Boss tells me in this industry no one leaves at 5pm and that for my career I should take note

>boss tells me in this industry no one leaves at 5pm and that for my career I should take note
heh

Attached: nicetrykiddo.jpg (141x115, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oD2gXY4piF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do they leave at 4pm?

Tell him to swallow your CUM next time

>FREE dinner and beers!
>served at 7:00pm
>make sure you stay for it!

Jew'd

>i know you are finished but leaving at 5 provides bad optics to upper management

Attached: 1457508566903[1].jpg (386x661, 89K)

This shit makes me rage

>"No thanks boss I don't want to drink the liquid jew and have bitchtits like the rest of you
>*leaves at 5*

Attached: 1499625191061.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Ok see you tomorrow at 11 am.

We short timers leave early everyday. It's okay...I get plenty done.
No way I put up with regularly expected overtime bullshit.

Everyday I arrive at :59 and I leave at :01
nothing more
nothing less

youtube.com/watch?v=oD2gXY4piF4

You think telling a long painful story will help me get a shit job?
>Ah dude, I'm on hard times right now, man. My girlfriend's on these pills bro, she hurt her leg dude, and I'm keeping a roof over her senile aunt's head

Attached: 1530427606430.jpg (300x241, 13K)

>work hard for company
>get 40 hours of overtime in a month for 4 months
>get 2 extra projects done
>far ahead of my peers in knowledge and work ethic
>boss always tells me what a good job I'm doing
>comments on the amount and quality of work I put in
>time for yearly review
>awww yis, definitely going to get a raise and a promotion this year
>"user, you exceeded all your targets this year!"
>"but I know you can do better"
>"try harder next year and I'm sure you'll get a promotion to the next level"
>standard 2% raise, which is minimum at my company, even if you're a fuck up
Ever since then I put in my 8 hours every day and no more. Don't care if people come to me with emergencies or whatever; at 4:00 I punch out.

>"user, you exceeded all your targets this year!"
>"but I know you can do better"
>"try harder next year and I'm sure you'll get a promotion to the next level"

this shit makes me upset

>Sorry Bob. You don't need to come tomorrow. You are fired.

This depends on your companies size, but as they get bigger HR departments become more apt at dangling the carrot to make you stay there, but not giving you what you really deserve.

At my old company, they would have prevent promotions to certain levels and raises to certain levels until you had a specific number of years of experience. Instead they'd send you to this bullshit 'special leadership training' to try to appease you and keep you dangling a bit longer until they're forced to pay you more.

Should have made your case boldly or started looking for a new job.

I hope you are already searching for another company. Headhunters should be already lurking for you. Get your social profils up and running... LinkedIn and all that bullshit.

Once you have some good opportunities go up to your boss and give hin a Deadline...either promotion or Bye Bye

Only ever work hard if your boss is around.

>tfw show up late and leave early
Feels good not having a boss who'd monitor my hours every day since my work's high quality and always done early.

>boss asks me how much overtime hours I made during the month
>"wow, remind me how much we pay you for one hour?"
>"9.70€"
>"You got it big.. damn"

fuck

Attached: 924A3ACD-CE4F-40F0-A5DB-1DCAE0EC2647.jpg (186x271, 10K)

REEEEE

>Have my 90 day probation review soon. Expecting something exactly like this. Been busting my ass for 3 months.

>paid a salary
>no overtime pay
>contracted for 40 a week
>in reality do 50-60

Kill me

>All in contracts
You got rekt, why would you ever sign such a shit?

as if we have a choice in this filthy economy.

WHATS BEST IS WHEN THE ONES THAT SPEND HOURS EVERY DAY WASTING TIME AND NOT DOING SHIT GET THE BONUS

THATS THE BEST RIGHT THERE
HEHEHEAHHAHAHAHA

Did you negotiate at all??? Did you have any leverage? That was their opening offer.

I’ve worked for the same company for 8 years. Every year I get initially offered 2-3%. Every year I get 10-15% because I’m a valued employee they can’t lose. I tell them what I’m worth, show them the market rates with competing offers, and make them match. I explain the lost productivity while it takes my replacement 6-9 months to ramp up after I leave, and I time the discussion for after we have recently lost 2-3 other people in a short period to competitors so it will be especially painful if I leave.

I’ve gone from $100k to $240k with bonuses over the 8 years with multiple promotions.

