My Gallic brethen

My Gallic brethen...

Attached: imperator rome.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cringe

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia
URGH...

t. Conquered by Romans

Gods...I hate Gauls. My grandfather hated them too, even before they put out his eyes. Did you think I'd be out here on the frontier without good reason? Yes, Rome needs a strong frontier. No, Rome doesn't need unwashed barbarians at her gates! So, that's why I'm here, the leader of the Julii: to bring Roman order to stinking Gauls.

The culture groupings are soo autistic in this game. The stupid rebellion/civil war mechanic when your minorities reach over 20% is autistic

Why group Carthaginian with Israelite instead of North Africans? Why break up Iberian Celts and not the Gaulish ones? And don't start me on that large Iranian blob of cultures.

Based.

Wait for the flavor pack DLC, silly goy. It gets good 300 bucks in.

Attached: johan.jpg (495x738, 129K)

>crashes to desktop in Linux

FUCK YOU, JOHAN

I know. But sucks how broken the game is in its current state. Pirated anyways, so meh. lol

>paracucks

Attached: victoria 2 player.jpg (2000x1200, 1014K)

>using linux unironically
you deserve your crash

Hey retard, Carthage was a colony of the Phoenicians, who were a Semitic people. The Phoenicians' name for themselves was "Kanaʿan" i.e. Canaan of the Bible. Israelites were just a breakaway tribe from that larger group.

>Why group Carthaginian with Israelite instead of North Africans?
Carthaginian were phoenician
>Why break up Iberian Celts and not the Gaulish ones?
They're not broken up, Iberian != Celtiberians != Basque, three different people

Ugh... what could've been...

Attached: ugh2.jpg (640x885, 82K)

>Paradox creates the mana system with the justification that without mana, large countries would snowball too fast due to earning more money
>R:I allows you to convert money into mana
The mana system was the worst thing to have ever happened to Paracucks. You'd think they could easily make this game work by just combining the pop mechanics and CK2 like ruler stats. Even in this way you could clearly have small and strong powers (like early Rome: highly educated pops of the domestic culture and religion) and large but weak powers (like the Seleucids: very few pops of the dominant culture, great cultural and religious diversity leading to more inefficient rule, more inefficient taxation, more inefficient recruitment, greater dissatisfaction et cetera).

The worst thing is that assimilation/conversion also happes through the spending of mana. As if the emperor can step out of his palace, walk to Gaul, point to a bunch of barbarians and yell "Hey! HEY YOU! You're a Roman now! Shave that moustache and start speaking Latin!". It should be a gradual process where X pops are converted over Y time, which can be sped up by certain laws/policies and the personal stats of the ruler (reflecting his abilit to create and run an administration that facilitates the process).

I fucking HATE the mana system.

>The stupid rebellion/civil war mechanic when your minorities reach over 20% is autistic
I like it. I also like how generals generate popularity with their troops and if they get too popular they can start a civil war. This allows something like Caesar's coup to take place in the game organically without it being railroaded in.

>t. Paradrone

Attached: 1543787134986.jpg (125x231, 12K)

why is your regional a gay pride flag

>tfw venetian ancestry
am I a gallic bvll?

Many errors with this map. Thracian and Illyrian should be moved into the Dacian group. Hibernian and Iceni groups should be moved into the Celtic group. Eastern Iranian and Western Iranian groups should be combined.

this game is such fucking garbage
i pirated it and i still have buyers remorse, please give me back the 2 hours i wasted playing it

What's wrong? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm only about an hour in or so.

Mana system in victoria 3 along with 5 DLCs for each continent.

