Why are american cities so boring?

Why are american downtowns so damn empty and boring excluding New York or Chicago? Every single Euro capital and second most important city is very lively with a huge nightlife too. I love lots of things about american culture but I just don't get why their cities are so damn boring.

Attached: americancities.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>why their cities are so damn boring
It probably depends on the region but the main reasons are:
1) Americans gave up their cities and moved into suburbs. It takes a car ride to get anywhere and nightlife usually involves alcohol which means DUI
2) They gave up their cities to lowlife scum. Which means some big cities are quite dangerous at night
3) Americans made most of their cities for cars and walking them is not in any way a pleasure and
4) you basically have to walk because american public transport is shit so you'll either spend the night in one bar/disco/whatever or you'll have to walk or take a cab.
Also 5) Americans are puritan as fuck and don't have a healthy relationship with alcohol. Therefore, having nightlife is considered sinful.

this sums it up

>DUDE WHERE'S THE NIGHTLIFE

Attached: 1518071157963.gif (380x400, 197K)

Basically this

Are you an adult? Visiting the city is for shopping, work, and other official business. Having fun is for highschoolers, grow up.

>Let me tell you about your country

dc and pittsburgh are cool

How is it untrue?

I'm 23 but I don't think having fun should be reserved to teenagers and kids only

I lived in New Orleans for a while and while I'm not a big "nightlife" person, it's pretty active there.

I really wish Americans would have pushed their niggers into the suburbs like we did in Western Europe

Yeah but New Orleans is not the norm. But you guys are getting focusing too much on the nightlife part I meant even during the day most US cities are pretty dull.

NE is a pretty old city, is it not? Plus negroes are big on nightlife.

I wish they never gave them gibs. Listen to Thomas Sowell sometime. He does a good job explaining how incredibly fucked up black society got after they were led to rely on whitey's gibs.

You're an adult now. Don't drink away your paychecks.

I'm not saying clubs and bars, there's plenty of cultural activities 24/7 in the city life in Europe

>during the day most US cities are pretty dull
IIRC there are zoning laws that prevent building of the classic shops on street level, apartments from second floor up houses. And I think every house has to have a parking lot of corresponding size.

>not having access to cheap alcohol
>not keeping up your mental wellbeing by drinking with friends

>there's plenty of cultural activities 24/7 in the city life in Europe
Such as?
If you need cheep alcohol to function, it's time to make a change in your life.

I'm guessing by something cultural, you mean something old how France has the Louvre or how Germany has castles. The oldest you're probably gonna get in the States is American history type stuff in Boston. If you go out west, you can find some Indian reservations but that stuff is almost always super touristy. Out of curiosity, what does New York have that other big cities don't?
They call it the Chocolate City for a reason.

Where have you been to?

>If you need cheep alcohol to function, it's time to make a change in your life.
It's like shoes. You can walk without them but it sure as fuck helps to have them.

I mean gatherings, language exchange groups, meetups, subcultures like skinheads, punks, hippies, techno parties etc
I have been all over the US, down south in Florida, Lousiana and Texas. On the East Coast Baltimore, Philly and NY and then Chicago. In the west LA and SF.

> mean gatherings, language exchange groups, meetups, subcultures like skinheads, punks, hippies, techno parties etc
We have that too? Please post tourist pics, i dont believe you at all.

Shit nigger, ask me anything, my dad is a high ranking military who spent most of his years working with NATO. He developed an obsession for american culture thru his peers, part of wich he passed on to me.