Map of how influential your cultural exports are. Why is China so bad at exporting art?

Map of how influential your cultural exports are. Why is China so bad at exporting art?

Attached: Cultural Map.png (1357x632, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theculturetrip.com/europe/italy/articles/the-top-10-countries-impacting-global-culture/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin
theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/how-stockholm-became-a-dominant-force-in-global-popmusic/article37541953/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What did he mean by this ?

Attached: 1551595260731.jpg (729x638, 97K)

Literally 90% of american cultural exports is from blacks.

What is this map based upon?

yeap
even k-pop is stsrting to sound like negro music

>completely in the white
sm h

What the fuck kind of culture does Canada export that China or India doesn't? Maple syrup? Moose? The fact that they neighbor USA?

A lot of American musicians and actors are actually Canadian.

>mexico is pink
>spain is white

>Map of how influential your cultural exports are. Why is China so bad at exporting art?
They export a lot it's just a lot of it is unoriginal copies of known western paintings. So they have potential at least in the visual arts.

This though to be fair they force their own radio stations to play a certain amount of Canadian music which is kind of like training wheels for their bands.

Mexican soap operas are kind of all over, and in the US we also get some Mexican TV stations.

Censorship and walled internet.
Censorship restricts creative art, and anything good left after censors they can't shill it on western social media.

Commies restricts their own culture, even most young chinese can't read old text because simplification

theculturetrip.com/europe/italy/articles/the-top-10-countries-impacting-global-culture/

Who made this map?

It’s not fair, spurdo memes need to go mainstream

Nice map, how seconds took it to do?

>10. Sweden
>9. Australia
>8. Brazil
>7. Switzerland

Attached: xaxa_frog_meme.jpg (251x242, 15K)

This article is garbage.

The fact that Mexico and Canada are so relatively dark is how you know this is an ameriburger map

Attached: 1507130778137.png (552x543, 358K)

Sweden actually produces a lot, their government subsidizes artists so as a result they have a shit ton more musicians per capita than basically anywhere else. Tons of the musicians you listen to are Swedish

Same goes for fashion designers etc

Japan is kind of debatable desu. Your average normie isn't going to be too interested in Japanese cultural exports like anime and music. Video games maybe, but most of the normies I know aren't that into jap games

It still zero in terms of whole world. Asia basically was ignored, meanwhile China and India influenced on whole continent. Korea produce much more "cultural" products than Sweden (im not even saying about Switzerland or Australia they produce nothing)

This is a bit of an American-centric map

singapore should be dark red or BLACK

Most normies have a PS4 and most likely a DS they haven't touched for a while. These are both cultural exports, us using this site is technically cultural export from Japan

Nah like I said a TON of modern recording artists are Swedish, you just don’t realize it. I’m sure the chart doesn’t only weigh the quantity of culture produced but also the weight, and modern music probably holds more weight than traditional clothing or cantopop or food that China may export

>TON of modern recording artists are Swedish
3-4? I bet you can't name more than that without google. Anyway DJs aren't "cultural influence"

Turkey certainly has more cultural clout than Clog-People, as does Spain. Retarded map made by a burger.

Cultural, not economic.

That's splitting hairs. Electronics don't have any culture associated with them like music does. Us using Jow Forums does not make it an important cultural export either, because most normal people don't use Jow Forums. Cultural exports that appeal to niche groups doesn't make it important, especially if the majority of the population does not know or care about it

What does Spain export?

did i stutter? singapore has a strong cultural impact on the world. you dont know it, but most "american" celberities are actually SINGAPOREAN. FACT.

But the majority do know about various Japanese icons? I fucking hate island chinks but i can relaize that they have a cultural impact on us, especially the later Millennials and zoomers

Lol here’s the list of all the ones I recognize in alphabetical order

ABBA
Amon amarth
Arch enemy
At the gates
Avicii
Bathory
Candlemass
Ceremonial oath
Cult of Luna
Dark tranquility
Dozer
Entombed
Ghost
Hammerfall
Hypocrisy
iamamiwhoami
In Flames
Katatonia
The knife
Little dragon
Marduk
Meshuggah
Miike Snow
Opeth
Passenger
Peter Bjorn and John
Sabaton
Scar Symmetry
Soilwork
Sonic Syndicate
Swedish House Mafia
Thyrfing
Tiamat
Truckfighters

These are just bands, not individual artists and I still probably missed a bunch

>But the majority do know about various Japanese icons?

