is based on your environment as you grow up. So maybe if I was raised in the same circumstances as them I would be able to do the work necessary.

And why exactly would you want to be "productive and learn real life skills" instead of playing video games? What does that even mean?

That is a fair point, probably if you lived Hitler's exact life you'd be Hitler. Or if you lived Einstein's life you'd be Einstein. But you're living your life within your environment and you have to work with that

nah don't worry, there always would be a job that you can do

Idk, start a business, learn to trade options, get really good at a sport, learn programming, a hundred other things I'm sure we've all considered doing at some point but were too lazy to get started on.

I'm trying now but it just feels futile, every pro athlete or "whiz kid" started young. I know there's all those reddit memes about people starting at 50 and becoming successful in some area but how true is that?

no fucking regrets, i still remember the time i spent on my pc playing online games with my friends as something amazing.

Time enjoyed is not time wasted, whatever you did.

>wasted teenage years on autism map painting simulators
>tfw learned geography and english by playing vidya

Attached: 1548138413462.png (925x842, 832K)

I didn't enjoy it that much though I was just addicted so therefore it was wasted

My former employer hired me because I played starcraft 2 and had a high APM
It was a trading job and required high reaction skills with the ability to pay attention to changing details on multiple screens
I performed way better in this job compared to my older collegues thanks to video games, fuck you

Yeah and I mentioned my 2v2 arena rating in an interview and the interviewer offered me his job and took $100 000 out of his pocket to give me as a signing bonus then began sucking my dick.

that didn't happen and neither did your shit

Take comfort in the fact that life is futile for everyone. There's probably nothing after this life so whatever you do it doesn't matter. Even if there is, no religion really cares about your material achievements in this life so you're covered there as well.
Live life as a sandbox in which you can fuck around and do whatever, if you can find a meaningful goal to take away from your existential dread you don't have to be a whizz kid.

True. I'm not getting any younger so time to start moving

my grandpa always told me that he couldn't get drugs even if wanted to because all of his money was spent on his car. That's why he tried his best to get my dad introduced into cars aswell

Smart man, drugs are one of those pitfalls from which it becomes exponentially harder to get out of the younger you start doing them

Videogames have taught me and you

-languages
-geography
-how to be nice
-how to stand up for yourself
-millions of skill specific sims
-motor control
-honed senses
-creativity
-hope
-etc

There is more than enough to discover, don't just parrot your boomer parents.
I was a disturbed and messed up kid but videogames have always been my medication, it's what makes me want to be alive.

Attached: 1553542192192.png (784x349, 65K)

>don't just parrot your boomer parents

Not parroting anyone just stating my experience from playing thousands and thousands of hours of videogames. None of that shit was true for me.

>-languages
I haven't learned any other language besides English which I already knew

>-geography
I did not learn anything about geography from videogames.

>-how to be nice
Not really, from League of Legends, dota and cs:go I just learned people call you a n****r or a f****t if you mess up even if it wasn't your fault

>-how to stand up for yourself
Didn't really learn this

>-millions of skill specific sims
Didn't play any

>-motor control
Would have learned this better by playing sports

>-honed senses
Not really. Staring at a screen doesn't teach you shit for your senses lol

>-creativity
No creativity involved you're just playing a game someone else made, creativity would be better learned through art or creative writing or something.

>-hope
Didn't learn any hope for anything, not sure what you mean.

>lol
>dota
>csgo

sorry i was remembering a time when this place wasn't infested with redditnormies having npc tendencies

Attached: 1509299353097.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

>tfw 25 and still a kissless virgin
>wasted my teens and early 20's inside my house

Attached: 1536122986631.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

So what do you play where you learned all those things?

bump

If playing to video games is a waste of time, then so are watching a movie or reading a book.

At least you learn something if you read a non-fiction book. If you spent a thousand hours playing a videogame you'd learn nothing

>being productive
>learning real skills

Attached: 49712518-B417-4D44-AE7C-B71534CD0BF6.jpg (1127x1015, 72K)

do you mean all day learning skills? I would kms after a month

How are those spooks though?