Why is anime popular in the west now

Attached: 100530-1901090828-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 438K)

Zoomers like everything that wasn't cool to be contrarian. The internet was filled with otaku neckbeards so now to be "ironic", all the kids pretend to be depressed, otaku, and whatever else.

Can't wait for the episodes with Superalloy Darkshine to come out and see all the trannies demand CR drop OPM

Attached: Darkshine-0.png (436x741, 630K)

Never seen evangaylion and probably never will but Asuka is hot.

Attached: 1556666515991.jpg (8514x5485, 2.24M)

She's a bpd whore.

The generation that grew up with toonami now is part of the workforce and they still consume shonen trash.

Read The Sandman you faggots.

I'd bomb her fart factory.

>muh bpd
There's nothing wrong with women who have bpd you fuck.

Attached: 1452463342480.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

a lot of people nowadays are much more comfortable admitting to liking anime because it's becoming more mainstream

It's a highly developed industry that uses a medium (animation) that is not normally used in conjunction with complex story telling in the west. Plus it has the appeal of being foreign and therefore interesting while at the same time still accessible.

she's underaged, and a narcissistic schizo cunt you freak

she has full on narcissistic personality disorder as well and there IS something wron with being attracted to minors. misato is for men

Attached: 8AC80D9F-6C91-4BBA-9C78-1B24F8435B48.png (471x1000, 263K)

You sound mad.

Misato is literally both a whore and a slut.

Attached: misato being a slut.jpg (704x714, 93K)

for me, it's Yui, she's will accept us no matter what.

Attached: download (1).jpg (169x298, 11K)

Is anime even popular in the west anymore? I always assumed only weebs which is a tiny minority of the population of the west watch them nowadays unlike back when Pokemon and Dragonball were huge pretty much all over the world.

So is asuka. but misato is mature and not a fucking bratty piece of shit kid. also don't pretend you wouldn't a whore

Yes it's still popular but I'm not sure if there are many anime kids shows being dubbed that are widespread. dragonball and pokemon are still really popular at least for manchildren

It's surprisngly popular among college age people. It's not like everyone's watching it but in every class room there's going to be a few people who like anime.

Half the people I know watch anime

test

>JoJo memes, Initial D memes and Hokuto no Ken memes have enjoyed lasting popularity
>Pewdiepie is an avid anime fan and constantly uses anime phrases in his videos
>people getting tired of the same old calarts bullshit that the west puts out
>Netflix aggressively expanding into the anime scene, even going so far as to making anime of its own
>Crunchyroll enjoying vast success as well

Those are just a few things off the top of my mind

Attached: 1486857106031.png (826x720, 502K)

So do you mean like only that creepy guy in the class watches anime nowadays? Or do normal people there still watch anime? Tbh it's hard to imagine your average dudebro enjoying anime. I feel like there're so few "normal" anime these days.

i don't know but it's on netflix so non-weeb people watch it too i guess

Anime is a western invention, it was brought to Japan by CIA to help promote Jap culture as a part of starting anti-Chinese culture war for Asian region that was (and is) a part of Cold War.

and this guy
though i'm not sure he is just pretending or not

Attached: 1555775738317.jpg (428x369, 20K)

I don't think he's faking
After all, why be an ironic weeb when you already command the attention of the west with your job alone?

Me and my gf bonded over anime alot when we were younger, we've become adults now and still watch, but my gf has become leery of people who are anime fans now, which was the opposite back 10 years ago for her. Internet culture and the rise of incel racists sexists almost always being anime fans kinda fucked it all up for her. She is a girl and latin, so obviously she cant trust non-normalfags nowadays. Internet culture and anime fans used to be good and silly with some secretive degenerate tendancies, now it is taken over by brazenly hatefilled 19 year old conseratives

normal people watch anime. a lot of full on chads are open about watching anime, and lots of black dudes are open about loving anime. but mostly i think it is for virgins, at least anything that isn't shonen

I had a class with this one outspoken chad who had a slideshow of anime for his laptop screensaver. he once openly asked our teacher if he saw the ghost stories dub. he was attractive, tall, and outgoing and seriously had no shame at all in liking anime and didn't care if the world knew.

what is ironic weeb

Sounds like me homie. I feel bad for cringy ugly awkward people. Whatever i want to be cool i make it cool. My little brothers friends come over alot, and now there is an army of 15 year old girls who listen to magma and ruins. Bretty nice

a trashy drunk pedophile roommate gf sounds fun imo

Sounds like America is a better place for anime fans. Judging from my experience anime fans aren't really treated all that very well in Japan and I doubt there are many chads here who would admit they watch anime unless they're under 15.

The definition is going to vary depending on who you ask but the gist of it is that it's a person that pretends to like anime or has very little interest in anime but decides to overplay how much they like it for attention

Attached: 1494526895546.jpg (1277x740, 287K)

I salute these dubs.
Anime is popular because western shows are shit. Picture related.

Attached: I cannot Enjoy.png (1920x900, 373K)

Attached: 1531773224271.jpg (2048x2048, 425K)

as long as she doesn't look like a trashy drunk pedophile

He's just a memeing dude who as a billionaire has nothing else to do than browse the internet and watch anime and participate in memes

He stopped caring

Despite that he's done more for human civilization than your salaryman ass faggot

man, Jow Forums users are really the true oppressed minorities :^(

I don't know anyone who watches actively other than me.