Like? I'm being unironic. I don't know what that means

I recognize only ABBA so you are either a lair or a swedish, which is the same thought.

>usa
>japan
>uk
>canada
>sweden
>south korea

These are the easily the top six culturally exporting nations right now.

Same desu

China - Confucianism, influenced languages of Vietnam, Korea(s) and Japan, literary works such as romance of the three kingdoms, journey to the west, fireworks (which I'd argue are more cultural than people using Jow Forums), Chinese new year, Martial arts, acupuncture
India - Buddhism and Hinduism, influenced languages and religions of Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Indonesia. Singapore literally named using Sanskrit. Yoga, Bollywood, Tseries, decimal system, the fucking numeric system the whole world uses, traditional dances
Are these things not cultural? How are they losing to Canada, Mexico, Germany, the UK, Sweden etc.
What about the singers? I'd wager the singers in these two countries reach a wider audience, both in their own countries and in SEA.

Not my fault you don’t recognize any of them. Especially Avicii, Bathory, Candlemass, Ghost, In Flames, the knife, meshuggah, opeth and sabaton because they’re all huge

Also I missed Lykke Li

Clueless retards

Oh i also know sabaton. So are you swedish?

>Canada
literally how

Attached: 1468732305893.png (429x410, 77K)

Ah yes, those famous Turkish TV shows, music, movies, and fashions.

Yeah they are so famous all of them

Avicii I only recognize because of Netflix

You can see my flag, I just like music but even then almost none of the artists I listed are “underground” and anybody who is really into music will know basically all of them

>The world is only America, other countries does not exists

You’ve really never heard of Bathory? Ghost? In Flames? ABBA?

How young are you? Or are you the type of weird freak who only listens to classical music

for us in the anglosphere, different countries import different cultures

You're confusing historical cultural achievements with modern day cultural exports which is really just entertainment. Otherwise, India, China, Greece, etc would be the darkest

So you are just a swedish cocksucker and created this ridiculous map, only because you found few swedish underground musicians? Pathetic

Says the guy completely unaware of musicians that come out of Sweden

Are you a churka

I recognize ABBA, but that's because my mom listens to them. I'm 25

No? I don’t care about Sweden, I just listen to music. Do you not listen to music? Who do you listen to? Don’t say classical

Also who the fuck made a map lmao

You listening to music and knowing about musicians does not mean the whole populace knows about them.

I’m 26 so I’m not sure what your excuse is then

What sort of music do you listen to? Because that list goes from death metal to indie to electropop to avant garde to stoner metal to house music etc etc

Jesus Christ man, Russians sure are paranoid and butthurt. Most people can name at least 3 famous Swedes, most people can't name 3 famous Russians unless you count communist dictators. That's a fact.

I’m not the only person in the world who “likes music” and anyone who is interested in music knows about most of that list, don’t project your ignorance into everyone else

How much of the list do you recognize?

Why are you so obsessed with a classical music? Are you a snob? Why do you think people can't listen classical music? Why do you think people should listen swedish faggish underground? I can recognize a lot of french musicians but i'm not saying that you should do the same.

I don't listen to music; it's not my thing. I'm aware of the top 40 shit my sisters listen to, which is not anything you've listed

ABBA, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, Sabaton, In Flames, Amon Amarth, that's about it. The rest I've maybe heard of some time but I don't listen to them.

Do we speak about Russia here? I don't care about Sweden, but it's fact, it doean't produce as much cultural influence as asian countries do. Or spain.

