That 1200 year old boomer that still uses patronymic surnames

>that 1200 year old boomer that still uses patronymic surnames

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Iceland.png (2000x1440, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAZobMyRy8o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>According to a 2005 New York Times article, the majority of Icelanders either believe in elves or are unwilling to rule out their existence

Attached: 1526638523791.png (300x250, 26K)

I've been to Iceland. I can support this theory.

You believe in angels and demons

Things I've learned about Iceland from Facebook:

-Icelanders love Facebook, they are very active on it, constantly posting pictures of themselves, sharing things they find, responding to what appear to be contests/giveaways

-Icelanders on the whole seem very down to earth and unpretentious; they lack the cynicism and aloofness I would associate with a highly-developed Nordic country

-There doesn't seem to be any great stigma against having a child out of wedlock in Iceland; it's pretty common to see a woman with kids who is not married but they all seem pretty normal and not obviously low class

Will post more insights as I develop them

Why are you making same thread again?

Wait you saw elves when you were in Iceland?

This is mostly a PR thing, getting people to think we're all cute and stuff, similar to what Japan does.

Do Icelanders with foreign fathers have names like Tyronesson? Post example if so

Europeans are awake now, I want to get their input

Japanese genuinely love cute stuff, that is no PR. When my brother lived there that movie Ted with Mark Wahlberg was a massive hit, which is unheard of for an R-rated American comedy. He went to see it in a theater and it was packed but silent. Japanese didn't get any of the jokes, they just thought the bear was cute.
This is relevant to my interests.

No, they'll either have their father's last name or they'll use their mother's name

Examples: Ólafur Cromwell or Ólafur Helguson

>-Icelanders on the whole seem very down to earth and unpretentious
dumbest fucking take all year

Well give me your hot take than brother, I'm sure you've met a lot of Icelanders in your NEET apartment in Helsinki

Iceland is the only country on Earth with higher per capita antidepressant consumption than US.

Most Americans believe in ghosts and demons. 100% if you would only factor the non-white population.

How odd, I've never taken any antidepressants nor has anyone I know spoken about taking them.

Well something like seasonal affective disorder would affect them pretty hard I think

Might they transliterate their father's name?

Icelanders are phenotypically interesting, you can really see the mix of British and Scandi genes; imo the women look more British and the men look more Scandi

Attached: 20130101_181248.jpg (1200x1600, 222K)

>i said something wildly incorrect but im not wrong actually

>they lack the cynicism and aloofness I would associate with a highly-developed Nordic country
bruh wut

>you will never move to Iceland marry a cute Icelandic girl and raise little Jon Anonsson and Freyja Anonsdottir

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

Just basing this on Facebook profiles

>they lack the cynicism and aloofness I would associate with a highly-developed Nordic country

Attached: last ned.jpg (304x166, 7K)

Drugs like fluoxetine and other SSRIs/SNRIs are one of the most common prescriptions I get at my pharmacy, second only to maybe zopiclone (þú þekkir það örugglega undir nafninu imovane)
t. pharmacology student who occasionally works shifts at a pharmacy

Attached: consider the following.jpg (452x526, 39K)

I don't think there's any laws or rules against using the Father's name, it just often sounds odd and I can't recall ever encountering someone with "foreign name"-son before.

Also usually foreign fathers are pretty attached to their family names.

Do kids with matronymic surnames get made fun of at school?

Not really, it might get pointed out sometimes but it's relatively common.

Ahmedsson sounds odd?

Yes.

Based and redpilled

based björklanders

rude

whites believe in creationism and deny climate change desu

Finland always gets mad when you complement any other Nordics, a bunch of catty fags they are

Anglo women are MADE for Icelandic BVLLS

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x643, 49K)

Can any Icelandic lads tell me what this guy's reputation is? What is he like irl?

Why didn't Denmark force Icelanders to take lastnames like us?

>tfw when locked patronymic surename translated to a foreign language

I've run into him a couple of times at Laugardalslaug; He's alright, generally a chill guy

However there's been some controversy surrounding him and domestic abuse, with his former fiancé and some other women coming out and saying that he beat them
Now I don't like breathing life into rumors and accusations without proof (especially not after metoo) but steroids are one hell of a drug so he may or may not have done it

Based Iceland.

