Realistically speaking, how long will it take for African countries to catch up to the developed world...

Realistically speaking, how long will it take for African countries to catch up to the developed world? Who do you think will make it first?

Attached: Senegal.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

csis.org/analysis/world-coming-sub-saharan-africa-where-united-states
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFA_franc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bank_high-income_economy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As soon as big businesses stop fucking leeching from their labour.

once the UK return the 20 trillion of wealth they took from Africa during the 300 years of colonization.

Depends. The DR Congo, CAR, Niger and Chad would take at least 50 or more years, since they're essentially stuck in the 19th century. Countries like Ghana, Gabon and Botswana however could be there in around 25-35 years

When France, UK, USA and China fuck off

Morroco is going to be the first

Literally never because of extreme corruption. You could invest billions into building better schools, training teachers, getting students better resources, etc, and it won't matter because the local govt will embezzle all of the money

It unironically makes me happy to see that africans countries are moving forward

As soon as someone invades all tax heavens and blow up the city of London so that people who exploit Africa's resources have to pay tax in their respective countries.

I think that before 2100 we will start seeing african countries making their way in the top ten of the largest economies.

Moroccan?
More like Moroccan't

Attached: 11.png (750x730, 31K)

NEVER EVER

Attached: 1555285838844.png (330x274, 2K)

Based

Same

English-speaking, Christian countries will have the best chance.

Every time they make progress something happens to send them back a hundred years

unironically based

Propably Ghana or Nigeria if they get their muslim problems under control.
Otherwise I would say that Namibia is already on a high standard enough.

The north African ones will be the first ones.

Its never going to happen, its not environmentally friendly for negroes to become advanced. And the ex-colonial masters will never allow under any circumstance, for the negroes to succeed for their own benefit.

Couldn't believe this picture was from Ethiopia. When I first saw it. I heard their GDP growth was really high but I never really believed it would lead to any real change.

I don't think all of Africa will develop. But most of them will. I think a countries like Botswana, Namibia and Gabon will get their first.

Attached: AddisAb.jpg (1200x900, 282K)

rwanda

Lads?

Attached: gdp.png (849x389, 21K)

wtf are you talking about, South Africa's been a developed country for a long time, have you seen the centre of Cape Town or the suburbs of Johannesburg?

>PPP

I doubt they're ever going to catch up. They're going to advance, but west and east asia will still remain ahead. Their low IQ is too much of an anchor holding them back.

Isn't cape town one of the most violent cities?

Africa is building high-speed rail before the US and Canada.

America has a long way to go.

All you Western Dogs are purposely sabotaging Africa.
PAY REPARATIONS, FUCKERS!

Attached: afronauts.jpg (634x632, 79K)

>+583%
Yeah sure, it's on the "India 2020" level of delusion

Attached: SEALED.jpg (960x639, 81K)

Even Kenya is getting ultra modern trains/railway. They've been doing a great job and are rapidly growing.

Meanwhile in Nigeria and South Africa...

Attached: Nairobi.jpg (1200x900, 247K)

Haters gonna hate

Attached: 569.jpg (489x499, 27K)

So are American cities, your point?

It's not even about hating or not, but even Soviets made more modest predictions about their economy. And we all know how that ended.

They never will because capitalism thrives on fucking the meek over

too many egyptians to become first world

reaslitically speaking Tunisia is the best contender mostly thanks to its lack of natural ressources

Yeah, that's my point.

Capitalism thrives on breeding the meek.

It will never happen

Botswana

Attached: botswana.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Some African dictator will install a 2 child policy and eugenic polices and turn their cunt into a decent country for a while

Are China paying for it?

Cape town has calmed down nowdays, Johannesburg area has got a lot worse, that's what I've heard from saffer family

No idea about how long, but probably Botswana will reach decent standards of living soon.

It's surprising to me that high-speed rail is such an issue here.

Usually it boils down to rural places suing the rail line to keep it from happening. But generally these lawsuits are funded by oil barons.

It's a Kenya/France collaboration. It's what the Macron visit was about.

>Alstom

based and frenchpilled

Likely sooner than you would think.

Cool, how influential is France when it comes to some african countries?, I've heard they control money supply and have trade agreements with them, can anybody redpill me on this?, some people say France has been keeping them underdeveloped, but other claim they've been helping this nations.

Sadly, not that big of an advantage.

>too many egyptians to become first world
What about Germans? What about Chinese? Incompetent leaders look at their populace as an immediate burden rather than an asset.