It also helps to actually interact with your coworkers. If you act like a socially awkward beta they know they can push you around in negotiations.

this guy gets it. i'm in the same boat with the same pay, but unfortunately i'm hitting the top of my pay range unless i want to manage people, and i don't.

There's literally one dude at my work that won't eat any food the management buys for the workers. They buy pizza every Friday. Doesn't eat it. "I aint eatin the man's pizza, I'll buy my own".

One time he was eating something he thought a fellow worker brought but then learned one of the supervisors had brought it, stopped immediately and threw it right in the trash fork and all.

I love it but I have no self discipline and could never turn down free pizza. You can't eat it near this guy either, he'll give you dirty looks, cause he knows you know.

Arrange some interviews to coincide with the yearly review. If you don't get what you want negotiate for more or leave.

Stop complaining.

Attached: 785672522.jpg (800x800, 89K)

Also

Attached: 757362.jpg (862x645, 91K)

dont cut his brake lines

>fired
Hmmmm strange. Well my contract says is for undetemined time. I hope you have a good reason to fire me. Well lets look for a new place and cash in the fine for firing me without reason

He sounds awesome

Attached: 1528086626736.jpg (334x334, 88K)

>fuck around practically the whole year
>actively alienate customers and bad mouth our own products
>"here's a 10% raise and a 40K stock bonus"
Top kek. It's not the first time either. I keep fucking around and they keep showering me with more money, all while the company is performing layoffs.

i love reading through threads where anons reveal they learned the hard way

even when i was a young boy i wasn't naive enough to give a single fuck about my boss or workplace. 'boss = master worker = slave' my red pilled dad told me. 'take them fore everything they've got' he said when i got my first pizza job at 13. i stole over 3 grand from that place in 12 months.

company work is warfare and in warfare its the peasants that do the leg work. its allways the laziest cunts that are close to management that end up getting the promotions. FUCK wagecuckery. i have no respect towards anyone that doesnt hold wagecuckery in absolute contempt.

Dude sounds real as hell follow his example man

Attached: 1530221119458.jpg (465x744, 111K)

autism

>come in whenever i want
>leave whenever i want
>as long as i'm there during the day and get my work done, they don't care

find a better company faggots

>boomer ideals
>boomer camera
>the cold dead sunken eyes of a man whos dreams have been discarded

checks out

This is exactly why I'm a big believer in only putting in 40 hours a week. Work your ass off but no more than 40 hrs because at that point, your getting taken advantage of.

user to boss

>okay

Jesus you faggots are all low T betas. I come and leave when I want, got promoted to manager 4 years out of college, and get a raise whenever I ask for it ($8/hr raise every 2 years) because I know I'm worth it. If you're not getting promoted or getting raises it's because you're a pushover or expendable. Maybe no one looks up to you or your IQ is too low or you aren't the guy your boss wants to interact with so he keeps you further down. Faggots

Attached: OkayGuy.jpg (1705x959, 83K)

Fridays my boss lets us knock of early and its generally like that amongst tradies

>Trading time/attention for freshly printed irredeemable promises to pay

>I know what I'm worth!

I didn't negotiate, but I did make my case as to why I should be a level 3 with all the over time and extra projects that I did. I got a 2 year project done in about 8 months, and that wasn't even my main goal. The response was "keep at it, try harder next year." So my response is to put in the minimum as to not get fired.

why don't you just quit? You're obviously talented enough to go somewhere you aren't treated like a slave

I know people here will hate me for saying this, but I like my company culture. The benefits and time off that they offer is amazing. The work/life balance is really good if you're not being baited into actually trying to progress quickly. Talking to two of my coworkers it appears that promotions are more based on time in the industry or time in the company. So I put in my 40 every week and don't do a damn thing extra.

Also, I suspect this is the way most people are treated at other large companies like the one I work for. It's still better than the last company that I worked for.

>be contractor
>work hard, do same job other engineers do
>clearing 1.5X the work others are despite only working a 40 hour week (contract based)
>want full time internal position
>tell boss this
>sorry user, we're on a hiring freeze
>but I do the same job as everyone else, when does the contract end?
>never
>realize this company is abusing contractor definition to save shit loads of money on engineering labor
>start job searching
>find company I'm currently working for
It's basically the same everywhere. Companies are almost all scum fucks. The days of "work hard, get rewarded" are long dead in America. Now it's "work somewhere for a while then jump ship to another company for a 20% raise."

