/smg/ - Stock Market General

Degenerate gambler edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>Commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

>How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$0.005/share, $1 minimum. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread:

Attached: Nutbladder_Kaiji_S2_-_01_D721C8A7.mkv_snapshot_00.07_2011.04.06_15.00.25.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/apples-shaping-up-for-an-earnings-beat-and-that-will-push-it-to-1-trillion-strategist-says-2018-07-31
youtube.com/watch?v=L7G0OfJUON8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for buy HMNY

Attached: badtimes.jpg (1920x1080, 832K)

>CAT and NTDOY mooning

YESSSSSSSS

Peter Navarro better not fuck this up my portfolio can't take more tariffs

Attached: just'd_cat.jpg (252x212, 13K)

BUY ROAD

Attached: ROAD_05112018.png (4961x7016, 645K)

Who /increasingly nervous/ here?

Whats up

Attached: Howdy.png (500x481, 407K)

Pandora earnings today. Grab your popcorn.

Attached: 1508726775257.png (3187x2390, 836K)

There is literally nothing of interest in Alabama.
Why would bother building roads there?

True, there's a lot of people who just can't accept / deal with failure when they've "put in the time" and "tried their hardest". It's getting even worse nowadays where they don't even keep track of the score in kid's sports games.. Some school districts are even talking about getting rid of valedictorians and "graduating with honors" (cum laude, magna cum laude, etc) because it discourages the kids who didn't do as well in school.

more like increasingly excited, Im in tech and u seen what happend the other week. but one thing i learned from cicada 3301 is always be prepared to destroy all that you own

>tesla up

I want to buy Tesla puts SO bad but everything in me is telling me I'm gonna lose $450

First for Green Day

Attached: 7yx.png (256x250, 55K)

what does everybody else have on leverage right now

Rate hike cancelled, got a giant green dildo coming today and tomorrow.

FNGU and silver
Getting /Boosted/ today

I'm about $3k into margin on my stock account that has ~$36k in it so not much.

Don't. Look at the chart. You are not putting those puts in at a high price. If you did it over 310+ you can be semi-confident you made a decent choice. Under 300 is risky.

IT can still work. Do what you want. Just remember to buy on opportunity and the timing on that move isn't great relative to stock history.

TSLA calls at 340 strike

Alabama is ROAD's milk cow

ROAD will use this money to expand into other states, like Georgia, Florida, N & S Carolina.

The stock's catalyst will be their expansion narrative into these states

Today ROAD is bascially trading at its IPO price.

Eh you're right, I shoul'dve gotten in way earlier. I got $500 left rn and don't know what to put it into.

I was thinking of buying some MSFT

it hits $5 by tomorrow morning

how many? expiration?

Tomorrow night the roulette wheel spins for so much damn money

both food and bank stocks are going down, which indicates the market thinks rates are going up, and also it indicates the market think rates are going down

Attached: 1455425529482.png (600x614, 498K)

>watchlist is mostly green
>actual stocks I have are mostly red

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Yeah but I assumed the author was presenting the loan sharks and predatory corporations as a natural consequence of capitalism.
Hopefully lol, the first season was stressful! I also saw all kinds of bizarre christian imagery in the series, like how Kaiji is constantly flanked by two characters who act as the good and bad thieves which where left and right of Christ during his crucifixion. The fat dude and dumb/innocent guy during the rock paper scissors arc, Sahara and the old man during the beam crossing arc, Pops and Ends during the Bog arc, it was wild.

Attached: drinkboys.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

1, exp this week. Gambling money, nothing serious

Well, it's just advice. The play could be right. You are just probably not getting good odds but can still be right. What do you think the low is thursday on bad ER? 275? When do you think buyers come back in?

I wonder how many think it can get to 220-250 price range off a bad ER but good guidance.

Am I gay for wanting to buy VIX calls?

Yes your going to get fucked

Short around midterms when dems start getting fucky with it

Time for an after-lunch pullback, S&P down to 2820-2817?

marketwatch.com/story/apples-shaping-up-for-an-earnings-beat-and-that-will-push-it-to-1-trillion-strategist-says-2018-07-31

Secrets to boomers rigging the stock market

youtube.com/watch?v=L7G0OfJUON8

Understand how to navigate the boomer traps

has there ever been a worse generation in the history of the planet in any country than boomers? They might have destroyed the entire planet in like a 20 year period

Just czeching in on my fellow Jow Forumsnessmen (and women)

I hope you arent investing in penny stocks or memes!

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-100812_Robinhood.jpg (1080x1920, 197K)

I have nothing against boomers in particular but old people should be gassed.
Logan's Run had the right idea, just the wrong cutoff age.

When the hippies were complaining about the 1% they weren't talking about your portfolio

respect your elders

SUCESS

BREEDS

JEALOUSY

cool. can we see your all chart?

Literally never in the 10,000+ year history of humanity. Maybe the generation in late Rome who devalued the Denarius, but the consequences of that were at least limited to Western Europe and didn't impact the environment on a global level.

I'm thinking of going to jellifin when they hit Android. They have the same delay issues as Robinhood but I'm not ready for the real traders yet and they have cash account which means easy day trading. I'm out of the game until mid October on Robin Hood, anyone got a good no commission place I can use? I couldn't help myself there was money to be made on twitter calls after their earnings report.

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-130710.png (480x854, 90K)

Fucking HMNY had a crazy day apparently, the fuck is going on with that stock? It hit $9 today and then dropped down to .50.

Death spasms would be my guess lol

Sadly my all chart reflects my poor decisions from trading memes. Ive seen the light and have only made money since i rebooted my portfolio though!

