How many accents in your language can you identify?

How many accents in your language can you identify?

I can tell the difference between every Irish county accent and Irish language dialects but in English I can only identify most British and a few American accents like Deep South, Minnesotan, Californian, Boston and New York/New Jersey.
I couldn't for the life of me tell you where someone in Wales or Scotland or New Zealand or Australia or South Africa or Canada was from just from their accent.

Can Spanish or German or Portuguese speaking people tell from just on their accent which city or region other people are from??

Attached: 1554716983117.gif (480x270, 716K)

>Normal accent
Moscow, Saint-Petersburg
>Kubanoid villager accent and primal barbarian battle roars
Everywhere else

There are 2 Irish accents for me. I can tell when someone is northern Irish or from the republic. There are 2 Scottish accents, Glaswegian and the softer accent. I can identify every English accent. 3 or 4 American accents. Australians, South Africans etc all sound the same (as their countrymen not each other)

Galicians have a rather recognisable accent when speaking Spanish, which is found in a milder form in Asturians. Basques, Navarrese and Aragonese people tend to have a distinct way to accentuate their words. Catalan-speaking people, Canarians, Andalusians and Murcians have an easily identifiable accent. People living in Catalan-speaking lands who don't speak such a language themselves usually have a very neutral accent, though. Madrilenians and folk from 'both' Castilian autonomous communities speak a neutral Spanish for the most part, albeit one can tell Manchegan people and many Madrilenians apart based on a few speech traits. Extremadura is half and half: the northern province has a Castilian accent, the southern one speaks similar to people from Seville.

Here you can tell if someone's from rural Australia if they sound more bogan than usual. There's also those from Adelaide who sound a bit more posh, probably because they were a 'free colony'

>Ukrainian
Can tell between a central ukie and a western ukie, but it's harder to guess whether someone is from Lviv or Uzhgorod (altho there are some hardcore Zakarpattja villagers with a very distinct accent, but they're quite rare nowadays)
>Russian
Can't even tell the difference between a Muscovite and a Pederburgian cause nowadays they mostly sound the same, aside from some minor meme differences (ч vs ш in some words, пopёбpик vs бopдюp etc.)
>Italian
Veneto and Lazio accents are quite distinct, but it's harder to tell the difference between someone from Napoli and a sicilian. Lombardy and Piedmont accents are absolutely ebin so yeah, it's not hard to tell em apart either

Yes. Defnitely. We actually talk quite differently. PT/PT sounds more homogeneous to me, because I'm not that familiar with the regionalities. Same with angolan PT. But in Brazil I can spot so many, because each state basically have their own, and often there are those typical from each provinces regions too.

Why yes I'm Kubanoid, how could you tell?

Attached: 1.jpg (421x537, 117K)

There's no such thing as accent here.

There's tons of accents in Sweden. 50 kms away people speak another accent, hell, even 25 kms away in one direction. Not sure if it's as varied in the whole country, but I can count 13 different dialects on the top of my head.

The only accent I can recognize is the Gozitan one/s. By far the easiest ones to spot

>why yes, I can differentiate each Japanese prefecture by accent and dialect, how could you tell?

Attached: gigachad horizon.jpg (900x669, 139K)

The 3 main ones are Chakavian, Kajkavian and Shtokavian. Any Croat can identify them. There are also dialects that mix various aspects of these 3 dialects, here it is where it gets tricky.

Pakistani svenska, Somali svenska, Yid svenska, Mauritani svenska, Hindi svenska, Russo svenska, Tamil svenska, Pinoy svenska, Bengali svenska, Thai svenska, Sqip svenska, Turk svenska.. what else?

And my town's, I guess.

good luck man

Attached: oq7z7mbaelsz.png (720x932, 86K)

Metropolitain, Québec, Acadien, Lousian, Cajun, New england french, Ontario, Manitoban, Albertan, British columbian, Michiff, belgian, swiss, New caledonian.

I really like your flag, do the five regions represented by the five shields have their own particular accents?

roughly, pic related.
but there are two or three distinguishable dialects in most prefectures.

Attached: Japanese_dialects-en.png (2030x1905, 453K)

>Normal accent
>Moscow, Saint-Petersburg
>Oi, bro, let's go vape(=suck robot cuck) and eat SHAWERMA, shall we

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (644x800, 71K)

There really isn't any "normal" form of spoken language here and Finnish language has tons of regional variations. Some accents and dialects are more distinct than others, like for example savonian and ostrobothian dialects. Sometimes things are more minor, like for example in my city, people use words that aren't used anywhere else. Usually you can tell the general region where someone is from based on the way they speak.

And the more city you go the more nasal and american it gets.