Obelisk vs. PoW&PoS

I am trying to find informative debates from internet about Obelisk consensus algorithm vs PoW and PoS.

Why Obelisk is considered better in terms of scaling, decentralization and security?

Attached: 95126516.jpg (1280x1232, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptomiso.com/#SKY
github.com/skycoin
downloads.skycoin.net/whitepapers/Skycoin-Whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/skyhash_opinion_dynamics_model2.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/sznajd2 - a community-aware opinion dynamics model.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/whitepaper_skycoin_consensus_v01_jsm.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/Sky- Opinion Dynamics Based Consensus for P2P Network with Trust Relationships.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everything is started with Satoshi's original vision for crypto. Originally intended the btc network to be decentralized, but today, btc network is completely controlled by 3 mining pools. Btc failing in the implementation of the original vision.
Skycoin has developed this new consensus algorithm, Obelisk, aiming to achieve true descentralization.

Obelisk, moves beyond Proof of Work and Proof of Stake allowing super fast transactions at the same time as being highly energy efficient, and immune to mining centralization and 51% attacks.

That would be the main difference. Probably there are more details which I didn't wrote down.

I am curious when the Obelisk will be fully functional, if btc and other PoW and PoS users will try to find also a solution for descentralization?

Eventhough is in top 5 consensus algorithms, Obelisk is still not on the first place, yet.
Before is PoW, PoS, DPoS and BFT.
and the first 2 are the oldest one

no mining pools I get it, but there s always a creative way to hack. nothing is unhackable or untouchable. Y is everyone so confident?

Exactly about those details I am more curious.

If PoW and PoS failed in descentralization, why is still used?

Oh c mon, all cryptos are using these. and there are different variations of pow and pos as an attemp to solve those issues. Obelisk is too fresh, mb at some.point all alts will migrate towards sky fiber

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same.
If I would be the head of Sky, I would charge them with lots of $$$ for my Fiber

as far as I know the nodes can eliminate a malicious one through consensus or if a node is broken it can be ignored.

in case of a strange behavior like hack attempt everyone can mind their own biz while some nodes will take care of those affected, smtg like that. Pls correct me if im wrong

Something like that.
the community can easily audit nodes for cheating and collusion, without compromising the privacy.

They will have to go with Obelisk, no other option on the horizon

I m a miner so u understand my interest for this topic. my research showed me some key point about obelisk
>>influence is distributed over the entire network, very different from how the hashing power is distributed in btc/eth case
>>although thr influence is all over, some nodes can get more influential within the system, depending on the number of subscribers (legit enough) and 3rd party audits also have the ability to manually edit trust relationships therefore not a single node will get too powerful
>>each node has its own block
>>everything is open source
>>users are self-regulating the system so the power goes back to people

cool

what about the number of subscribers? I am not sure I've got it. So the more the better the system is, and also he influence is growing?

PoW and PoS proved to be economically and environmentally inefficient, using large amount of electricity by the mining process. Only a very small number of coins can use it, like btc or eth. Because is very expensive, not everybody can use it, so it is more privileged and only users who already have a shitload of money can go for it

Vaporware

PoW and PoS will slowly go away but not as fast as you can imagine.. Fiber will hopefully get adopted on a larger scale, this will take time though

really cool, this is being done in an automated way, right?

Lmao fucking pajeets talking to each other.

Dpos has failed already

Both POW and POS pay block rewards to those who secure the network. On top of that, they are paid transaction fees also. This creates a centralized supply and also a lack of incentive modelling. All human organization operates strictly by the rules established by the incentive model. If the rules say to cheat, everyone cheats. If the rules say to destroy, everyone destroys.
Obelisk has been shown to work in the simulations detailed in Skycoins whitepapers. Implementation of Obelisk requires the full implementation and integration of certain other components such as CX and CXO. We are looking at about 6 months or so.

