Have you seen the black hole picture? So incredibly

>have you seen the black hole picture? So incredibly

Attached: 037.png (1879x1384, 571K)

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/5568063/katie-bouman-first-image-black-hole/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I F*CKING LOVE SCIENCE!

It's a real photo of something we had only been given artistic interpretations of. Yeah, it IS incredible

>It's a real photo of something we had only been given artistic interpretations of. Yeah, it IS incredible

Attached: 1523996529404.png (458x856, 167K)

>It's a real photo of something we had only been given artistic interpretations of. Yeah, it IS incredible

Attached: 34a0aa73.jpg (700x734, 59K)

>some blurry pixelated photo that cost billions of dollars to produce to jerk off le science is awesome redditors

Attached: 1554914909941.webm (600x336, 1.46M)

>monkeys throwing poo at each other

>>monkeys throwing poo at each other

Attached: 1554695767346.png (782x758, 127K)

Shut up albino monkey

>OMG, IT'S JUST LIKE IN RICK AND MORTY!!!! SO FUCKIN AWEZOME!!!

Attached: 1554646653056.jpg (708x800, 95K)

shut up moor monkey

Reminder that the women in the project that the media shilling about did literally nothing

Attached: 1554931925139.png (1769x1071, 254K)

But your pic says otherwise. Are you retarded?

HOW CAN THEY TAKE A PICTURE OF A BLACK HOLE IF BLACK HOLES DONT REFLECT LIGHT IN A WAY WE CAN COMPREHEND???

Attached: Screenshot_20190411_050432.jpg (1080x1072, 115K)

In comparison to the others she didn't do jackshit
Don't get mixed up in semantics

git commits aren't exactly a measure of scientific contribution

If she was the primary author for a given paper, it was probably deserved. NOBODY in the academic world would ever willy-nilly just give first authorship to some undeserving, regardless of any notion of political correctness. The only exception would be for one's grad students (in which case it's better to 2nd or 3rd author, behind your grad students)

She developed an algorithm with others and is a good role model for girls. You don't do jackshit with your time

>and is a good role model for girls

Attached: images.png (220x229, 6K)

>She developed an algorithm with others
Key word with others, her role is massively overblown by the media
>and is a good role model for girls
So?
>You don't do jackshit with your time
Projecting now are we?

>her role is massively overblown by the media
And how exactly do you know?

I see so many people wearing that shirt everywhere, it might as well be a uniform by now

>And how exactly do you know?
Look at

Shut up sudaca monkey

and see my reply:

>git commits aren't exactly a measure of scientific contribution
How are they not?
>If she was the primary author for a given paper, it was probably deserved. NOBODY in the academic world would ever willy-nilly just give first authorship to some undeserving, regardless of any notion of political correctness.
This is incredibly naive
>The only exception would be for one's grad students (in which case it's better to 2nd or 3rd author, behind your grad students)
Academics are filled with nepotism politcal and correctness, just look at the news

>How are they not?
Because the repository is only a part of the scientific contribution, and only part of the workload. Also, you have no knowledge of their workflow. I myself recently published a paper as first author, yet if you were to look at my github commits they'd be miniscule. Why? Because the commits were instead primarily done by my supervisor, even though I actually wrote a large percentage of the lines of code. And beyond the lines of code, the work of developing the theory, reviewing the literature, processing data and writing represents a huge amount of work, none of which is measured in git commits.

Why can't we just enjoy something without you tin foil incel faggots coming out of the woodwork

Attached: 1492969421653.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Also, you have no knowledge of their workflow. I myself recently published a paper as first author, yet if you were to look at my github commits they'd be miniscule. Why? Because the commits were instead primarily done by my supervisor, even though I actually wrote a large percentage of the lines of code
I seriously doubt this
Link the paper and github and prove that its yours faggot
>And beyond the lines of code, the work of developing the theory, reviewing the literature, processing data and writing represents a huge amount of work, none of which is measured in git commits.
If you had taken 10 seconds out of your life to research further you would know that Katie Bouman barely did any of that, she was only a computer scientist that wrote algorithms for the program
time.com/5568063/katie-bouman-first-image-black-hole/
>And Bouman, whose expertise is not in astrophysics but computer science, was one of a small group of people who spent years developing and testing those methods.
>Though Bouman was one of several women who worked on the Event Horizon Telescope team, the majority of her colleagues on the project were men. And while that doesn’t make her any more deserving of applause — Bouman emphasizes that the project was “a team effort” — it does make her a potential role model for young girls who lack examples compared to their male peers. Overall, studies suggest that only about 30% of the world’s researchers are women.
One of several
She even says that it was a team effort and wasn't all her
>Though her work developing algorithms was crucial to the project, she sees her real contribution as bringing a way of thinking to the table. “What I did was brought the culture of testing ourselves,” she says.
That is all she did
Why you feel the need to defend some random jewish women on the internet is beyond me
>saving the thumbnail
>we
>tin foil
>incel
Newfag

Attached: 1462236383989.jpg (500x363, 56K)

>Link the paper and github and prove that its yours faggot
I'm not going to dox myself on 4chinz you retard. You know this just as well as I do, you just wrote that because you knew in advance I couldn't possibly comply with that request.

>Why you feel the need to defend some random jewish women on the internet is beyond me
I'm not defending her, I'm pointing out that your "logic" (git commits being a perfect measure of scientific contribution) was retarded.

>DUDE I LOVE SCIENCE!!!

Soyjak posters are out of control. I think we're at the very end of this meme, where only the newfags are posting it. Only them can think it is still funny.

>Soyjak posters are out of control. I think we're at the very end of this meme, where only the newfags are posting it. Only them can think it is still funny.

Attached: 1554629891440.png (785x731, 201K)

Hi zoomer. Why aren't you a bit original, instead of reposting the same image again and again?
What? Oh you don't know what 'focusing' on a project mean? Oh that's too bad. I guess you shouldn't have spent your early childhood frying your brain on your parents IPad.

>Hi zoomer. Why aren't you a bit original, instead of reposting the same image again and again?
>What? Oh you don't know what 'focusing' on a project mean? Oh that's too bad. I guess you shouldn't have spent your early childhood frying your brain on your parents IPad.

Attached: 1554736189783.gif (452x371, 59K)

>Hi zoomer. Why aren't you a bit original, instead of reposting the same image again and again?
>What? Oh you don't know what 'focusing' on a project mean? Oh that's too bad. I guess you shouldn't have spent your early childhood frying your brain on your parents IPad.

Attached: 1544989384824.jpg (228x257, 28K)

Based!

>Based!

Attached: 1518667031266.jpg (600x900, 148K)

>omg I think I found the way to be always funny, I just have to repost the same image while quoting the post of someone!
>I'm so redpilled!

>>omg I think I found the way to be always funny, I just have to repost the same image while quoting the post of someone!
>>I'm so redpilled!

Attached: 1554463927998.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

>2,410 ++ 1,265 --
swe*Ty...