What's the verdict? Is it a net positive or negative to the USA?

What's the verdict? Is it a net positive or negative to the USA?

Attached: california_simple.gif (1412x1063, 270K)

net positive

>biggest economy
>massive tech industry
>it's where all the films (culture) are made
You tell me.

Economically postive
Culturally negative

Net positive if you look at gdp
Gross negative if you include the people it spawns
we should just make it impossible for califags to move out of thier state and it would have a problem with them

why do you think america is a cultureless hellscape outside of California and Jew York?

Foreigners have no understanding of the US
It's so pitiful how you all pretend to know everything about this country but in reality know so little.

That being said Cali is fine.
They constantly in the news for cucking the feds. But that's a hobby of all states

I'm not sure, but it's pretty much on the very top of places I want nuked.

because it is

Attached: 1529787234541.jpg (319x462, 68K)

literally what is wrong with anything i wrote

>money
positive
>people
negative
applies to all of the west coast though

>biggest economy
Only for a soul state. But no state is self-sufficient so saying this is pointless.

>massive tech industry
Same as the first

>it's where all the films (culture) are made
Absolutely wrong, majority of US culture is actually from music and literature. Hollywood is only what foreigners associate American culture with

The cancer killing the nation. The sooner they split the better. That, or the wildfires and earthquakes and hispanic gang violence accelerates in intensity and pace.

Attached: 1523776856006.jpg (420x420, 15K)

It's not.
I live in Washington, Seattle is home of many music genres and massive companies like Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon. Nirvana is from here, foo fighters, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, pearl jam, jimi Hendrix, Sir mix-a-lot, etc.

Everything you people hate about us comes from there you know.

>Hollywood is only what foreigners associate American culture with
which is why i mentioned films

do you also think London is the only culture in the UK

The best state in the union.
Only meme fedoras like Jow Forumsredditors hate them.

Overwhelming net positive even if it gives deluded flyovers anal palpitations.

lol

Nice try
All of the negative stereotypes are from the South

everyone thinks California is a pretty chill place except boomers and Jow Forums babbys

what

you're not making any sense

(you)
You think you're better than us don't you?

flyovers and the south

I live there. I am gay BTW

How do i get a cali gf?

Attached: 1521591983832.jpg (1080x1350, 1.53M)

yes

Yeah
What are you gonna do? Rebel? Lol.

It's literally the best, most relevant state. Of course it's net positive.

yes

opinion discarded

Irrlevant

Positive whiteboys are just jealous

All the negatives come from Dixie

Positive obviously
>5th biggest economy in the world

right its where the blacks are

Ignore the flyover mutt, we produce the only culture relevant to the western half of the country

WE

not true user

Net positive. Just wish they weren't such libtards.

If you couldn't tell, the Californian species is very insecure. It feels too big for the U.S., but still suffers from performance anxiety on the global stage.
>"muh movies"
>"muh culture"
>"muh economy"
These are utterances you will commonly hear come out of one's mouth. Less common, although more true:
>"the relevant areas of my state are entirely pavement with a thick smog above"
>"my state is literally on fire 24/7"
>"we have a gang violence and drug epidemic"
>"we import all of our water from surrounding states"
Mention these, and the Californian will rage, impotently.

Attached: 1521748791050.jpg (500x491, 32K)

It's economically really important and it's where our tech industry is focused. It's also where the biggest TV and movie producers are, and much of the country's fruits and vegetables (and probably most of our wine) come from its valleys, orchards, and fields. There's a lot of social problems there though, like inequality, high costs of living, and homelessness.

There's culture outside of California and NY, especially if you look at vernacular cultural forms like music.

what do you mean smog? all the smog gets blown inland to the central valley. wildfire season only happens in the late fall and mostly affects rural areas in the mountain forests. California has not had a significant problem with gangs or drugs since the 90s. In fact the states with drug problems are all the rust belt states with heavy opiod use and the states with gang problems are the southern states with majority black cities. the water import thing is false. we get most of our water from groundwater. but off course you saw some you tube videos and clicked on some Jow Forums threads and know everything about california. More than the actual people that live there.

