What are your views on freedom of speech?

What are your views on freedom of speech?

Attached: 693805_v2.jpg (550x638, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vw0mWEY-7sE
youtube.com/watch?v=Didjofr937A
youtube.com/watch?v=BPCwOEDkbwg
youtube.com/watch?v=qmyXgQVNFN4
youtube.com/watch?v=biqCtv95ynM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's cool

Cool when it upsets the libs.
Uncool when it upsets me.

It should be protected unless someone says something I don't like, then it should be completely and irrevocably removed for the group who offended me.

My view is "what gives the government the authority to forbid X"? Victimless crimes do not exist and hurt feelings do not make a victim.

The American doctrine is nice, where (other than cases like leaking classified information) only direct calls to violence are illegal.

>All muzzies are violent shitbags
Is fine
>Let's go beat the shit out of muzzies
Is not
>Someone should really beat the shit out of muzzies
Is a grey area

Freedom of speech includes absolutely every type of speech. Hate speech is part of freedom of speech. If you oppose it its censorship and you have no argument.

>Hate speech is part of freedom of speech
I'd agree with you if hate speech existed.

Free speech only proctects your dumb ass from getting thrown in a prison by the government. You can call every black person on the street a nigger if you want to like the dumb Jow Forumsretard you are but that doesn't mean freedom of speech is going to protect your dumb ass from getting beat up.

Hate speech can lead to violent actions down the road and you're an absolute brainlet if you don't think otherwise. Hitler basically spouted hate speech about jews for a decade which led the country to act violence against jews and so forth.

It's overrated

pre-pubescent people having sex do not make a victim

>Hitler basically spouted hate speech about jews for a decade which led the country to act violence against jews and so forth.
This is an understatement and a half. It took a shitload of awful things to catapult Germany into what it became. It was like a pressure cooker for extremist nationalism. Being able to say "Oh man look, Goldberg owns a jewellery store and you don't" wasn't what enabled him, him and his supporters weren't exactly all that bothered with the law. Much less: Trying to suppress him legally gives his views a platform when it inevitably gets reported upon. What's more, it emboldens supporters and makes fence-sitters more likely to come down on their side. Hate-speech laws and "political correctness gone mad" are the only reason why alt-right views have any place in the mainstream. Nobody would even know who Richard Spencer was if some cuck didn't punch him. I'm not saying it should be viewed as good, what I'm saying is that to be effective the limitations on such speech need to be cultural, not legal. Also we need to start holding press accountable for the shit they do, fucking clowns.

yikes.

>What are your views on freedom of speech?
Good and it shouldn't have any buts.

In the Netherlands there is a trend towards more freedom of speech (prime minister thinks holocaust denial is fine, Wilders gets no punishment for his speech crimes, some people argue that free speech ends with violence) but the laws are still quite backwards.

The EU has the opposite trend. As upload filters would be unconstitutional here. And stopping fake news would be unconstitutional here.

>Wilders gets no punishment for his speech crimes
>speech crimes
>talking about islam
yikes

Nah, Wilders got convicted for saying that he would arrange that we would get less Moroccans.

But Wilders has also said things like that the effect of racial riots would be positive, he wants to take the Dutch nationality of Turks and Moroccans, wants to put radical ones ina guantanamo bay, deploy marines against them, shoot people in the knees and what not.

Nazis shouldn't be allowed a platform if the community doesn't want to give them one.

I know it was a lot of different factors that led Germany to become the Nazis they were. I was just saying that everyone remembers Hitler for his speeches. His way of words and persuasion ultimately convinced others.
>Hate-speech laws and "political correctness gone mad" are the only reason why alt-right views have any place in the mainstream.
Kind of. Alt-right stupidity is ultimately just a reaction to what has been going on for the last decade. muh sjws and gamergate and blah blah blah
>Nobody would even know who Richard Spencer was if some cuck didn't punch him.
Maybe? I mean if I remember he already had a following before some guy punched him, he was already in the middle of an interview.
>I'm not saying it should be viewed as good, what I'm saying is that to be effective the limitations on such speech need to be cultural, not legal.
Sometimes it takes legal actions to help move the culture in the right direction.
>Also we need to start holding press accountable for the shit they do, fucking clowns.
sure

We need it to instate fascism, but you could be sure as hell that liberal values such as freedom of speech will be promptly discarded. It has no place in an ideal society.

Wilders asked a crowd if they wanted more or less Moroccans.
Then the crowd started chanting less.
Then Wilders said: then we'll arrange that.

One of the main tools of the international jew. Should be curbed at all costs.

I wish people would mind their own fucking business and keep their opinions to themselves more often, generally.
People are free to say want they want, I just don't want to hear it all the time.

Critizing religion is fine in the Netherlands. Wilders airs tv-spots like these on government funded television.

youtube.com/watch?v=vw0mWEY-7sE
youtube.com/watch?v=Didjofr937A
youtube.com/watch?v=BPCwOEDkbwg
youtube.com/watch?v=qmyXgQVNFN4

youtube.com/watch?v=biqCtv95ynM

I wish all of these loud, obnoxious christfags were shipped off to the middle east so they could "battle" it out, where their religion has actual context.

There has only ever been a few good pragmatic arguments against it, but other than those few exceptions, not having it has lead only to tyranny and suffering throughout the entire course of history. It is one of those few aspects that we have perfected as a society and people fucking with it are asking to have their heads chopped off.

Wilders is actually one of the few anti-war politicians here lol.