In school smart kids get good grades and stupid kids get bad grades

>In school smart kids get good grades and stupid kids get bad grades.

Attached: soy wojak.png (644x800, 15K)

yea this is straight up bullshit

>I'm smart. Not book smart or street smart or brain smart, but you know, something

Attached: FTMG5UG645DIXC5LYY35DBSSXI.jpg (1020x765, 66K)

That’s how it works. Sorry you’re a retard.

>why yes I was a truant and now run a successful company

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

In school smart kids get the minimum they need to pass; they find the best way to work as little as possible and be rewarded anyway

>half ass everything up through highschool
>still make As/Bs
>everyone tells me I'm really smart
>get into college
>study like hell
>fail everything anyways
>talk to counselor
>tells me i have autism and there's no way to fix my studying problems

Attached: i648gmqsk74y.png (645x1260, 440K)

>That’s how it works. Sorry you’re a retard.
Studying/being book smart isn't being smart. You just memorized things it speaks nothing of cognitive abilities. Some kids also do poorly in school because they fuck around not that they are stupid. I know idiots that did well in school.

>I'm a uni dropout

Attached: 834.png (680x760, 191K)

Cope dumb dumb

It's true though

Your extremely high intelligence is showing with this post

Attached: hollandia.jpg (682x900, 110K)

>All my shitposting online has to be typed out by my mum because I never learned how to read or write

Attached: 1554656961412.jpg (1618x2100, 934K)

My IQ is 130 and I'm an engineer you mouth breather. Book smart kids are a plague because they pass with good grades but are incompetent in the real world if they actually have to solve problems or think outside of the box. They also seem to be easily conned.

This. The "bad at school = smart" is a millenial meme.
It's only true in the case of people like Elon Musk who drop out after 2 days because they have a plan to do something productive already.

Being bad at school doesn't mean you're smart.
Being good at school, even less.

ascended Chad

>Book smart
There's no such thing. You're either smart and diligent or you're not.
>because they pass with good grades but are incompetent in the real world if they actually have to solve problems or think outside of the box. They also seem to be easily conned.
This is something brainlets tell themselves to feel better

What are you majoring in

>smart but lazy

Attached: C18ADA6A-D7A0-42C8-805E-021FC614DB24.png (753x960, 29K)

It hurts to leave high school and realize that all your hard work and good grades are worthless now, but I think it's time for you to stop clinging to them.
The sooner you let them go, the faster you'll manage to find a new purpose.

Do you fail because you can't concentrate/study or because you fail after studying.

>school is only rote learning
are you retarded if you learn the information and can't apply it or adapt it you get a C

Attached: 1553813710896.png (212x218, 83K)

>Of course I only read the material for the classes that relate to my major and thereby have enough time to excel in the classes that actually matter by not doing the other unnecessary work
>Of course I look up the answers to all gen. ed. assignments on Quizlet and do well on exams and quizzes by reviewing my handwritten notes that I only take from lectures.
>How can you tell all of this?

Attached: A88E3ECE-F7A4-47CB-8BC9-888CF25B3656.jpg (212x237, 4K)

Every second you spent studying boring school textbooks in the timespan imposed by your teachers could have been spent studying something more specific for your life project.
Truth is that people who dedicate all their time and energy to homework regardless of how useful it is aren't truly doing it for a greater purpose; they are only seeking the temporary high of being praised and collecting big numbers. This kind of empty study is typical of short sighted people.
If I stuck with english homework instead of creating a personal study route for myself I wouldn't be able to speak to you right now, my english skill would be garbage like the rest of my schoolmates who got 9s and 10s.

>the absolute state of this cope
Nigger, people who actually are smart have time to do both. Intelligence is literally the speed at which one can process and internalize information. And doing good in school is the easiest possible way to increase your competitiveness on the job market. And no, it‘s not an absolute requirement for success, but it sure as fuck is retarded to not do it if you are able to. So, yes, „I didn‘t care about school because I had my own business plan to carry out“ is a sound statement, but „I wasn‘t doing good because I‘m too smart to do easy stuff“ is the epitomy of retardation.

>I didn‘t care about school because I had my own business plan to carry out“ is a sound statement, but „I wasn‘t doing good because I‘m too smart to do easy stuff“ is the epitomy of retardation
But the second statement was never implied in this thread. OP's statement is that it's superficial and dumb to assume that people who did well in school are necessarily smart while people who don't must be dumb, and I expanded on that concept.
>people who actually are smart have time to do both
Regardless of how smart you are, you still have to sacrifice precious time learning dull shit that won't help you in life in school, time that you could invest in something that actually helps you or at least that you care about.
To me, dedicating minimal amounts of time to these fruitless activities to maximize the time you spend studying for real self improvement is what someone smart should and would do.
Why follow the gym's standard generalist routine when you could create a workout routine that's focused on the type of strenght you want to aquire? You have the time and resources to do it so there's no excuse.
High grades don't matter, nobody is looking at them once you're out of school, what matters is whether you made it or not.

physics
It's a little of both. It's really hard for me to concentrate on studying, but if I try hard enough, I can do it. But when I do study, I don't get anything out of it. I sometimes read a paragraph in a textbook, and as soon as I'm finished reading it, I've already completely forgotten what I read.
Last semester, I read the entire textbook 3 times before I took an exam. I did as many practice problems as I could. When I took the exam, I couldn't answer a single question and I got the lowest possible score.

>Some kids also do poorly in school because they fuck around
how smart of them

Attached: 1549099798579.png (764x772, 255K)