Sorrow of lost youth

How was your youth/teens Jow Forums?

I wasted mine. I was too shy to talk to people, too ugly for people to approach me, and too retarded to realize I was missing out on anything. I just existed, daydreaming of a better future, not realizing I had to actually do something for that future to come true. No friends, no girlfriends, no flirting, no drinking, no adventure or exploring of any kind, just school and video games. A day in the average teenager's life today is probably more eventful than my entire teenage years combined.

Is it even possible to get over the sorrow of losing out on the best years in one's life?

Attached: 1445006377816.jpg (530x444, 67K)

>Is it even possible to get over the sorrow of losing out on the best years in one's life?
meme answer, no xD

true answer, you just gotta learn to accept it and move on. Don't let that singe period in life affect you as a whole, You have a long life ahead of you, and there are many more memories to be made, savor your life, don't waste it on grasping for the past.

Attached: 1552989781135.gif (273x322, 671K)

I guess you're right, the feeling just gets a hold of me sometimes and I don't know how to deal with it. Every spring Norwegian high schoolers celebrate the end of 13 years of school, often very publicly, and seeing all the young people have fun just reminds me of what I missed out on. It's not like my twenties so far has been fucking marvellous either.

Leave them be and you do you, lad
Don't feel down about it, you just need to do something else to get it out of your mind

I did the same thing, the worst thing you can do is to ruminate on it. In the end it doesn't matter.

Wasted it on games.
Hated school. Never liked academics. Mistakenly went to college because I got a scholarship. Hated college. Met some cool people, did some fun things, but I lost touch with everyone. Played more games. Missed chances with women.
Now I am hoping to die before the suffering of being completely alone comes for me.

>lived in an abusive household
>moved out ASAP when I graduated hs
>everything afterwards no matter how boring, hurtful or shitty has been much better in comparison
I know for a fact I'll always be catching up to normal people, but it doesn't matter because I never thought I could be where am at to begin with; and that's why every little moment and victory feel so huge.
>held hands romantically with a girl for the first time at 21
>had my first paycheck over $1,000 at 20
>first smartphone at 18
>bought my own bed at 19
and so on

Attached: 1554249733735.jpg (567x789, 90K)

How old are you?

proud of ya, man

Attached: lovey dovey fren.jpg (250x202, 12K)

iktf
althought i don't really get upset or anything about it, it's just like "well fuck" and then back to watching anime

Nice job bro

You got a job now bro? Own home? Married etc. I ask because I too waste life on vidya and need a eye opener

I wasted a lot of it. From 6th grade to freshmen year of hs I sat in my room playing vidiya. Then I made some friends and was kinda normie but still khhv. Then from 18 and a half to 23 I sat in my room again for the most part just watching anime and cartoons and movies and sometimes see a friend. But now I'm kinda turning things around and am not a virgin anymore at 23.

Job, on my own.
Unmarried in apartment because I hate being tied down. I move a lot.

I was pretty popular as a kid. When I was like 15-17 I went through a sperg phase, I still had friends but was really fucking weird and said a lot of cringe shit online. Dated a few girls but it never lasted long.

Please do not take your own life. You have more life experience than me, so I won’t tell you the meme bs about it will get better

>How was your youth/teens Jow Forums?
Went into two different psych wards when I was 15 after I told my school therapist I felt suicidal. Ended up going blind in my left eye. Met my gf in the second ward. She ended up committing suicide. I was very depressed so I basically dropped out (it was considered a medical withdraw but whatever) because I couldn't find the will to get out of bed. All my friends (rightfully) abandoned me because I was no longer fun to be around. Now I'm a useless NEET.

Jow Forums is what made the second part of my youth less embarrassing, barring the Jow Forums phase

Yeah the teenage Jow Forums phase is definitely something I don't want to remember. Although I think it is important in a way

That's brutal, I'm 28 myself. Guess things just don't get better like they say it will, huh

>But now I'm kinda turning things around and am not a virgin anymore
That's awesome, congrats

Life is too short to be screeching about politics, more so if you don't have a stable income/degree etc.

My advice for you is make time for self improvement and people. Things like movies, games and things you can start and stop at youe leisure will always be waiting when you are done.

Yeah dude
I just stopped caring about it and now idk how I feel maybe nice

Yes and no, I oscillate to and from highly avoidant/isolated personality to relative extroversion. Always behave sort of weird but I suspect I have or have had some sort of memory issue, the symptom of which is that I rarely perceive what I am experiencing to be real but in a sense performative or illustrative(?), this is both in the present and in recollection. I evidently have quite a bit more life experiences than some of you, but I have for sure made a lot of very, very poor decisions and have struggled; chiefly academically and professionally, though I have also for example discarded interests I was quite passionate about which has led to significant skill regression.

same here. basically nothing has changed in the past ten+ years (except i have my own apartment). still in the same job from when i was in high school. i would never have thought that this would be the case at this point but here i am.

Anyone else way more comfortable around complete strangers rather than people you know? I'm completely different around strangers

Yes. I'm especially uncomfortable around people that have known me for years. Sometimes I wish I lived like a wild west cowboy or something and just skipped town every so often and nobody really knew me.