I could believe he shoved them or restrained them but "beat up"? I've seen that guy's ex-girlfriends and fiancee, if he landed one good punch they'd be in the hospital

Lot of nations still use patronymics - some Slavs and some Middle Easterners.

Nobody cares.

Which Slavs still use patronymics? Not talking about patronymics converted to family names like you have but actual straight up patronymics

atleast we didn't decide to replace our language with danish.

>patronymics converted to family names like you have
We don't convert it into surnames. We have actual surnames. We use patronymic as second name.
Some of Balkan Slavs use patronimycs as surnames, Croatians maybe, but I'm not sure.

That's cool though. Everyone everywhere seems to be using most of the same names now. I'm not even into nationalism or any other Jow Forums shit, but that's just boring and gay.

I think it's much more likely (if it did happen) that he just gave them a light slap or restrained them like you said

Though considering how strong he is even those kinds of actions could end up bruising them

Every Russian name is First name + Second name + Patronym (father's name).

A lot of your family names are just "Ivanovich" tho, what is that but a patronymic converted to a family name?

And yes I am telling you about your country

Well it works on me so good job t b h.
Sauce? I grew up in the south so I know we're full of retards but I won't believe it's a majority unless you can prove it. And I hope you can't because I'm already depressed.

i've seen him around but he seems such a nice guy i couldn't believe he hit his significant other
just sounds like more #metoo bullshit

You are definetely didn't see a lot of Russians names.
"Ivanovich" is second name. For example, full name of Putin is Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, where is name + patronymic + family name respectively. Don't teach me about Russian things pls never again.

I get annoyed at how stuff like wrestling or restraining all gets lumped under the label of "domestic abuse" with things like giving someone a black eye or a broke nose; one is sort of almost expected for two people living together in close quarters for a long period of time, the other is obviously an abuse of power. If a guy throws his girlfriend on the couch while they are arguing it's not a huge deal in my opinion (just like if a woman throws something at a guy when angry it doesn't mean she's necessarily an evil person) but there's never any nuance in these discussions (similar to how every drunken hookup gets transformed into "rape").

Anyways those are my thoughts, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below

You can still find some Danish surnames here like Nilsen or Thorarensen

I guess it's just because we were more defiant than you when the Danish tried to imperialize our culture and language way back when

that may not mean what you are trying to imply.
perhaps their doctors are as trigger happy as ours and prescribe antidepressants to anyone who feels slightly moody. it is like autism stats per country. totally meaningless if taken out of a cultural context.

The Dane fears the Icelander

I think the bar you seem to be setting for what's acceptable behavior is pretty low, but I also understand the point you're getting at.

Surnames end on "vich" is more common in Belarus and Balkans.
In Russia names are look like that - Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov, where Ivan is first name, ivanovich is second name or patronymic and Ivanov is a surname that developed from patronymic just like in other european counties.

I thought most of them are Inuits? or some other indigenous people.

>just sounds like more #metoo bullshit
My thoughts exactly
Nigga just wants to lift weights, be strong as fuck and have a good time with the lads and thots from downtown are trying to take that away from him

youtube.com/watch?v=lAZobMyRy8o

That's Greenlanders user

Do Russians who hate their fathers ever legally change or drop the patronymic?

What county has names like Huyachich?

Ah. I somehow confuse them in my mind. Are they like totally different cunts, no similarities?

I mean I'd prefer if people were never violent with each other but a relationship is a very intimate thing and emotions can run high. I've known plenty of women who when they get really angry will pick something up and throw it at a guy (probably an instinct) but somehow this never gets discussed in the media even though it can easily lead to injury.

In any case if nothing got broken or sprained and nobody's worse for the wear in my view the law should not get involved, let the couple figure it out for themselves

You can legally change full name, including patronymic. There is a lot of bureaucracy needs to do for it though.

Both were colonized by benevolent Danish BULLS but the first man to settle Iceland was Swedish and Greenland used to be Norwegian until pretty recently

Ukraine

Tall poppy syndrome, he is an international celebrity, people are always jealous when one of the homies out the hood makes it

Iceland, the Faroes, Greenland, all of it was colonized and settled by Norwegians and (formally) remained Norwegian until 1814.

