To all the engineers out there, how did you find your first job?

To all the engineers out there, how did you find your first job?

Attached: 1525670432464.jpg (750x931, 71K)

Career fair

fucked the girl who interviews me joking I'm virgin

gave a fat girl a rimjob in front of her dad
he's my boss now

for the truth I just talked about my interest in blockchain, crypto and how I learn programming, my personal project and I got their attention with crypto kek and if they ask did you invest tell them that you invest in 2016

This

i applied to a job and got it
only ever applied to the one job and im still working it after 12 years
its pretty comfy but i would prefer being a neet if i could

Attached: 1522689727664.jpg (1500x1200, 1.98M)

I didn't.

Attached: 1532558116667.png (630x628, 1.51M)

How much LINK to have a girl like her?

>walk in the office
>shake hand of CEO
>get job

This really happened btw

What did you do there? Were you a student at the time? Did you have to go with a suit and tie, or simply a button down and slacks?
Nice. Are you both still with your companies?
feelsbadman.tiff
How, uh, old are you?

yes, still got my same old desk too
i found the job by browsing the company's website where they list open positions
they were asking for 3-5 years of experience if i remember correctly and i had never worked a day in my life before that
job's embedded systems software engineer in automotive so i read thousands of pages of reference manuals and write code that makes the systems work, and also i do some safety-critical software implementations on a higher level (still below application level though)
i really like it because not once have i ever feared losing my job, i can take 1-2 hour long lunch breaks, no pressure from up high, i just do the thing at the phase i feel comfortable at

Attached: 1522756081863.png (712x937, 876K)

I-I think the engineering job market has changed a lot in the last 12 years...

Attached: 1532559523224.jpg (480x602, 66K)

I was friends with one of the professors and he helped me. In short, contacts and references.

maybe, im not a usfag though, im in one of the nordic countries, might be different over here but i dont know
i remember doing your masters thesis at a company was basically a guarantee for employment at that company unless you absolutely shat yourself during
probably still is but i dont know

Attached: 1522561070784.jpg (1447x2048, 311K)

State licensed electrical engineer here.

Started IBEW electrical apprenticeship at 22.
>5 year apprenticeship (equivalent to a masters degree)
>8 years as a journeyman, 5 as a foreman.
>took college classes over the years, finally took a year off to finish a bachelers in electrical engineering
>immediately hired by local engineering firm, did not interview
>turned down the job, I make more as a journeyman and have much better pension. Working in the field is so much better than being at a desk.

Point of the story. Engineers are worthless fucks and engineering firms are desperate for people with real experience.

Jow Forums is this way. Leave.

Literally just applied and got into interview then they accepted me.

didt long term neet near 20 years stem was a lie...also i worked my ass off high grades. the only pay off was i kinda understood crypto implications when a few years back.

Looked up all the trainee positions

Told interviewing boss I know his children and used to get the bus with them. He asked them about me, they said I'm nice and I was hired.

Volunteer work staking manholes in a community project.

Oh wait, sorry that was your mom.

By beeing a competent white man.
Which is not the easiest way nowadays...
Incompetent woman get jobs much easily.

Same. Its been almost ten years since and i just work in a lowskill job that i find quite comfy. Have long since stopped bothered to apply for something else and i suppose the degree has 'expired' by now and will have to start over again and learn sonething else to get a better job.

just do a lot of interviews and don't be too picky on the first job you land, as long as it's somewhat "engineering" related
it gets easier the more decent jobs you had, qt recruiters are literally sucking dicks for good engineering profiles

>walk in the office
>shake hand of CEO
>get job
>This really happened btw

Get a load of this boomer. All you need, son, is to look him in the eyes with a firm handshake.

Attached: heather-michele-orourke_214479_51.jpg (372x559, 42K)

Linkedin

>saw a job posting
>applied
>managers fought each others to get me
>they offered me 3 different jobs
>picked the best on paper

> Friend asked if I wanted to apply to the same company he was working
> Sent resumé
> Talked to CEO
> Got job

>got hired by a company as soon as I got my masters degree
>work 3 years there (2013-2016)
>boss hires some fresh graduate son of a friend of his to be my manager
>got butthurt and left to company to open an unrelated business

>Big multinational
>Apply for a job in the next state over
>Get a phone call
>"Hi user, we saw you applied for a job in [state] but live in [state], did you know about our site in [one city over, 2hrs down the road]?"
>"No, what do you do there?"
>We roll straight into a phone interview
>I get the job 8 months before finishing uni
>End up starting the new job 3 weeks after my last exam
Sometimes it's just luck.

I've been NEET for 6 years but I'm probably smarter than all of you.

>lurked linkedin
>found this job
>prepared a nice and clean Europass ﬦﬣﬡﬧ CV
>got a skype call
>a technical test
>a meeting with technical lead
>a meeting with manager
>an attitude-psychology test
>a contract to sign
>a desk

college alumni network, interview was a formality

what company or country? scandi uni student here

> NEET
> smarter than engineers

You really are a retarded autistic sperg huh. Do the world a favor and KILL YOURSELF you useless piece of worthless shit.

>PhD in applied math
>have experience with solid mechanics and FEA, so engineering is the obvious path for me
>most jobs looking for actual engineers who have studied all sorts of stuff I've never even heard of it
only started my job search recently, so we'll see how it goes, not really super optimistic though

Engineering has very little to do with math. Most of engineering isn't even explicitly technical, it's more about project management. You might be able to get a job as a CAD technician though.