>USA
What the fuck are you talking about? We barely have interests there. We sell them some shit, aid some in anti-terrorism and provide some aid.

csis.org/analysis/world-coming-sub-saharan-africa-where-united-states

>Natural Resources. Foreign government continue to invest in Africa’s precious minerals and energy resources. However, there is a new urgency to exploit new oil and gas finds and develop cobalt and other battery minerals, which are key for smart phones and electric cars.11 Multinational companies and firms from Australia and Canada to Brazil and Malaysia are scouring continent to monetize this resource bonanza. The region’s potential is also yielding deals for technical assistance with established energy producers. President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa, for example, announced in July that Saudi Arabia is investing $10 billion in his country’s energy sector, including building oil refineries.12

Fucking Canada, Australia and Brazil are more involved in their natural resources. All of this aside many of their politicians are the real problem.

Not even south america has caught up to the developed world and you guys expect fucking africa to do it

>Otherwise I would say that Namibia is already on a high standard enough.
My friend in college lived in S.A. one summer and airked on some nature film. He said Namibia was nice and enjoyed Windhoek.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFA_franc
DGSE is french CIA, whenever there's a change in power in their subsaharran former colonies they're involved

I thought Chile is first world

East asian economies were poorer than some south american countries in the past (Argentina), and look how they are doing nowadays.

Africans are to low IQ to change, they'll always stay behind as a shithole country.

Sweet prince ;_;

Attached: sakara.jpg (410x293, 24K)

They have influence over their former colonies (14/55 countries). Outside of that... barely any.

>some people say France has been keeping them underdeveloped,

There is some truth to this. France and the francophone puppet leaders always boast about monetary 'stability' but it's mostly a meme. If you look at the HDI of french African countries they fall in line with other sub-Saharan nations in terms of development (some worse). It's about control really. They have also been sucking them dry for decades (no homo).

Lately they've been making an effort developing francophone Africa. Probably do to pressure from China but also resentment among francophone Africans has been growing, and a lot of them are blaming the poverty in their countries on the Franc CFA. Of course France doesn't really want this negative PR so they have recently said that they are open to reforms on the CFA.

This system won't last though. It's pretty damn funny how France got away with it for so long.

Usually it's them fucking up some major shit and then cry "FRAAANNNCEEE PLEESE HALP".

>So are American cities, your point?
Cape Towns murder rate is 60.8 per 100k, NYC is 3.4. The countries arent even comparable.

What a massive red herring
they are inferior apes, they will never be capable of maintaining what we have now
however they will still catch up eventually as we degrade after being overrun

Well, once we kickout all the nigger monkey people from our white countries, which will happen in the coming years sorry to tell you, those blacks will probably help Africa from being born in white countries thus having higher then average African IQ.

The last cunts to become first world were South Korea (dirtpoor during the start of the 20th century, devastated during WW2 and the Korean War) and Singapore (only became a real country in the 60s).

>high-speed rail is such an issue here.

Why is it an issue in the U.S?

Fuck bro, maybe it's time to learn Mandarin before it's too late

forever as long as the foreign aid doesn't go into proper education. pay the parents to put them through school if you have to. and none of that dumb religious schooling where you're only allowed in if you proclaim your faith to jesus

none of these countries had a demographic booms egypt had and rather have a large population throughout history

egypt is literally a desert and a river, river that is going to get dabbed on by Sudan

Indonesians are literally burning down their forests. Malaysia is tumblind down into cultural regression. Singapore is an exception proving the rule.

Do you count Eastern Europe as first world?

They'll get there. A lot of these countries are starting from... basically nothing. After decades of civil war, colonialism and corruption. Some of them have started getting their shit together. It'll take along ass time though.

*Pic related is from Cameroon*

Forgot pic

Attached: Cam.jpg (793x800, 93K)

You forgot Poland

Hmm no, plenty of other countries became high-income more recently.
First World is an arbitrary classification, Korea actually dropped out of high-income for a while due to the Asian Crisis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bank_high-income_economy

So much this. But will it ever happen? Please someone knowledgeable on the topic tell me it will soon.

they have a smaller baggage
Africa is a blank slate

Wait, what?? What is Egypt doing up there??

>Botswana
All that diamond money is going to Dutch Jews.