From what I've seen, having read a lot and been to the South, Midwest, California, and Northeast, the negative traits of the US show up in basically every region, but it's true that certain quality of life indicators like obesity, overall poverty, and some diseases are more serious in the Southeast.

>states with gang problems are the southern states with majority black cities
The important factors are paths of drug traffickers, urban decay, and idle young men who didn't have a stable family growing up.

Its a positive when it works as a containment state for Californians, its a huge negative when it fails and the Californians come pouring into other states.

Very positive. Good economy and agriculture.

California generates a disproportionate amount of the US economy and takes in the weird misfit wannabe liberal scum from all the flyover states so the redstates don't have to deal with them. They should thank us for doing that. All the worse most cringey ultra lefty people I know here in LA are originally transplants from out of state who were too weird to fit in in their home states so move here where it's more "tolerant" and diverse and go overboard with their insufferable rad-left ideologies.They're unfortunately literally like 1/3rd of the state. California natives act pretty similar to people from the Pacific Northwest IRL.

Attached: Los_Angeles_Wagner_Flag.jpg (814x407, 69K)

>hispanic gang violence accelerates in intensity and pace.

Most violence here comes from White tweakers in rural areas and ghetto blacks in cities. Hispanic crime is more prevalent in rural Texas. Mexicans here mostly commit white collar crimes like tax evasion.

Why is the most economically successful state also the most expensive state to live in with the highest income gap?

I'm not sure what's worse. Being poor in California, or being poor in Alabama.

Attached: 1505014259640.jpg (904x785, 102K)

so you agree it's a net positive? all those issues only affect califogna itself

Too white to be Californian native. Must be tourists

It’s the fifth largest economy in the world, so benefit.

Who the fuck goes to Kalamazoo?

>Why is the most economically successful state also the most expensive state to live in with the highest income gap?

Housing costs are the highest in the nation and there are literally not enough affordable homes in the state, due to big developers prospecting on luxury housing. There is an excess of high end housing but with up to a 20% vacancy rate.

I have a solidly middle class job and after paying disgustingly inflated near $2000 per month rent rent was constantly struggling in Los Angeles. I'm now building a house on my grandparents property in North Eastern Los Angeles property and am only paying $550 per month for some years for the construction loan. That's closer to the national average for housing costs. I now have a bunch of money left over after each paycheck.

It's failure of the market to adjust to actual market conditions because developers don't want to build cheaper, less profitable small homes. It's that simple.

Attached: los_angeles_view_from_east_LA_boyle_&_1st.jpg (1000x667, 127K)

CA is like 35%~40% White still.

Attached: sophie arvebrink.jpg (612x612, 73K)

LMAO

>Absolutely wrong, majority of US culture is actually from music and literature. Hollywood is only what foreigners associate American culture with
I'm American and films are just as important. Star Wars and Disney movies, for example.

I've spent significant time in California.

San Fransisco is a beautiful city full of culture and things to see, and the areas around it are good as well, the weather is nice, the hills are comfy and the people are chill.

Yosemite national park is amazing.

Fresno is a pretty shit place though, very little culture, lots of poverty, shaped in a grid so the only landmarks are the fast food restaurants.
The only good part about my time in Fresno was enjoying a bit of Mexican culture in the poorer areas.

I'm told most US cities are like Fresno apart from those on the east coast and some of the deep south.

Somehow never made it to LA so I can't comment.

So I would say it is definitely a positive overall.

hispanic crime is mostly from gang activity and them shooting each other up.

>I'm told most US cities are like Fresno
Most of the cities in the middle of the country and the deep south are like Fresno but with more Whites and Blacks.

Northern California is pretty cool. The south is a whole different vibe. Even the accents are different.

>California natives act pretty similar to people from the Pacific Northwest IRL.
What do you mean?

Most Hispanic crime here is tax fraud, drunk driving and auto theft.

I think it's weird how people can't differentiate between Spics and Nigs.

Gang crime has been dying since the 90s nationwide