I feel you man. Family is the worst for me

I developed this trait eventually, I am very inconsisent in personality and beliefs. I think this familiarity is part of what causes me to get into these introverted phases, as they usually precede some sort of major change where I completely change who I socialize with by finding a way to move across the country.

yes sometimes. im known for being that guy who never says anything so being around people who know me makes me uncomfortable as it would be weird to suddenly act otherwise.

Thank you, God bless.

Married? Kids? Do you see yourself change in the near future?

no, live alone. dont really except any changes for the next few years at least.

*expect

I wasted mine too and it’s partially why I drink so much now. Instead going out and doing typical teenage things like hanging out with friends after school and playing sports I spent most my time reading in my room or playing flash games. I wish I could go back but I know I can’t so I just try to live a quiet life by myself now

Attached: 6B9667EF-7C82-47AD-9818-9812C0984E7F.png (250x250, 108K)

Could have been worse. I never really had any bullies, I kissed a girl, I got my high school degree.

I dropped out of life around age 20 though, that could have gone better. At 29 I'm picking it back up; there's a light in the distance now.

How much do you drink? I drank quite heavily up until a few months ago when I basically woke up with a dull pain on the right side of my abdomen and figured it was time for a break.

How have you started to pick it back up? Any tips for a 28 year old doomer that basically sees the end of the tunnell some 50 years ahead and there's certainly no light there?

Damn, thank you, OP, you described me and my feelings perfectly

The truth is, we will never get over this, this shouldn't have happened, our tragedy is akin to losing an arm in an accident or turning into a cripple, we will be forever scarred because of it

But live, live your life, try to emulate those times, hit on teenage girls with daddy issues, hang out with younger people and relatives, drink and do shit, it will never be like it was supposed to be, but at least you'll have a glimpse of it, still, we will always have this voidness inside our hearts that something went very wrong and we wasted our single only life in the whole existence of this universe, it's a fucking shame, why me?

I used to drink a lot more than I do now but I drink pretty heavy Friday nights and Saturday nights. Stuff like whiskey and rum and throughout the week I’ll drink 2 or 3 beers a night. It’s really the weekends that fuck my liver up

same, but it wasn't my fault and i actually did pretty well considering my situation. Parents sperged out every couple of months and went crazy about some new "hot opportunity" in other city/state and even fucking countries. I didn't have a chance to settle down and learn how properly maintain friends til my junior year, literally switched school like 15 times during my lifetime. I'm capable of maintaining an engaging conversation and socializing to an extent but whatever, it's done and i'm just quietly waiting for my last month of hs to end, not even going to prom or shit like that.

It is what it is, life just chooses to fuck people's life sometimes, rummaging won't lead anywhere. The only thing that keeps me alive is the prospect of having a gf someday and curiosity of how far human technology will go, maybe i'm able to get the very end tail of the life extension movement that's going to start in the near future and hopefully live to the point where fully fledged VR is true and i can live my own utopia for a couple of hundred years before killing myself

>The truth is, we will never get over this, this shouldn't have happened, our tragedy is akin to losing an arm in an accident or turning into a cripple, we will be forever scarred because of it
imagine taking yourself this seriously

Attached: 1555456121456.png (613x888, 786K)

I guess youth isn't easy for anyone despite people pretending it to be.
Currently in the end of my youth probably, starting college, gonna start looking out for a job, and even if I really enjoyed my youth going out, partying, hanging out with friends, I've been more and more depressive (already felt like it before, but I guess not so bad). I have a gf that loves me a lot, friends, pretty girls occasionally hitting on me, what apparently you'd expect from the youth, and still I feel sad and lonely, especially feeling like I have many friends but ain't close to any of them.
What I mean is: you didn't lose much OP, it dooesn't matter how you spend your youth, it probably will be shit anyway. I myself had/am having what people expect from a good youth and feel more depressed each day. Everyone carries regrets, but nothing can be done about, what you can do is changing and deciding your life from now on. As Arthur Schopenhauer said, those who ''live'' in the past or the future are fools.
I expect to have helped you (or anyone) a little, because I feel a little better now.
Be strong OP and move on.

Very good post, thanks for that Brazilanon. I liked the losing an arm analogy, it's very accurate

The grass is greener on the other side I guess. I still think I would've been happier with those experiences than I am now without them, but I see your point.

Haha look at all these grandpas :D

My teen years were mediocre I guess. I wasn't popular but not unpopular. Got laid sometimes. In hindsight I probably could have put myself out there a bit more, I never realized how cool I actually was.

Sun's coming up so I'm going to bed now guys, thanks for your insights. Helps somewhat that I'm not alone in feeling this way. Tomorrow will be another day in fucking paradise, can't wait. Good night. OP out

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKK your post describes me exactly
t. 18 years old, how do i escape this? it's too late for me to make friends in these final months of high school i think

Try to get some people you can vaguely drink with after. I had a couple or friends and because everybody started drinking i became friends or acquaintances with people from highschool i didnt talk too before. Saved me completely
The drinking made me a fat shit though.

Not sure how it is in America with 21 as a drinking age though.

shut the fuck up retard
i literally don't talk to anyone the whole day though, i have no idea how to make even the first step
also with the higher drinking age it means i'd have to already know someone with access to alcohol

It doesn't really matter that much.

Like says, it doesn't actually solve anything other than maybe help provide you some materials for small talk.

keep wallowing in self-pity, friend

what else am i supposed to do? i have zero social skills, i literally cannot have a conversation for more than 30 seconds, how am i supposed to just magically fix my life?