You've worked at two companies in what sounds like Silicon Valley. Why don't you work somewhere smaller where you know the owner, the boss, etc. on a personal level? You've given up and you've been cucked

>the boomer jew that told everybody to vote for Hillary so that he could sell his shit making biz to CNN.
>the jew that made it on his "own" but got his first video job through "connections"

joke's on you, I'm a NEET.
In fact, I have been for the past 14 years.
Only thing I have to put up with is my (literally) boomer dad waking me up (just like the meme) at 10am and asking me to do the dishes or some other stupid shit.

That's literally all.
I'm 31 and my mom still cooks all my meals.

are you saying to cut his break line? ;)

you had potential and you failed

>you had potential

STOP SAYING THIS MEANINGLESS GARBAGE
I have heard this trash talk all of my life. If I did, in fact, had potential, then how come I ended up as an autist playing for honor 11 hours a day every fucking day?

Don't tell me I had potential.

>Silicon Valley
Nope, wrong industry. Also, I have worked for a smaller engineering firm in an internship and that leads me to another story.

>friend asks if I want internship during school since only doing 3 classes
>sure why not?
>small plumbing, electrical, HVAC company
>wanted to see what the industry had to offer
>pay was garbage $11/hr, but I wanted some more experience (already had 2 internships prior to this)
>owner is an absentee fuck up, with another engineer trying to manage the company who was also a fuck up
>no deadlines are actually written down
>every other week people were working 12 hour days to get drawings out
>still late on lots of deliverables
>offer me a job
>turned it down because the owner refused to give contract due dates to us so we could organize work (I'm not kidding)
>buddy still worked there
>they announce they're laying off all the engineers
>company gets fucked by Trump and they can't import the h1b visa holders anymore
>uhh, you guys aren't fired anymore, but you have to remotely train Pajeet
>buddy starts looking for another job
>last month finally lay off most of the engineering and have drawings and engineering done remotely by Pajeet

Yeah, so hurrah small business right? All companies aren't scum fucks at all. Also, have another story about the last job I worked which I will post after this because character limit.

>Only work 2 of the 8 hours per day.
>Go multiple times to the toilet
>Still praised for my work ethics.

Attached: 1ewdzs.jpg (399x385, 37K)

Everyone has potential. People with downs syndrome and other major disabilities can hold down a job, but not you? You suck, rethink your life before its over.

Congrats on wasting your life

fuck off retard, why is a job needed?

Story 2

>last job (contracting)
>"here at large global conglomerate we are striving to innovate and bring our customer the most competitive prices"
>"we plan to have engineering staff in India in a 1:1 capacity to our offices in [these two first world countries]"
So they are currently hiring and training Pajeets in India in at least 1:1 ratio of engineers throughout their other offices. Makes me think what they plan on eventually doing...

because you chose to play video games for 11 hours a day instead of confronting your fears and learning how to interact with people or be self reliant. You should be thrown into a wood chipper

"I worked for an idiot therefore I'm going to stay at a job where I don't get promoted"

Maybe you're too dumb to deserve a promotion. Your boss shittested you and you just said Okay

>Provide income to your overly generous family, whom you have leached off.
>Provides a self satisfaction and sense of worth/purpose.
>Gets you off this board, shitting up employee discussion threads.
>Fuck you, you're 10 years my senior and still infantile. You should be more ashamed than you are.

As a software engineering office cuck who has experienced many working environments let me give you a hint OP - if your boss tells you things like these its a bad place for your career already.

Attached: 1529371150101.jpg (407x610, 113K)

based

I've found my döppelganger

You are going to kill yourself 1 month after your last parent dies or you get kicked out of the house, whichever comes first.

>it's your own fault that every company treats you like garbage!
Ok grandpa. Maybe I just have to look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake? Maybe that will bring back pensions too?

>tfw I'm such an efficient worker that I can get my week's worth of work done in 36 hours so I only work a 4 hour shift on Fridays, bosses are okay with it because I'm the best worker in the office
>salaried so still get paid the equivalent of 40 hours

Feels good man.

THIS. Go somewhere where you work hard until the boss wants to meet YOUR demands to keep you happy and in their office.

wew lad, its never too late to turn things around....

Absolutely this

Your life is not your job

what jobs allow you to do this, im literally begging you to tell me

autism

retarded autist

research is pretty comfy

>work from home
>actually work takes maybe 2 hours a day
>sometimes go to comfy cafe or the park and work
>spend the rest of the day shitposting and masturbating to chinese girl cartoons
>110k/yr

The logic astounds me.