This is why I fear Vicky 3 ever releasing.
You just know it'll be packed full with Gear Mana and have absolutely nothing that actually made the series fun in the first place.

is it fun?

well i thought it was really shallow and i couldn't do shit in it, i had some fun at first discovering it too but i quickly lost interest

outside of war time there is basically nothing to do except put it on speed 5 and wait for your mana to come back, declare a war again, and go back to map painting
the war themselves are nothing special, you just regroup, avoid attrition, stackwipe, done
the family/character/ck2 management thing there isn't really much to do, basically you bribe as much as possible and pray that the character dies before he goes too low and rebels
let's not even talk about """religion""" which is just a buff you choose every now and then
all of the options aren't really options, basically you put every province on the command to have more trade roads, you build the first building (+tax%) everywhere you can, you spam citizens, because those are obviously superior to all the other options (all 4 of them), and then you win very easily even on the hardest difficulty

it felt like i was railroaded and didn't really have any choices outside of where i want to paint the map next

>you need 300 justice points to pass this law
>you need 150 military power to contest this state in africa with the british.
although colonial power is sort of mana you could control that by building docks and dreadnoughts it wasn't decided by RNG where you get awful rulers.

It was only "sort of mana' in the sense that it's an abstraction. That's it.

Colonial power as an abstraction makes sense. It avoids shenanigans like Austria colonizing half of Africa despite only having one port in the Adriatic or the Congo Freestate being able to build the most powerful fleet in the world. Ports limiting your ability to colonize or the number of capital ships you can build makes sense.

Mana only half works as an idea and completely fails as a concept. The worst example is EU4: if you save up enough mana and get enough development modifiers, you can turn a backwards steppe province in Russia into a city larger than Paris overnight. Because... fuck if I know, the Czar's stellar personality convinced everyone to abandon their cozy homes and move to the middle of the steppes? R:I's pop system (which is a callback to EU Rome and something the EU4 mod MEIOU and Taxes copied) has the ability to completely replace the need for a mana system because the value of a province is decided by how many pops live there, what pops live there and how many pops the province can sustain. This technically makes it possible for Rome to end up a barren wasteland and for a backwards village in Southern Italy to over the centuries develop into a massive world city, sure. But you don't get a massive imperial capital in a barren wasteland, because it simply would not be able to support a population that large.

I'll continue ranting about the fucking pop system in my next post.

there's also the issue of non-existent diplomacy, since it costs paper mana which is so useful there's no point to anything except fabricating claims
no real unrest management, once again you go speed5 until war exhaustion disappears
infamy i wonder why it is even in the game, i annexed two of my neighbouring countries in the early game, and instead of everyone piling up on me i had like 5 ae and nobody cares
ai in general is stupid and spams you with gifts/alliance/breaking alliances wtf are they doing

in the game's favor i can say the trade system is cool though
the pop system has got potential too
maybe in 5 years it'll be good with dlcs and mods

Hell, even the pops barely make sense in R:I. I'll copy this from the wiki.
>Citizens - They provide research and commerce income. These represent the patricians in Rome, and nobility in monarchies
>Freemen - They provide manpower. The plebeians of Rome is included in this group.
>Tribesmen - These provide a tiny amount of manpower and tax income. These are the barbarians or uncivilized parts of your areas.
>Slaves - These provide tax income

Why are slaves and uncivilized barbarians the only ones who pay taxes? Why do the citizens not provide manpower when in many Greek citystates they were the only ones who fought? Why do only citizens provide commerce income? This is badly thought out and makes no sense.

If I could reorganize this, I would do it as follows:
>Citizens - They provide research + ???
>Freemen - ???
>Tribesmen - ???
>Slaves - They provide commerce income (representing how their labor is used to produce goods that can be exported)

Notice how 3/4 categories have ???. That's because their merits should IMO be defined by LAWS. Laws, some exclusive to certain cultures, that dictate what certain pops do. For example, in terms of manpower you could have different laws, some mutually exclusive. Something among the lines of.

>Levied army - Freemen provide manpower (at a .5 factor)
>Auxuliaries - Tribesmen provide manpower (at a 1.0 factor)
>Citizen armies - Citizens provide manpower (at a .5 factor)
>Service guarantees citizenship - Freemen provide manpower (at a .2 factor), freeman are converted to citizen (at a .2 factor tempo)
Same story (mutatis mutandis) for tax/commerce income.
These laws would add incredible flavor and you'd have to balance out the boni and mali of all these systems. This could actually, if managed badly, lead to great social problems and even civil war.

