For me? It's Samarkand

For me? It's Samarkand.

Attached: samarkand.jpg (1601x1149, 281K)

go back

For me its bablyon

Attached: babylon-stands-against-god.jpg (720x723, 287K)

Babylon was named after the tower but they weren’t the same thing u buffoon

>ywn visit Babylon
Big fan of Persepolis also

Attached: 52492344-ancient-persian-carving-in-persepolis-iran.jpg (1300x798, 232K)

>Babylon was named after the tower
>tf
>tp

Attached: 1554537963885.jpg (640x480, 50K)

>Babylon was named after the tower
>mfw American education

Attached: facepalm.jpg (191x165, 18K)

>In the Bible, the name appears as Babel (Hebrew: בָּבֶל Bavel, Tib. בָּבֶל Bāḇel; Classical Syriac: ܒܒܠ Bāwēl, Aramaic: בבל Babel; in Arabic: بَابِل Bābil), interpreted in the Book of Genesis to mean "confusion",[14] from the verb bilbél (בלבל, "to confuse").[15]
Literally the same etymology

>Babel—or Babylon—is both a city and a system that the Bible shows endures throughout human experience. It enslaves the bodies and souls of men into a complex mesh of economics, politics and religion. Nimrod chained others to his wicked and greedy ambitions. In him we see the roots of what Babylon becomes. Babylon will rise again in the end time to dominate the world in one final attempt to build a “city” or system that defies the purpose of God.

Cringe

Attached: Babylon_MA_00819512_gjeg8c.jpg (1920x1112, 553K)

You said "the city is named after the tower". Babylon predates the Old Testament, so it's the opposite.
That's pretty based though??

now THIS is based

Attached: 180714-mcnearney-lost-masterpiece-hero_lxmbyx.jpg (1566x881, 656K)

That description is pure cringe

Um no not based.
>the Library of Alexandria burned to the grown
>all that remains of the Pharos is ruins
In what way?

>burned to the grown
*ground

I only know of Samarkand because it's a city-state in Civ5
I shit you not, my Teutonic friend, learned more about world history from playing Civ 5 and Age of Empires than I ever did in school. Burger history class is nothing but
>white man bad
>Christians bad
>Hitler bad
>America bad

>the world in one final attempt to build a “city” or system that defies the purpose of God.

There were many cities Mesopotamia that were ahead of their time, and religion fanatics were screeching all over the place.

I see. I'm not as knowledgeable about Mesopotamian history as I'd like to be, but wasn't Babylon a particularly significant city even among those?

It was, im talking about the cringy religious opinions on the city

Babylon was the name of the city and the empire before the Jews tried heebsplaining the name. It comes from bab illah, meaning God's Gate. Look it up.

>>white man bad
>>Christians bad
>>Hitler bad
>>America bad
Literally all true

>Hitler bad
I don't know. He's starting to look real good when compared to the Merkel regime.

yea most modern "babylon" stories are actually jewish propaganda post Neo-babylonian empire after they got their shit kicked in.

tldr babylon was a city established by the akkadians wayy back in 2300BC after the sumer-akkad merge. lasted up till alexader the great's conquest where it turned to a new city called Seleucia (used old bricks from babylon) then to Ctesiphon (Salman Pak) today and finally Baghdad (which itself was actually an akkadian village some 2000 years ago that survived all this while)

>Samarkand

Attached: Верещагин После неудачи.jpg (992x1200, 707K)