So let's settle this one and for all. Which European country has more freedom than America and why...

So let's settle this one and for all. Which European country has more freedom than America and why? And what does freedom mean to you? No memes

Attached: Complete_Lower_Manhattan_Tour__Statue_of_Liberty___Ellis_Island_and_One_World_Observatory_Tour_(1757 (500x350, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cato.org/human-freedom-index-new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Estonia, did you know Estonia had wifi in forest?

now thats what I want from a country

All of them, because they enjoy the freedom of not getting shot

>poland
>free
your police literally lets thugs attack minorities

Now i love Poland even more.

absolutely based

All of them, we're a poor 3rd world dystopia and they're all gay.
Any country that allows such levels of homosex is automatically more free

Depends on the definition. I think this index is rather balanced when it comes to economic, social and freedom of press:
cato.org/human-freedom-index-new

If freedom would be measured by ones ability to buy and carry weapons, USA would win hands down, but it's a bit more complicated.

Netherlands>Finland confirmed.

Pic related was stolen from New Jersey by New York. Never forget.

i said no memes

Yes that's what I am not sure about. You are right, the definition is key but there is no clear definition.

>NZ number 1
lmao it's illegal for them to go on a Chinese image board
>UK at all
See Pic related and count how many cameras you see

Attached: Hull_Today.jpg (1200x630, 116K)

Do you want it back? Why don't you come and take it?

What about overall bureaucracy/permits/regulations? I know UK is the worst in that regard. But which cunt has the least amount of that in Europe?

Should we define it then? What should be taken into account when measuring freedom? Freedom of press, freedom of speach, freedom of religion?

Romania or Bulgaria? But that doesn't really make them fare well in the index because of other issues.

You are on the wrong continent for that kind of freedom. Even the color of my roof is decided by the local gobberment. Because muh aesthetics

I think freedom to Americans are mostly just two things: the second amandment, and the free market economy.
To Germans, freedom is more about the normal civilian life. We don't want to be fucked over by corporations or by stupid laws or customs. If I want to go swim in a lake or ocean unsupervised, I'm able to do that. In the US you have lifeguards screaming at you not to swim out too far.

That's the reason we are still having this conversation. Americans have their own definition that differs from pretty much everyone elses. Even the institutes studying freedom and other social phenomena. It's like inventing your own sport and claiming to be the world champion. Oh wait, I forgot Super Bowl:D

A relatively weak government, too. More power to local governments/grassroots. Less bureaucracy/nanny states/big brother mentality. And just an overall ability to make things happen due to simplified regulations. Start a business/buy property/relocate to the opposite part of the country and get up and running quickly/etc. An anecdotal evidence: I was allowed to rent a huge truck with a manual transmission and I didn't need a special DL for that and nobody even asked me if I could drive a stick or drive a truck in general... But of course you can argue that it is not freedom but negligence for the sake of making money. But hey insurance coverts that so who cares. Something like that.

A bit of that exists here too. (Muh HOAs). It personally doesn't bother me since I don't need a fence of a specific height or color (or any fence at all) but yeah that could be a problem. Or for example I cannot have a shed in my backyard.

Yeah I can see the latter point. Life guards can be quite annoying especially younger kids taking it too seriously. On the other hand, I heard that most Germans live in apartments and your landlord doesn't allow you to make any modifications/additions even simple things like installing your own shades or even hanging a picture.

Regulations can differ greatly though. Nudity is much less of an issue in Germany while here it's pretty much banned outside of the house.
But if it comes to property I think Americans can do a lot more (for good or bad) to their property than most western Europeans can unless the American voluntarily decides to live in an HOA.

>And what does freedom mean to you?
To be able to have sole authority over myself and surrounding resources to develop what I may as anyone else can, to have free access to land, resources and rivers.

Attached: eye.png (720x1280, 698K)

>about the normal civilian life
But you are memeing again. Freedom to everyone is about being to do things that they want. There is no difference between Americans and non-Americans in that regard. It is all about what you find important that you can or cannot do due to regulations and restrictions. Also you might be shocked but not all Americans are obsessed with guns.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think Europeans tend to have a different view of freedom of speech.
Euros tend to think that freedom from hate speech/offensive language is preferred while in the US it's freedom to say what you want.
Denying the Holocaust is illegal in most European countries and giving the Roman salute will get you in trouble with the authorities in Germany and maybe some other countries yet in the US both are legally fine to say.
Might lose some friends or a job but those are social repercussions not legal ones. Can always get new job and friends.

Then there's France's freedom from religion vs the US's freedom of religion.
Too many cultural differences between the US, Western Europe, and the rest of the world to clearly define what is freedom since it will depend on the cultural viewpoint.