Why isnt tethering considered shorting with 0x leverage if you only tether because you plan on buying in lower

Why isnt tethering considered shorting with 0x leverage if you only tether because you plan on buying in lower.

EXPLAIN

Attached: 1532163955898.png (808x805, 320K)

Are you brain dead? Look up the definition of a short sale

When you 'tether' you are selling. When you short sell, you are borrowing assets you don't own in order to sell them (leverage trade).

okay faggot but it still has the same effect on the market, especially tens of thousands of people are doing it simultaneously. seems more like you stupid boomer faggots are more concerned about outdated terms instead of modern reality

Attached: 1521391123570.png (800x800, 131K)

yeah but im not just SELLING i plan on buying in at a lower price you fucking brainlet

i honestly dont think im brainletting on this question, and most of you faggots are just to pretentious to acknowledge it without falling on " GO LOOK UP THE DEFINITION FAGGOT"

tether has multiple trading pairs, you are selling your btc, etc. for usdt.
shorting implies leverage as you are essentially borrowing from the brokerage/exchange

Tethering is the same as shorting 1x, if you intend to buy back in later at a lower price.

yeah well the term is gay. im shorting at 0x no matter what you faggots say

tell an actual futures trader you are shorting at 0x and prepare to get treated like the brainlet you are

yeah i guess 1x makes more sense...

>implying you've ever stepped one pinky toe into a real financial market. kys rn.

Attached: 1513811028145.png (469x452, 277K)

Doesn't matter what you plan on doing. Concerning a 'short' sell what matters is the state of the assets being sold. More specifically, are the assets borrowed or owned?

maybe i borrowed my assets from my bank, or my mom. again...kys...

outdated boomer terms need to die or figure themselves out in 2018

Attached: 1515115998461.png (588x800, 77K)

this, you sell an asset youve previously held. short selling implies selling an asset you don't own (on margin) that you hope to buy at a lower rate than you borrowed it at

lmao. i agree that the difference between selling to usdt and entering a 1x short futures position is semantic but you asked a brainlet question and i gave you the answer. kys.

I believe you're half right
it could be considered shorting aqt 1x leverage BUT it's technically not shorting as shorting has it's own definition, you're just trading

same way as buying isn't considered longing at x1 leverage even though you're technically "longing" the market (no one buys/sell to lose money, except brainlets ofc)

The assets you would need to borrow, if you were to short bitcoin, would be BTC. Not USD.
A bank likely doesn't have BTC they would let you short sell on the market.
Your mom might have some BTC. If you were to borrow your mom's BTC, sell it on the market, wait for the market to go down, buy the BTC back, and then return the asset to your mom (netting you a profit) you would have executed a short sell.
Now please fuck off. Leave and never come back.

i cant ive been here too long. i may be a brainlet, but im your brainlet.
I still think the definition doesnt relate to modern crypto trading since trading isnt conducted by "real traders" anymore and with less regulation some terms have become "liquid" if i may. That being said, thanks for the intel and i hope everyone in this thread kill themselves (including me)
Goodnight.

Attached: 10387462_10204714043746160_5664265226427002133_n.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Because if you sell your bitcoin you're not "short" anything. If you borrow bitcoins and then sell them, you're "short" bitcoins meaning that you owe somebody bitcoins and you don't have enough to pay them back.

it is shorting

This is so good

fuck off. I can feel myself losing brain cells reading your post

Attached: images.jpg (295x171, 10K)

You have to wait for the price to rise again before seeing profit in fiat value in your scenario. It will increase your quantity of BTC but that doesn't help you if the price keeps dropping.

In a short sale, you make profit instantly from the fall in price after you cover and close the trade. You are returning the quantity of BTC you borrowed to the borrower and keep the difference between your initial short sale price and your cover price minus the borrow fee.

kek

increasing your number of BTC is the only thing anyone should care about

number of bitcoins = number of millions of dollars in 5 years

literally only thing i care about...the USD value i invest is monopoly money. I just want to get the most of it for end game win.

Until such time as BTC is a more liquid currency than fiat that doesn't matter. Sats mean shit when crypto is bearish.

not unless you 1x short properly brainlet

Attached: 1523686303590.png (1300x2000, 288K)

I agree wih ya, op. It's like shorting with 0x leverage. Been thinking the same

because when you short, you have to actually be making profits FROM the price falling, you're basically "betting the price will fall" and profiting immediately on that outcome

with your method, you would have to buy Tether, wait for price to fall, rebuy BTC, wait for prise to raise before you gained any profits

with a real short you bet on the short, when price drops you gain profits instantly

i think we've determined 0x leverage is the brainlet crux here 0x anything = 0 lets just call it 1x leverage and BTFO the boomers who got liquidated on their 20x contracts.

>Why do people use technical terms correctly

>why do people decide USD is gay?

What if I borrow now from my future self and tether it. Is it comparable to Shorting with 0x leverage?

The state of /biz

Attached: 1532615559281s.jpg (125x111, 3K)

X1