Do foreigners find american english to be easier than other dialects...

do foreigners find american english to be easier than other dialects? i can't understand a lot of other english accents and it seems like ours is very clear to them.

Attached: dnggyxtd0rs21.jpg (960x960, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1zeEN1Tv254
vocaroo.com/i/s0EyPBMwQWdX
vocaroo.com/i/s0rt5cocJh6a
vocaroo.com/i/s1e483lqF0Vh
vocaroo.com/i/s0QfGsqnmYHC
vocaroo.com/i/s0sDlnk9LQHu
vocaroo.com/i/s1NZMv7ZohmG
youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck
vocaroo.com/i/s1HJmU4DfgrC
vocaroo.com/i/s1DeQRlDabv7
vocaroo.com/i/s1R0exUDvyAt
vocaroo.com/i/s0a2mgnHjbNu
vocaroo.com/i/s0lr4pvPpYmg
vocaroo.com/i/s1mjSdxLePhj
vocaroo.com/i/s0tAk5HjDaFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kiwi dialect is unintelligible

I cannot understand jamaican english

1. Yes because America is the cultural superpower and people learn English from American entertainment,

2. I have the EXACT same skinnyfat body as the lad on the left.

fuck off mapuche

That's just fat
Right is skinnyfat

neither can we

it depends on which English accent they are more familiar with. If someone only learned British English and more familiar with British accents, he would find British English easier and vice versa.

But to Korean ears, American English would be clearer and more intelligible.

not technically english.

calm down i didn't mean to offend

now do the haka for me, sirocco :)

Attached: 2446.jpg (700x420, 47K)

Why can't you understand other dialects.
I can understand even scouse. In the end it's just the same language

Its clear because you shit out more media than anybody else. And because you talk really slowly.

Not true, Europeans learn British English in school but they consume nothing but American media so they can only really understand American dialects/accent and basic British dialects. If someone with a Glasgow accent speaks to a random Norwegian or Dutch person they won't have a clue what is going on.

American english is the best. aus-nz-uk english makes me want to throw up.

we are mapuche,the cutest ethnicity

Mapuche are kinda ugly but they are nice so I guess that can considered cute in a way

Americans all sound the same, so that helps

British accents are dying out too, I read an article about how it happens. It is due to people moving a lot more so the really strong regional accents get replaced with a really common 'rootless' kind of accent' In the UK John Oliver has the exact kind of accent that is taking over. Literally could be from anywhere.

lol I have a southern accent and there’s no way you think it sounds the same as a New Jersey accent

That’s like saying a London received accent sounds the same as Scottish

How the fuck does a redneck sound like a Californian

isn't it because they never learn English in Glasgow dialect? I think if Europeans learn English, they would learn it in standard British English, e. g. BBC English. If they hear someone speak in cockney accent, I dont think they would.have much trouble following what he's saying.

I practice them sometimes.

vocaroo.com/i/s1zeEN1Tv254

Attached: 1304137355116.jpg (467x700, 55K)

Sorry I don't think I expressed myself properly (It's 6am and I've been up all night) American media dominates the world most people that can speak English can understand most American dialects and accents because they have heard them so often in films, tv, videogames etc. now most people will be able to understand the more popular British accents estuary, cockney, generic northern (the accent of the norf in game of thrones) again because they have experienced it already in Media but the less common accents/dialects will be harder to understand due to lack of exposure.

Now I as a British person despite never been to Glasgow or Newcastle can understand those weird accents because since I was a child I have heard people on TV speaking with them. British media, unlike American media simply doesn't have that massive reach like American media so people won't be used to them and will finder them harder to understand.

Maybe a deep south accent sounds different enough, but basically the rest of the states sounds the same. It's also not like we're going to be seeing much of the deep south accent over here. I've talked to people from a variety of different states California, Denver, Philadelphia, and it seems like everyone from the city speaks the same.

good post

You sound like Russian speaking English.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EyPBMwQWdX
yanks btfo

Attached: 1555346163392.png (394x410, 308K)

Your default accent is so fucking Californian it makes my ear bleed. Stop doing the cute pitch thing that they do at the end of every sentence.

Trying to branch out.

vocaroo.com/i/s0rt5cocJh6a

vocaroo.com/i/s1e483lqF0Vh

Attached: 23c762f518819204eed6f008b2f3fa1e.png (178x214, 38K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0QfGsqnmYHC

Attached: 1548705085782.jpg (634x650, 131K)

You're really good man, are your fellow countrymen jealous?

vocaroo.com/i/s0sDlnk9LQHu

Attached: ffffffffff.jpg (900x1200, 111K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1NZMv7ZohmG

Attached: 1545218759012.png (240x221, 77K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck

there's an even worse one I'm trying to find

I do not think they care much about English dialects.

vocaroo.com/i/s1HJmU4DfgrC

vocaroo.com/i/s1DeQRlDabv7
rate the impression la

Yes, others sound strange, British English is acceptable however I prefer even southern US dialects over it

Isn't that scouser?

yeah mate, a southern fairy like myself trying to do a scouse accent

vocaroo.com/i/s1R0exUDvyAt

Attached: DkjMmKYWwAApwY9.jpg (843x798, 66K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0a2mgnHjbNu

Didn't you say you were going to do a scots impression?

vocaroo.com/i/s0lr4pvPpYmg
i said scouse la

you literally sound like the guy in your pic

vocaroo.com/i/s1mjSdxLePhj

Attached: 1555718819715.jpg (500x600, 64K)

fuck off roach

vocaroo.com/i/s0tAk5HjDaFw

Fat cunt