Brit, aussie, and kiwi accents

Do any of you guys from Britain, Australia, and New Zealand have trouble telling your accents apart? Specifically accents from southern England apart from the Aussie/Kiwi ones. I think I'm getting better at it, but I still have a pretty hard time.

Attached: download.png (250x144, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QgNdBAlncDA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_voice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't care
fuck off

Based

All sound the same

he asked a real aussie, not one of you faggots

Attached: ck1ck.jpg (400x280, 25K)

Says you scandi

Is that a bad thing?

You live in Sweden so I guess so

>Do any of you guys from Britain, Australia, and New Zealand have trouble telling your accents apart?
No not at all

I don't think anybody who speaks English natively has difficulty telling these accents apart.

fpbp

can you discern American accents?

i can tell pretty easily

Yes, some, but Aussies and Kiwis just sound like ordinary Brits to me.

not me. I can tell British accents apart, but not the other two

The real test is distinguishing yanks and leafs from eachother

it's hard but it can be done

British straightaway. Aussies usually within the first sentence. Depends on the words spoken. Aussies say ‘fesh en cheps’. Kiwis say ‘fush un chups’

Attached: CD9D03B3-23C0-4451-9A63-572A457F0DE7.png (520x390, 37K)

>flag
>speaks English natively

Brits have a bunch of different accents though. All I know about them is I understand some of them

I can hear it in the word “about “ but anything else I can’t tell

saw this setup from a mile away

>flag
>not a paki

Same. Oot and Aboot. That's all. There's also supposedly eh which seems to be a BC thing but I am not sure.

Literally the only way for me to tell americans and canadians apart is the pronunciation of "about" but even then a lot of americans and canadians pronounce it the same

It's not so difficult provided you're one of them

you are saying some leafs say abowt?
because no americans say aboot

Do Americans think that cope will still work after all these years of you saying it?

Attached: 1554584317354.jpg (1024x640, 114K)

people from parts of the midwest pronounce about the canadian way too

>an 'australian poster'

Having watched Trailer Park Boys maybe just the word ‘out’ as well. Is there much or any difference in accents within Canada?

Attached: A73E22F5-6612-4BCA-A6D3-A9DAC55FF2E0.jpg (634x986, 150K)

How weird would Americans sound if you weren't so saturated with our media? Asking you Brits and AusNZ

They claim there is, yes. But I can't hear it. But I've never been to some parts like the Maritimes

Listening to it in media it sounds much more neutral, same with rp. But in real life its still pretty odd sounding. And you can never escape your nassal Rs and vowels being insanely cutting especially on women

not at all. harder thing is distinguishing alike dialects within the british isles. kiwi sounds familiar but obviously different, and most english accents sound completely different, not even familiar. i can tell just with one syllable.

You still sound extremely strange even on television and in film. Sometimes just hearing an American try to speak makes me feel a bit unwell.

i know a canadian irl and he doesn't pronounce the "ou" funny, but maybe cause he assimilated and adopted the american accent idk

It’s obviously very different to us. I don’t think there is any regional US accent I struggle to understand. You definitely notice the accent more if speaking with American tourists IRL though. I’m currently rewatching the Sopranos & I love that New Jersey accent .

>someone likes the joisey accent
Whoa...

I lie it too

fantastic post

i feel like aussies and kiwis are fucking with us when they say they have different accents. you dont see americans and canadians going around saying we have different accents because we know they're practically identical

You may think we sound nasal, but Brits sound like they speak exclusively with their head voice

*laughs in audible voice*

Attached: download.jpg (290x174, 8K)

What is a "head voice"?

Also I'm not a pom.

"Carmela could you please shut da DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR"

Attached: 1427933903029s.jpg (250x233, 4K)

It is a voice coming from your head?

Nah they don’t thats just the northerners, my friend from warrington does that though

Really overly deep kinda like king krule even though he’s from London

the voice you hear when you think to yourself

It depends.
Sometimes you can sounds alright but other times your accents sound like scratching a chalkboard.

i have family from Michigan and they say aboot

Where else would it come from?

No idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=QgNdBAlncDA

Isn't this just one's normal voice?

Apparently we sounded much more alike before ww2. NZEnglish has some different vowels and lack certain vowels that all Australian speakers have, so how vowels are used is all off between us and sounds clearly different.

>Isn't this just one's normal voice?
to you it is, britbong

Are you saying that you hear a different voice for internal monologue/dialogue than your own speaking voice?

Again, not a pom.

no

Attached: loli with shirt up.jpg (1372x1952, 248K)

Yeah but its morw monotone, clear and goes off onto rambling tangents
Fuck me he does accually have a point though middle class english people do sound a lot like an inner monologue

my internal monologue sounds like stephen fry, just like every other american

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_voice

Attached: Gallipoli.1.webm (426x330, 148K)

this thread is for anglosphere countries only GET THE FUCK OUT

I still don't get it. This seems like it's to do with singing.