All those names that end in -enko are Ukrainian too right?

>Swedish Viking explorer Garðar Svavarsson was the first to circumnavigate Iceland in 870 and establish that it was an island.[22] He stayed over winter and built a house in Húsavík. Garðar departed the following summer but one of his men, Náttfari, decided to stay behind with two slaves. Náttfari settled in what is now known as Náttfaravík and he and his slaves became the first permanent residents of Iceland.[23][24]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland

So....yeah pretty much Swedish clay

Yep, it's common suffix for their surnames.

I agree, I think it could really benefit from a 1st/2nd/3rd/... degree system because as soon as you hear "domestic abuse" you immediately think "man he gave that bitch an uppercut" or something

Never heard about this, maybe some do. But use of full name is relevant mostly in papers, people dont call each other by full names only first name or surname anb use only first name and surname in internet profile's. It is a polite form to call the elder people or superiors by first name and patronymic.

@104499494
Come on now, söta bror.

Attached: 1551919257573.png (863x651, 38K)

Did you race mix with the local tribes everywhere you settled? Greenland, Iceland, Faroes?

so you saw through the bait huh...I'll be back

Attached: krigsmakaren.png (500x767, 238K)

>patronymic converted to a family name
What do you mean by that, a patronym that became a regular surname and is passed on in static form? That's how it works here, there are some surnames that follow the "X's son" format but they're unchanging and not dependant on gender.

There were no local tribes on Iceland you brainlet, the Nordicks who sailed there with their Irish and Scottish rape slaves were the first settlers

Yes that's what I mean, the Russian above set me straight tho

*German

No way. So it was just a barren rock?? Even Greenland had locals that were brutally murdered by conquistadors. What about the Far Oe Islands? I believe they had a huge indigenous population in the 16th century.

There were Irish monks present in some places before Ingólfur Arnarson came along

We just have a thing where you call the son of X 8X being the house name) "X's young one"

danish was replaced by german, norwegian was replaced by danish.
No natives were murdered in greenland. It was barren when they arriveved, and all later immigration has been in good spirit.
In the Faroes there is evidence of settlement back to the 4th century, but what ever there was (celtics probs) they disappeared from history when the norwegians arrived. And there never was a huge population in the faroes, was like 2000 people untill the 1800s.

How do people get married in the Faroes? Isn't everybody every other person's cousin basically?

cousins isn't incest.
Read some biology

Cousin marriage is taboo in many parts of the West

I know. Also here.

My parents are cousins. Was fun when the school found out.

Haha hey everybody get a load of this inbred haha

One pair of my great grandparents were first cousins from the Eastern Shore of Virginia. It's kind of funny but I don't think it's very dangerous, genetically, unless it's repeated a lot.

Attached: 1533142982783.jpg (320x215, 27K)

why do women always need to take shit away from men because theyre women
are men not allowed to have anything nice without a fucking entitled roastie coming and taking it away to get victimhood and money?

Attached: 1550094729052.jpg (720x960, 74K)

Vesturbær was a mistake

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

It's just jealousy: she is just some random thot and her ex-bf is now a big star, of course she is going to be a bit envious. And society teaches you that you as a woman are pretty much always the victim, and your words will always be believed and be considered credible.

If there was a similar foolproof way that men could try to attack or exploit or extort their former friends I'm sure they would do it but society does not grant them that privilege. To be honest given how much power women have to ruin men's lives in our society they should be given some credit for how few of them actually do so; they are like gentle giants. Or wizards in the time of King Arthur's court.

Það er ekki eins og menn eru alsaklausir í þessu

Þó svo að dræsurnar eru þær fyrstu til að grípa til lágkúrulegra aðgerða þá eru það við sem að bjóðum okkur sjálfum upp á þetta bara því við viljum fá á broddinn

Attached: 1491831170576.jpg (923x633, 122K)

the pussy should always be kept in check
iceland is pretty much a fucking matriarch at this point
nuke vesturbær

Attached: if only.png (646x538, 172K)

>his surname doesn’t describe his warped facial features
Feels great to be Scottish sewage run-off