Attached: Maun_Botswana2.jpg (3456x2304, 2.91M)

How are they not? I get countries like Romania, Ukraine, Montenegro aren't but countries like Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, etc are first world.
Any country over 12k per capita income is considered having a first world/high income. Their HDIs are in the very highly developed range as well. Just because they aren't in the west and may have some homeless people as well as christian fundies doesn't mean they aren't first world. People put so many arbitrary criteria when it comes to defining first world (contemporary definition) but going along that route a lot would hesitate calling USA first world too.
Africa is fucked, my friend. Nigeria, for one, is owned by oil companies. Most countries are neo-colonized. Africa has a lot of resources. The developed world doesn't want them to improve so they can use the resources for themselves. NGOs actively forego development so they have a reason to exist.

Considering Brazil has virtually no railroad structure or even metros even being massive commodity exporter, we are behind african countries by a lot. Just nuke us.

First world status?
Unfortunately not until the 2040 and 2050's. These countries are extremely poor and development takes a loooong time.

Attached: Nairob.jpg (1080x1079, 307K)

Yes, we have
They just don't transport people, only cargo, retarded.

But they will soon be better than Brazil, because they have alligned themselves with the new powerhouse of the world while Brazil is sucking the american decadent dick

Attached: mapa1.jpg (719x680, 223K)

>First world status?
Yes, they will be first world because they will move to Europe.
Get ready for tons of africans dicks since 50% of them are under 15 years old

Thank you britbro, that's actually better than I could hope for! I hope one day everyone will be able to enjoy a decent quality of life

Attached: 1553113542345.gif (1200x832, 925K)

>They just don't transport people, only cargo, retarded.

NO. You're the retard here.

The Lagos/Kaduna rail, the Addis light rail, the Kenya SGR etc... are all for commuters. And not simply for 'cargo'.

Attached: Add.jpg (922x691, 156K)

Bullshit map. 90% of these roads are only projects and never finished. The norte-sul is over 40 years in construction and never operated. the Centro oeste region also has no railroad even having the biggest farms in the country. Thats why truckers can hold the government by the leash at any time.

Seriously, if you put all the rail road and metro lines of Brazil together, is still less than any metro structure of average European capital.

You're both right.
>breed meek
>fuck meek
>???
>profit!

never, africa is missing
>products that sell well, they instead buy western shit
>unity, they are ethnically not the same ppl, no sympathy for one another, there will be always one to sell out for personal gains
>no cohesion and cooperation between eachother

they have resources, so they be a modern colony or assembly hangar for corporations, but they will never ever catch up

in fact, nobody ever will catch up with the first world, because the first world will prevent them from it because theyd lose money on such a thing

I'm pretty sure the chinese designed, built and implemented all of this

>how long will it take for African countries to catch up to the developed world?
As long as it takes for them to embrace free market capitalism
>Who do you think will make it first?
Rwanda

Attached: 1554323308429.jpg (2047x3482, 1.04M)

This, the only good answer in the whole thread.

1. It would only really be useful in certain specific corridors in the most urban parts of new england and the west coast. It's always hard to explain to europeans how low the population density is in much of this country. There are huge swaths of land that are nearly Siberia-tier in terms of the spread of people. Pic related. Keep in mind that Texas alone is comparable to much of continental Europe. The cost of infrastructure would be several times higher than a comparable system in France simply by virtue of the number of kilometers of track you'd need to lay for each potential customer. Here you can go hours and hours by car in between major cities.

2. Rail being "high speed" is far less relevant due to the size of the country. Anything beyond neighboring-state trips would still be notably faster to do by a regional jet. And if there's on thing the average american doesn't have when it comes to travel, it's patience. Anyone who could reasonably afford to would just pay the difference between a train and plane ticket.

Forgot pic, of course.

Attached: 2016-north-america-usa.jpg (985x630, 72K)

It's French.

You have countries like Japan, Turkey, Brazil, Portugal and the U.S building infrastructure in Africa now. It's not just China anymore.

Russia is also looking to increasing co-operation with the continent now (not talking about C.A.R here) as well. This will benefit Africa in the long term. The infrastructure deficit is huge. They need this shit to be built in order to develop.

> because the first world will prevent them from it because theyd lose money on such a thing
Not true. Third worlders developing means more people that can afford to buy first world products. It also means a greater chance of useful technology and medicine being invented.

>Geographic Location
>Large, rapidly growing population
>Natural resources
>Consumer market potential

Africa matters a lot more then South America.

>first world products
exactly, to become first world and to afford the benefits of it you need to be the producer of those goods