Can you tell me more about engineering? What's it like?

the big one in sweden, not saying which subsidiary but i hear that pretty much all of them are really really comfy to work at
that guy doesnt know what he's talking about
math is essential in most engineering, not high-level math but you should definitely know vector algebra, series, integrals, and derivatives decently well

Attached: 1522693450207.jpg (621x891, 81K)

Yeah, most of the jobs I've been looking at are like "Simulation Engineer" or "R&D engineer" (not that I'm qualified for most of these), not really the typical engineering jobs. Been looking at some math-oriented non-engineering jobs as well, though I'd like to get a job where I can apply more of the skills I've acquired.

Sitting at a desk making spreadsheets and writing reports. It's hard to explain, but it's actually really good.

Obviously you need to understand it, but you're not sitting there with a pen and paper actually calculating derivatives like in high school.

I'm in R&D, there's quite a bit of variation depending on the company. You're probably pretty well suited to it as a PhD, but make sure you have good business sense and don't go around like a guy i know who spent three months writing a mostly-unimportant report that ended up costing $500,000.

This is pretty accurate for most engineering jobs I have done. Even in the more technical positions you're in you will still need to write reports and make presentations explaining what you're doing to management. In technical positions typically you'll either use mathcad or write your own program to make calculations so you can modify it for similar situations.

For the most part engineering jobs are pretty easy with some fun challenges.

Had 3 internships before graduation. Got my connection to my first job after graduation from my third internship. I applied. Interviews. Got the job. I look at electrical circuit maps, do some field work, joke around the office with the coworkers, talk about investments. Meetings like 3 times a week. Leave early on fridays. People are chill. And you get respect from the older people in the office because you’re an engineer. Life’s good. Making more than most boomers at 24. Ayy lmao

Attached: 444B284F-ED34-431E-A42D-87EF0EB01F17.jpg (480x360, 35K)

>you will never have a gf like that because you arent chad

Attached: pp7.png (549x413, 102K)

University job site

Thanks. I don't think I really understand still what my job one day will be. I had imagined specially constructed software for modelling different things, lots of papers with long calculations and visiting production plants with a yellow hardhat and whatnot. I guess it maybe depends on what kind of engineer you are. Or maybe I'm just delusional.

A friend and I ended up hating it. Went into renting property and I’m about to start another business. Use your engineering degree to start something for yourself. Companies will work you to the bone for peanuts.

Imagine living life on this degree of easy mode.

I gobbled a phallus to get my engineer job. Gotta do what you gotta do. Actually didnt mind it

Applied to an internship thru school job center then worked there after college

Landed an internship via a job fair and worked my ass off to get a full time offer. Worked hard the first 2 years to become 'the guy' at work, and have worked 15 minutes a day + 7.75 hours of fucking around a day since.

Initial perceptions are everything - and people are easy to play

>business and finance

i havent really heard anything about those things happening in the industry at all, you'd be looking at academia then
probably there are some collaborations between big business and universities where you can do 50/50 research and work

word. i've learned investing but haven't a clue on how to start a business

Don't you want to progress?
Time will tell I guess

dat face need a nigga dicc 4 real

Visiting sites with a Phd? Probably not unless you really want to take a stiff pay cut. Field engineers can make quite a bit, but you won't be able to apply your education towards field work.

If you do have a Phd in math/physics and a specialty in FEA you can easily get an engineering job doing that type of work making decent money.

The less you know the smarter you think you are.

I applied for 30+ jobs online and never heard from any of them. I dropped off my resume at two places in my hometown and was asked to do interviews for both of them. I sortve played up the "wrench turning hometown boy" persona. I've worked in the oilfield around my city as well so I had some hands on experience.

Recruiter!

No joke. I graduated with dual degrees and after 5 years in school, in May of 2017 and spent all summer driving between states to fuck my gf and apply for jobs nonstop. Literally nothing came of it, I honestly think there’s almost no point applying to job listings online unless you’re some sort of god with experience/clubs/important projects and it shows on your resume.

But it wasn’t until I finally gave an aerotek recruiter the time of day that I landed my first job. I had a bunch bugging me and didn’t care about any of them, probably because they didn’t care about me either, they just wanted to shove me into whatever somewhat-relevant role they had as quick as possible and collect their commission.

Anyway the job was ok, I was an electronics technician at a Boeing subsidiary, but the problem was since I discovered crypto over that summer (2017), all I did constantly was think about shitcoins and sneak peaks at charts on my phone at work, which got me in trouble a lot.

So finally in April I quit and just decided I’d figure something else the fuck out. And well I moved to a new city with my gf and am looking at wagekek jobs now.....but other than that I’m EXTREMELY glad I quit. Planning on starting a crypto consulting business soon since I’m a bad trader.

By waking up bright and early, putting on a suit, shoveling some coffee down my throat, and pounding that pavement every day and talking to every manager at every company in my city. I walked right into every single building and asked to speak to the manager or owner, I gave him a firm handshake and looked right in his eyes, and said, "Sir, I would like a job." I got hired on the spot at every single place. Now I work 248 hours a week, and it's tough, but I know life isn't fair and life is what you make of it!

Thanks for the boomer LARP posting.

Attached: 1531062057863.jpg (500x540, 40K)