But instead we have merits provided by pops that make no sense and things like promotion, demotion and assimilation don't happen organically but are managed by mana.

I love "Ugh... what could have been" threads.

>Why group Carthaginian with Israelite instead of North Africans?
american/10

WE WUZ LEVANTINE AND SHIT

You know that tribe in England named 'Parisia'? What annoys me is that the coast should be ALOT further out than it is, its clay last by the ice age and fucking tons drop into the ocean on a day by day basis. They've looked on a modern map and kept everything as it is today.

retard. carthage is a phonecian colony. and minorities are not what causes rebellion its disloyal province with 20 percent minorities. of course they are more likely to rebell against foreign rule. iberian was more diverse culture wise, several groups there are not related to celts at all.

retard

they wuz though.

I'd love to kick you in the head. Just take a few steps run up then catch you with the full force of my steel capped toe under your chin, send your little faggot arse flying through the air.

As you lie on the floor, coughing and wheezing and chocking on your own blood, your jaw a mangled mess of bones detached from the rest of your skull, I stand over you and laugh wickedly. You looks up at me in fear and pain, your eyes searching, begging me for mercy. You find none. I raise my boot then stomp down, splitting your skull like a melon and finally ending your pathetic life.

You’d have to be a literal cuckold to buy parakike games in 2019
unfinished, dumbed down dogshit on launch. 60 quid of dlc before you have what should have been the base game

*teleports in front of you*
can't let you do that!
*grabs you by the throat*
back the fuck off?!?!
*stabs you in the balls*
i said back the fuck off?!?!
*teleports behind you*
Heh, you're good!
*unsheaths katana*
To think I have to use.... that!
*raises katana*
KILLING MOVE: I USE THIS KNOIFE TO BIN YOUR LOIFE!
*cuts you into a million pieces until only a fine, red mist remains*
Heh, you forced me to go all out
*sheaths katana*
Psssh... nothin personnel....kid
*respectfully tips fedora*

Attached: 1417479904713.jpg (300x274, 15K)

that's the game at the start
I didn't buy it

>Illyrian same as Hellenic
>Thracian same as Hellenic and not Dacian even though Dacian was subset of Hellenic
>etruscans are Latin

I bought it. Last game I bought full priced was red dead 2.

I seriously hope none of you faggots actually paid for this game

I hope paradox shuts down and another small game developer team takes their place.
They have lost their charm years ago

These guys conquered the world.

Attached: HI3duI36H1G130rf.png (789x923, 1.73M)

UGH...

Fuck off

cultural assimilation should be a very slow and natural progress if your core regions are well developed and have cultural influence. BUT there is no depth to any paradox game, not even on a civ6 level. It's just a map painter.
Also they are revisionist cowards, half the times the conquerors didn't actually assimilate shit, they just exterminated the natives. Or killed enough of them to cripple and disrupt their society and the broken people easily flocked to the settlements to survive and that was the "assimilation".
Also the mana system is trash, the event system is trash, they substitute for the lack of depth in the game for all the missing mechanics.

I did

Name me one historical grand strategy game that does it better than paradox.

>muh map painter
>b-b-b-but it's historical, it's a historical map painter
>gruhuegrghurhgrurherguhuh rreeeeeeeeeeee
Come here you little faggot, come on now! I'll just flash out my knife and hopp I SLIT YOUR FUCKING THROAT!!!!
You are just grasping at your neck wheezing and gurgling and you can't believe your LIFE WILL END! And when you collapse on your knee I just fucking KICK YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE!!!!
And yes, then I spit on you, because you are nothing, NOTHING then a pathetic little peace of shit.

He may be dead but you just saved him from the agony of spending $400 in DLC.

I didn’t say it was historical but it’s close compared to the competition. Still haven’t given me some good alternatives?