One of the most bizarre stocks i've ever witnessed. We all know they are going bankrupt, but the journey to get there is interesting at the very least.

So now you are going to fall for dividend meme? Just about every person has fallen for the dividend meme. This must be your first year trading.

Should've just kept rolling your options until you made it, at least you'd have something to shitpost about.
>firefox corrects 'shipost' to 'apostleship'
It is a sign.

LMAO

So when are we going to buy out hmny? I've got 12k to drop on this and it's worth 158k right now.

Nevermind RH terrible charting has HMNY all kinds of fucked up.

Remember to buy silver calls on August 31st!

I also thank grim for baking the bread

When it drops to 54k we can buy 50% of it between us!

the only people impacting the environment are the chinese. You could shut down every plant in the western world wouldn't make one bit of difference

Based dividend bro :3
Ignore growth faggots and keep following this strat

Just went green today, even ALT can't hold me down!

Attached: tenor (24).gif (498x221, 537K)

What about something like AMLP? Would this be something you'd put in the dividend meme-folio?

they put out a press release saying they are changing their business model and will attempt to run operations at a profit (lol about time)

stock spiked to like $2 through volatility halts and then tumbled back down to where it is now (-40% on the day)

Yes, and I wonder who created a culture of unsustainable manufacturing and consumption in Asia?

Attached: bigthink.jpg (550x457, 15K)

My predictions for the Apple Earnings
Apple is gonna fall buy 20 or so percent. With slumping watch and Mac sales, combined with a stagnant phone market I doubt apple will over perform.

Microsoft will see a boost, hitting 110 by friday. Google will also see a small bump, and with Fitbit trailing in the earnings on Aug 1, it'll see a bump up to 7 dollars a share.

STZ on discount
literally 80% or so of the mexican beer share

Attached: pacifico.png (395x439, 307K)

Do you do it for free?

Is there any hope of me breaking even on this?

I grabbed it on a whim friday.

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-123005.png (1080x1620, 127K)

underestimating ecosystem

doubtful with that expiration date...

What anime is that

Hmmm

Attached: Reagans_ChineseLeader.jpg (1040x695, 181K)

its Kaiji

the most Jow Forums anime ever

My prediction is that apple and Tesla announce their merger and it counters the slump.

nah i'll let it continue to drop

>Buying a call with less than a week on exp

Just play the lotto my man, quicker results so you can lose your money more efficiently

isnt Apple going to smash earnings and cruise past a trillion in mcap

Teslapple soon

My asshole will become sentient and lead a genocide against the Roma before Apple buys Telsa

More like Assla.

haha its gonna be a interesting as fuck afternoon

>Taking financial advice from headlines

Just get in line behind bad options user, plenty of lotto tickets to go around

Tim Cook needs to nut up and spend his money on something. Apple is too boring right now to keep up their meme ability.

If making easy slowly compounding profit is a meme, I guess so!

I've never traded an option in my life.

Assuming their financials are sound and they can sustain themselves without lowering or dropping their dividends in the next few years, sure! I can't check because I'm on mobile

I wonder if big5 was able to dump his bags of HMNY this morning or if his ass got greedy and held too long.

Can you imagine the size of the Cheshire cat shit eating grin on Musk's face when he steps out to take over for Steve Jobs keynote speech?

you laugh about it now.

Options are if you know something will happen. Lime if there is a major % change after the earnings call one of the mid super cheap and goes up a few % after a few minutes so it's an easy way to make money. Sometime, like twitter, it keeps going down but that's because the change was drastic enough for the news so you know to buy puts. There is always a slight rally or did as people try to cash in/ out so if you buy into that, easy money.

The day of the rope is here, the fire rises
When the blood is in the streets, your yields won't save you from the carnage...
Long SNAP

Attached: 1486781717119.gif (1075x603, 2.22M)

It's basically a fund that holds a variety of energy based master limited partnerships. So you don't have to track when they run dry and just keep soaking up the dividends.

Attached: wolves2B1.png (550x344, 324K)

>If making easy slowly compounding profit is a meme, I guess so!
Is it your first year trading? Watch when whatever you are holding drops like a rock and all your gains get wiped out and you go back to break even.

Interesting, but risky. Maybe ill set aside some play money to mess with that some day.

That's why we must diversify in established companies that will almost certainly be around for 20+ years. Insulate your portfolio before it is too late!

Attached: 1530023532314.png (570x849, 244K)

>being this mad someone is invested in dividends

how much longer til these evil earning reports stop coming make them stop papa

I prefer to read financials and diversify, thanks!

Here I thought you were some rehab'd Degenerate Anonymous, but you're just a literal 30yo boomer.
Sad! Boring!

Won't take over apple. His plan was always to hit Model 3 numbers before leaving and even then he stays as head of product development or something.

If they do a deal he will stay on to head up new products and let Apple deal with all the other stuff or something similar. If model 3 gets into steady development there isn't much more risky plays for tesla afterwards. So his attention would go to other things.

30 year olds cant be boomers! Im 24 too for your information

Not mad, just funny to see newbs think they found the secret to dividend investing. The sad part by the time you learn you will be about 6 months into your "dividend investing" and will be at break even. By then you wasted 6 months stuck on an idea that just about every new trader has thought of and thought it was fucking magic. lol

Risky is an understatement I watched my twitter calls drop 2k right after I sold for a 400 profit. It's about timing. Probably best to use a real broker and a cash account.

Uh my hero Cramer, Allah bless, says that you should take risks when you're young and investing.
Seriously, just drop your boomer divs and all in SNAP