Obelisk will be revolutionary because its participation represents a negligible cost. This allows the same consensus algorithm to scale to meet the needs of an unlimited number of blockchains. Simply by restricting who is allowed to be a consensus node, Obelisk can be adapted to secure any non-public blockchains as well, without any negative effects. It should not normally be necessary to intervene and manually edit your node's subscription list. But you, as a node operator will have the absolute right to do so. An therein lies the reason that block rewards are dangerous. If there were an incentive for running the consensus, there would be an incentive for collusion (in order to conspire to gain a larger share of rewards), and the right to manipulate one another's subscriber list via collusion would pose a serious threat. The lack of incentive, and Obelisk's theoretical resistance to attack scenarios involving malicious node percentages far in excess of 51% promise to make Obelisk the most secure consensus algorithm yet developed.

Howd you feel when the pajeets make it and youre still stuck wagecucking

>Obelisk has been shown to work in the simulations detailed in Skycoins whitepapers
>simulations
>SIMULATIONS

Pretty low grade nigger greentext desu. Mathematical simulations. It is the state-of-the-art practice in engineering. Implementation will be thoroughly tested before rollout of course.

This thread also, no argument, no criticisms. You do realize this basically means I am correct about everything and your all full of shit?
>pajeets

So as I said, vaporware.
Right now it doesn't exist, and it's not likely it will exist in a foreseeable future.

>speaking as if any active crypto project ever has completed development.
>selecting the least vapor project to criticize as vaporware.
"we are looking at about 6 months or so".
>6 months ahead not forseeable.
>Actually repeating one word argument with apparent confidence.
You probably didn't even read my post lmao, at least dyor.

so true user, Obelisk is the only way, I dont really see any other coin maiking this happen. the genius of the devs is unparalleled

WARNING THIS IS A SHILL THREAD / TARGETED MARKETING THREAD

>WARNING ALLOW ME TO FILTER WHAT YOU READ FOR YOUR SAFETY

Plebbit CIA niggers.

It's not "the least" vapoware project, pretty much everything about Skycoin, Skywire etc... is vaporware quite frankly, there are so much clouds and unkowns surrounding this project, it doesn't even have a proper whitepaper (the only one that can be attributed to skycoin is shit).

It IS the least vaporware project, insect. Over the past 12 months Skycoin ranks 12th in commits out of over 800 projects examined on cryptomiso. And this only takes int account 1 of the 34 repos.
cryptomiso.com/#SKY
github.com/skycoin
Business whitepaper:
downloads.skycoin.net/whitepapers/Skycoin-Whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
Academic Obelisk whitepapers
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/skyhash_opinion_dynamics_model2.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/sznajd2 - a community-aware opinion dynamics model.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/whitepaper_skycoin_consensus_v01_jsm.pdf
Even a whitepaper written by Houwu Chen:
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/Sky- Opinion Dynamics Based Consensus for P2P Network with Trust Relationships.pdf
t. pic related

Attached: staypoorcunt.jpg (1200x628, 249K)

The Houwu Chen paper has nothing to do with Skycoin, nothing at all. If someone can prove that he wrote it for Skycoin then I may reconsider my opinion, same for the academic whitepapers.

Insect, you have no credibility. Even though Houwu Chen is not available for comment, your previous post, literally dripping with abject falsehood, which i have comfortably btfo; places you at a disadvantage in the ensuing discourse. Please change IP address and try again.

Hahaha those bags must be pretty heavy

Only the poor wring their hands over bag weight. You sound poor to me. Do I sound poor to you?

I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about that user. If anything you sound like a 12yo who thinks he is hot shit because he said fuck to his math teacher

Very good, CIA nigger. Show us more.

it's always the assholes with a tiny ass mining rigs or a VEN node barely getting paid that don't want to move beyond POW or POS.
b...b.but user, I WANT chinese mining pools and 3 pajeet node holders to make my measly penance really MEAN something. Who CARES if they get filthy fucking rich.

This is the sign of a catastrophic failure in the incentive model of ecosystems relying on POW or POS. Especially in the case of those fucking POS coins. It is designed perfectly for whales to fuck you.