>Anyone who is interested in music knows about most of that list

lies

Not our fault that the world is populated by subhumans who listen to it

Just answer me, what music do you like?
>I don’t listen to music
That’s extremely strange but alright
Again, stop projecting ignorance

> I don't care about Sweden
I read your other butthurt posts in this thread Ivan

Attached: 272d3f1985fbb13fd8701390fa2c8723.jpg (640x628, 40K)

From Justin Bieber to James Cameron, Canada has significant cultural exports. Plus you are easily one of the most recognisable countries in the world. I bet if you asked some random in Asia, they would be more likely to know about Canada than Germany.

>Just answer me, what music do you like?
For what proposes? In different ages i likes different music, here's my recommendations for today

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-17 Яндекс Музыка.png (817x936, 74K)

I didn't said Sweden is bad, i only said it's gay and not as significant as some asian countries.

Attached: 1442357709014.png (402x398, 126K)

Poop

Attached: 1526295648107.jpg (409x409, 93K)

Your cuisine

Attached: meme_sadfrog.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Words coming out of your mouth mister doo doo

Attached: tumblr_obnmysmU4T1v0pigno1_400.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>a bunch of jazz and classical
You own a cat too don’t you?

>Important modern Swedish cultural exports: ABBA, Ikea
>Important modern Russian cultural exports: Really good chess players
Sweden's not the most important country or anything, but it's still in the top 10 in the world. Relative to its tiny population, it's the most culturally significant country for sure.

At least i'm not gay

Zero jazz. Fuck of nigger. Go listen your underground and think about how you are cool

Attached: sadpepe.jpg (554x567, 38K)

Like a third of that is jazz and you even have anime music on there

So again, do you own a cat?

> Plus you are easily one of the most recognisable countries in the world. I bet if you asked some random in Asia, they would be more likely to know about Canada than Germany.
this I could possibly believe
>From Justin Bieber to James Cameron
but for this, I kinda doubt the average person knows they are Canadian or associates them in any way with Canada.

Also you know too much, crypto-leaf

Attached: Leaf farmer.png (500x488, 212K)

>but it's still in the top 10 in the world.
Sure, because you know only 10 countries, including USA. Though it's a good result for an american

James Cameron maybe not but most people realize Bieber is Canadian

Also it doesn’t matter if people know, they are Canadian so Canada is relevant. In my opinion Canada is relevant because of frailer park boys alone

Ok, show me at least 2 jazz music on my screenshot, and anime music as well. Or you are a faggot

You have to go back

There's this dude too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

Most people don't even realize he exists but he writes fucking everything.

>jazz
zaz
Serge gainsbourg
Nitin sawhney
Eivor palsdottir
>anime music
That jap shit lmao

Now answer me, do you own a cat, this list tells me you do

Oh god, just kys nigger

What is your cats name?

>Russkies in charge of knowing culture
Don't hurt yourself there.

>Korea produce more
Outside of K-pop and Samsung, what is there?

theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/how-stockholm-became-a-dominant-force-in-global-popmusic/article37541953/
Do you know Max Martin?

Would like to know as well. Apart from Rammstein I can"t think of anything we export nowadays. Or does this map refer to historic cultural exports (hitler ....) as well ?

I think it counts food, material goods, literature, tv shows and movies...

Every second globally popular pop song was written by a Swedish songwriter.

>zaz
>Serge gainsbourg
>Jazz
That's fucking easy listening pop, lmao

Korean dramas are huge all over the world. Arguably bigger than kpop, except not so popular in the west and more Middle East, China, southeast Asia.

German softpower is in large parts due to sports. Also half of Eastern Europe grew up watching German TV channels.

Had no idea that was a thing, to be honest with you.

The only channel I get on TV often streams the dubbed version of Deutsche Welle or whatever is called, it's nice

You see these kinds of dramas all have the dame shtick. It's basically the eternal conflict between the traditional expectations of society and parents versus the individual and romantic aspirations of the children. Most societies in transition periods eat that shit up but in the Western world we have already moved beyond it. Think of how Spanish and Portuguese Telenovelas used to be popular decades ago.

Yeah, makes sense.