Attached: 1543893785832.png (410x620, 152K)

>man, Jow Forums users are really the true oppressed minorities :^(
He is right, you know. Why all of a sudden the TV series my sister watch are packed with homosexual couples now? What is the reason now to embed them in the plot when there was no reason to add them 10 years ago? The answer is: ideology. Tolerasty is being shoved down our throats. FUCK IT!
Japanese don't do it, they just entertain their audience. All glory to the glorious Yamato race.

Attached: It's just anime.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Maybe it's because you don't know a lot of people

Attached: 1483047170062.png (459x501, 124K)

Normalfags are all into isekai and shounen.
Like you can just pick a random person who likes catgirls and you 100% know he's a fan of Marvel as well

>Normalfags are all into isekai
... wot

Attached: community_image_1411605612.jpg (806x524, 166K)

chininese people really love anime though

Zoomers missed all the best anime,and they typically refuse to watch anything more than 3 years old.
>younger bother is born in '03
>did you like anime user?
>yeah, you should watch Outlaw Star
>isn't that really old though?

I aM A b1G aNiM3 fAN!
bUt WhAtZ eUaNJelL10N?!1?!

Attached: 1535482264082.jpg (640x480, 52K)

What I'm saying is that people who watch isekai and shit like that are braindead zoomers. They don't really like the genre itself, but the fantasy worlds where "cute" dwarfs with d cups act retarded and incels like themselves are tough and brave enough to fight dragons.
At least in Russia.

Well you're not wrong user... But saying it like that is not very nice of you.

Attached: IMG_1467.jpg (1206x1291, 248K)

There's plenty of quality zoomer anime too user, ever seen Swors Art Online?

>Sword Art Online
I tried to watch it, but I don't really like anime about kids and.
This is what always infuriates me. Why the fuck are there almost no titles about real life?
Is this Abe trying to distract people from their real life problems with society?

>titles about real life?
l strongly recommend you to watch "onichichi". it's one of the greatest works of Japanese animation!

Attached: 1554721459199.gif (480x270, 737K)

I'm sorry but you were wide open
I hope the smug Nemesis dampened the blow somewhat

Decadence and escapism.
Personally i prefer alcohol and working out, but i can see the appeal of eternal high school scenario and self inserting into perfect worlds

>anime about real life
Welcome to the NHK is a classic.

It did.
Can I get a hug now?

Attached: hug.png (500x500, 189K)

Thank you user.

Attached: 1511756960374.jpg (911x1200, 361K)

>show has 1 (one) gay character
>THEY ARE CRIMINALIZING HETEROSEXUALITY

Its been popular with young people since the 90s

He's probably not faking it. He's always done a lot of based and/or cringey stuff.

Based
Fuck your gf

Same story here.
Zoomers ruin everything.

everything that elon musk does that isn't related to his businesses is cringey. he should get off twitter and just take us to mars

A coping mechanism created by /a/ so they can continue to believe that anime is still their "secret club" and they can just brush off any normal faggots who enjoy anime as "j-just doing it ironically".

Attached: 1556557814959.png (420x420, 21K)

this, except only partially. ironic weebs do exist but they aren't as widespread as /a/ would like to think

>that anime is still their "secret club"
i thought pokemon and ghibli were huge in 90s in the west

pokemon and ghibli are acceptable anime even for people who hate anime.

Bill burr watched one of punch man and liked it

The generation of westerners that grew up as little children watching DBZ are now 25-30. It's no longer something only weirdos and teens understand. Now your bus driver has opinions about Goku.

I fucking hate this faggot fucking obnoxious fuck

I'd say because anime and manga are way more creative than western media. Here, we have only loads of capeshit as comics and a few graphic novels here and there. A lot of Anime is trash, but a lot of it explores szenarios which are interesting or hilarious. Take Girls und Panzer, absurd idea, would never be aired in the west. Or one punch man, which I interpret as a parody of capeshit. Or jin rho, there is nothing like that here. (Man in the High Castle explores different themes and is shitty imo)

not aired, produced.

Panzer vor!

Attached: aeS7eYIP_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Attached: gup tank yukari soyface.png (636x433, 1.05M)

>Normalfags are all into isekai and shounen.

Attached: 1555962119426.jpg (638x1000, 74K)

Anime died in 00s

you should've too

Honestly you should be more surprised about the fact that he even knew what Outlaw Star was.

It died in 2009 with Haruihi S2.

Attached: haruhi43.jpg (433x650, 51K)

Good, because that shit with endless eight was a fucking rip off.

A lot of people I know will openly talk about how much they like shit like Death Note and Attack on Titan.

Stop sucking a dick and tell me correctly what you meant

I meant that you should be dead.

at least there was Kaiji

No, you should.

Attached: 9emAxDj.jpg (225x225, 20K)

Animeis shit for low lifes.

Wie fies so etwas zu sagen :(

You should get cancer and rot away you piece of shit with all your family.

You can let us see your dere side any time now. I'm rooting for you both, there's definitely a love story in there.

Attached: f6ef2151951893764c9bf23d2c2f90887bf47d96.png (897x875, 499K)

>anime
>popular
lol no you empty head in delusion

I like French anime.

alright, when are you both getting married

Attached: 1488063938006.png (852x880, 568K)

Nothing Japanese is popular in the west
People don't even know you exist

Keep calm, cute boi

Attached: 138(1).png (530x492, 13K)

Oh gosh it's happening they're doing it, they're gonna kiss any minute now ! Hungary is definitely the uke.

Th-thanks.

Attached: d136b0ccc1fb23d51ba9241d78dd379d91d40ddf.png (900x900, 636K)

Netflix=good
Anime is on Netflix = anime is cool now

just like you and japan user you're saying

Attached: 1487352505268.jpg (500x618, 59K)