>Won't eat pizza bought for him by management
>>Works for the company making/ doing things for them
>>> Is paid by them. Ergo the Company pays for his food

what job?

>inb4 SaaS

>They buy pizza every Friday. Doesn't eat it.
Gluten...

Wife works back of house in a company as an asset buyer. as long as she processes company orders/responds to vendors within 24 hours they don't care. She goes in whenever she feels like it and works from home 3 days a week. it doesn't pay the best but the Benefits she gets plus the vacation time 2 weeks + xmas-new years isnt bad.

bitcoin miner

>Be me 5 years ago
>Wagecuck IT job sys admin/customer support
>CEO decides I should lead project to overhaul client management software for company and implement all new workflow office wide... In 3 months.
>1 month into project CMS database shits itself and can't be repaired without dataloss (previous IT were fuckups and didn't back up ever)
>Shotgun new CMS software and shoe horn it in with help of consultant in 2 weeks.
>Company doesn't lose any data, no downtime, and workflow proceeds with new procedures.
>1 month later phone system takes a shit
>Shotgun phone system deployment in 2 weeks.
>New system integrates with email and CMS software.
>Again no downtime, and improve efficiancy and manageability because system was so old.
>Review time in December.
>user you're review was really bad at first because you seemed like you were stressed the last 6 months. But then we realized you did a lot so we're giving you a .15/hr cent raise. This will increase you to 30k a year.
>Tell them I want 40k a year
>Why user? We've never had anyone ask for a raise before! We pride ourselves in giving what we feel are honest reviews and compensation.
>List myriad reasons, including increased responsibility and average payscale in area for a data base admin.
>Stare CEO at CEO unblinkingly
>He blinks
>Get my 40k/year for managing an entire business technology...
>Immeditaely begin looking for another job.

Dude!!! This is a major problem In today's workforce. People don't ask for what they think they're worth. An important lesson user, no one is going to give you money unless you go out and claim/demand/make it. Go back in there with a list of reasons and numbers and p, politely mind you, ask for more money. You're owed it, and they know it. If they refuse? New job, no two weeks notice, that's a fucking courtesy not a requirement.

this is me right now but im at 36 fuck my life

at least at this point its all automated and any issues I can solve remotely from my home while in my underwear sipping sips and trying to catch these moon missions

Interesting job, how does one even get into that field?

>get here around 10 after 8am
>sneak out anywhere from 4 to 4:30pm
>always act like I'm drenched with work

I'm not going to allow myself to be cucked too badly even though I'm salaried now

Honestly she fell into it. Degree is in English, her first job after college was doing pt data entry/ processing new subscribers. at a small magazine, and when they downsized they added in buying outside materials to supply the printers into her job responsibilities. She did that for exactly one year to resume build and got her current job.

a lot of engineering jobs are more flexible with hours

>glorified bill collector
>work 45 hour weeks
>make the company hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly
>46k salary

sigh

This, guy's just cucking himself out of a small job perk and acting like a retard.

>tfw previous job required you to bring a doctors note every time you had a sick day

I had a normal amount of sick days in the 5 years I spent there but never ever brought a note

>java dev
>salaried, come to the office 10:15AM, leave at 4PM
>do work that amounts to a workload of 4 other people every week
>$116k/yr
>middle state in US

kek

you are a good man, don't mind what anyone says about ya.

this
self-employed gang checking in

How did you pull that off? Just steal from petty cash or give yourself free pizzas? Good work regardless.

best advice on biz ive seen in a while. To bad I work for myself and still don't make shit till im down with engineering school.

Similar situation

>Got promoted in January
>”We only do the budget once a year, you’ll have to wait until July for your raise”
>Work my ass off all year to maximize upcoming raise
>Take on tons of additional works with the indication that it will add to raise
>Receive performance review, high praise from all bosses. 95/100
>Receive raise
>$5000
>Literally amounts to an extra $65 a week
>”Sorry user, the budget was tight this year. We’ll get you next year”
>Looking for jobs now

If $5000 sounds like a lot, that’s the same raise I got last year before the promotion and doing half as much work.

Still more than I got, but yeah don't fall for the "we'll get you next year" bull shit. Father-in-law worked for a company that did that for 3 years before he left it. Found out he was getting massively under paid.