After America, which is the most influential Western country?

After America, which is the most influential Western country?
Is it the UK? Germany? Brazil? France?

Attached: C755839B-1C19-48F9-A395-55E6939E8F3B.png (648x640, 442K)

Economically probably either England, Germany or France.

>Brazil?

Attached: 1544423290994.gif (200x200, 1.33M)

VNITED EVROPA

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 26K)

Israel

>brazil

UK

>brazil

Attached: 1555337671052.jpg (250x250, 36K)

Brazil is a completely fine bet fyi

Attached: 1540354599847.png (326x245, 126K)

Attached: biggest trading partner.png (700x394, 205K)

>Brazil?

Attached: 1553265418838.png (540x541, 408K)

>>brazil

Attached: 1533348031238.jpg (250x247, 12K)

it's not that funny. stop

Attached: 1544586453599.jpg (500x373, 19K)

In what way is America the most influential country in the west? I would say the UK is

>brazil

If you said historically I would have agreed with you but for the modern day one could look at your own country and easily say America is the most influential today

I don't see it at all, what type of influence are we talking about? America is rich and has the most economic influence but Canada and the west are not especially Americanised in any way that I can think of.

Based on what? We have a lot of soft/cultural power but America beats us even in that

portland's soft power ranking has the UK at number 1 and America at number 4 behind France and Germany. Monocle's puts the UK at number 6 behind France, Germany, Japan, Canada, and Switzerland, with America at 9th behind Sweden and Australia.
The UK absolutely dominates global surface culture and Europe in general dominates deeper culture with America usually playing catch-up

It's Portugal

oн пoнимaeт тoчнo

Next time US makes a statement, of international importance, look at how many different organs respond. And how many state that it will either upset the balance, or help it.

Look at the recognition of Jerusalem.
The world denounced that move, not because of the fact that we made a sovereign decision, but because our influence is so great that if we make a decision like that it'll have consequences.

Additionally, you are kidding yourself if you say the west, and the rest of the world, are not Americanized.
How often do you see American movies, hear American musicians, eat/see people eating American food companies, buy products from American corporations.

Additionally, we pioneered the idea of human rights which is the fabric of modern intl. law

Soft power doesn't matter when you're hard power can dominate anything.
not to mention that the UK does what we say in 90% of cases, so, by proxy, that soft power is ours.

This organizations work for general info, but they're not authoritative.

Brazil is not even western mate. And it's definitely, not influential

For me, it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Britain germany france Japan russia china

Only due to me and our quality individuals.

>brazil

>Canada and the west are not especially Americanised in any way that I can think of.
user, surely you cannot be serious...

>Next time US makes a statement, of international importance, look at how many different organs respond.
Attention is not influence
>And how many state that it will either upset the balance, or help it.
That's just shit stirring
>Look at the recognition of Jerusalem.
The world denounced that move, not because of the fact that we made a sovereign decision, but because our influence is so great that if we make a decision like that it'll have consequences.
What consequences other than angering Muslims?
>Additionally, you are kidding yourself if you say the west, and the rest of the world, are not Americanized.
Just provide examples
>How often do you see American movies
Since quality is subjective and we are looking for global exposure anyway we will use highest grossing. The 2 highest grossing films of all time were written, produced, and directed by a Canadian, one telling the story of a British ship that sank off the Canadian coast. The highest grossing and longest lasting film franchise ever is British, and even in wildly popular American films British actors feature heavily, like the Star Wars franchise where in some films as much as 75%+ of the cast is British

>brazil

Attached: ada4f02479185cad07efcce982541ff5.jpg (500x312, 37K)

>American musicians
Best selling band of all time is British, in the 2010s the top selling artists were British or Canadian (Adele, Ed Sheeran, Drake)
>eating American food
Burgers are popular I guess, and possibly American
>buy products from American corporations
I already said you had economic influence
While we are at it, 7 of the top 10 best selling novels ever are British and 8 of the most popular sports in the world are British, 1 is Canadian, and only 1 American, volleyball. All 4 of the most popular sports in America are British/Canadian, as are many of "your" holidays
>we pioneered the idea of human rights which is the fabric of modern intl. law
You can't possibly believe this
>Soft power doesn't matter when you're hard power can dominate anything.
Soft power is just another word for influence
>not to mention that the UK does what we say in 90% of cases so, by proxy, that soft power is ours.
Cope

Brazil

Attached: images (9).jpg (262x263, 9K)

In what way are we Americanised?

pretty much everything.

Except not

from on outside pov you're the same.

yes it is, shut the fuck up you cunt

That's because from outside you know relatively little about the USA and nothing whatsoever about Canada.

i know enough to see you behave the same, and if that makes strong differencies for you then travel a bit, you'll be surprised.

I'm redpilled now.

None of you are white.

What do you mean "behave the same?" We sound and dress the same sometimes. That's a general north American English accent, it's no more American than it is Canadian, it just grew organically in North America over time. Basically everyone in the west dresses similarly, especially Anglos.

Americans/Canadians dress radically different to Brits m8.

It's weird having this conversation because this seems pretty obvious but I think your refutal comes from the fact that you do not equate economic influence with cultural influence. But economic power + political power translates to the world being exposed and hence influenced by american culture, even if its through indirect means, just think about the artists that you mentioned, all their genres are heavily american-influenced: rock coming from the american south and hip-hop from urban american cities. And the world of cinema too owes a lot to the american efforts to develop cinema in the early 20th century. And then TV shows have mostly been popularized by americans in the 50s.
Before ww2 and america's rise to global superpower most countries were relatively uninfluenced by american culture while now you see people wearing jeans in most european cities, people watching american tv shows , using american websites, and speaking english as a second language (mostly because of american power). If america wasn't so powerful we probably wouldn't be using an american webiste conversing in english and talking about american things.

I have been to the UK 3 times, England all 3 times and Scotland once, and unless you are making a burka joke no we do not dress differently.

Canadians behave nothing like.americans canadians are kind and courteous in a superior america.

Power and culture are not the same thing and we can't reverse engineer progress and start handing out credit at random points. You can't say Drake is using American culture because hiphop came from America or we can just keep going backwards like that and give all credit for music to the first known place a musical instrument was invented, I assume drums in Africa. As far as using American companies, I have now said 3 times that America does have the largest amount of economic influence but that's not what people are usually talking about. They are talking about things like McDonalds, jeans, films, Halloween, etc.

Also, English is the language of England, most of the world specifically teaches the British variant and most of the large international governing bodies officially recognise the British variant. We can argue whether or not English as the lingua franca is because of Britain or America but the fact that most of the world uses, teaches, and recognises British English settles the debate in their favour better than we ever could.

>None of you are white.

Attached: 1555208335646.jpg (1282x1020, 156K)

Go back to the Middle East, Pakistan or wherever you came from.

The only two countries I can think of that have direct influence to degree all around the world are the USA and China. Nothing else really compares due to their higher regional focus, western or not.

>>England
lolno