Coats of arms

What are your favorite coat of arms from your country or from foreign countries?
What are your favorite corporate coats of arms?

Attached: escudos-formas_1_0.jpg (1000x999, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordero_de_Dios
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't really have any favourite coats of arms but I will post some local ones.
This is Canada, unlike other major Commonwealth nations Canada's CoA is very similar to that of the UK. I like the mixed Anglo and French influences
A MARI USQUE AD MARE means from sea to sea

Attached: 245px-Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg.png (245x329, 115K)

This is my province, New Brunswick.
SPEM REDUXIT means hope restored. The province was founded by loyalists fleeing the American revolution who found their hope restored upon landing here.
It's a bilingual province with a sizeable Francophone population and it was historically part of the French colony of Acadie, hence the French deer.

Attached: NewBrunswick_CoatOfArms.png (460x600, 507K)

Our medieval regions are represented in our coat of arms
seems a bit convoluted but cool, i assume this is the "detailed" version with so much stuff everywhere

Attached: kingdomshalf.jpg (958x539, 254K)

Granada, Gibraltar (Español) and Ceuta are also represented.

Here's my neighbour Québec's armoiries du québec, it's quite simple.
JE ME SOUVIENS means I remember

Attached: vi003_20080059_arms_quebecprovince2.jpg (490x725, 96K)

>Ceuta
where
funky lion, i dig
bad shield shape tho

Attached: 1024px-Escudo_de_Espa%C3%B1a_%28mazonado%29.svg.png (1024x1024, 288K)

Las columnas de Hércules.

>not repping your local coat of arms

Attached: Margate.jpg (410x526, 59K)

It is a bit convoluted, it's trying to convey a lot of information all within the framework of the preexisting Royal coat of arms from which it descends. There are actually more detailed versions that are far too busy.
I read a lot about Spain's on Wikipedia once, it's well done

Here's my other neighbour, the US state of Maine. I don't like it much, Americans are bad at this in general, I don't know why.
DIRIGO means I lead

Attached: printable-vermont-state-seal-ctrl-texas-hcfdf-1404828.png (362x363, 184K)

the local ones are dissapointing imo
american seals are specially shite

Attached: El+le%C3%B3n+her%C3%A1ldico+en+escudos+de+Galicia.jpg (960x720, 133K)

My small town, St. Andrews By-the-Sea

Attached: cropped-coat_of_arms_standrews_anglican_parish_512w.jpg (512x512, 44K)

Some castle coats of arms from Galicia
>flag within a flag
bad
whats the backstory behind it? was it founded by english people and scottish goats?

Attached: Los+castillos+en+escudos+de+Galicia.jpg (960x720, 135K)

Backstory and description:

>Arms
Argent on a cross Gules the Royal Cypher of His Majesty King George III Or, in the first quarter a paschal lamb reguardant proper nimbed Or supporting a cross staff proper flying therefrom a banner Azure charged with a saltire Argent, on a chief Azure three celestial crowns Or

>Symbolism
The main part of the shield with the cross of St. George refers to the Church of England heritage of the parish. The Royal Cypher of King George III marks the loyalty of the Penobscot Loyalists (those refugees from Castine, Maine, at the mouth of the Penobscot River, who founded the Town of St. Andrews in 1783) and commemorates the grants from the Crown which set up and endowed the ecclesiastical parish. The paschal lamb is the traditional symbol of St. John the Baptist and thus refers to St. John the Baptist Chapel of Ease established in Chamcook outside the town in 1846. The banner of St. Andrew on the lamb’s cross staff recalls the “Church of St. Andrews”, the original name of the parish church, and the civil parish from which the ecclesiastical parish takes its name. The celestial crowns are symbols associated with All Saints, and thus refer to the parish’s All Saints’ Church.

>Motto
This text is taken from 1 Peter 2:17 (Authorized Version), and appears in the parish’s memorial window to the Reverend Samuel Andrews, the first Rector, a Loyalist refugee and former Rector of Wallingford, Connecticut.

After the US Revolution the boundry between Canada and America in this area was defined by the St. Croix river, the problem was that no one knew which river was actually the St. Croix. The founders of my town thought it was the Penobscot River in present day Maine. After the survey showed them to be on the US side they tore their homes, churches, and businesses down, loaded them on barges, floated them across the bay, and rebuilt them on the Canadian side of the correct river as St. Andrews (Anglican) parish.

Monterrey is my favourite

Goats like carrying flags.
Btw, this is Poyo's coat of arms. Now check Puerto Rico's.

Attached: 343px-Escudo_de_Poio.svg[1].png (343x599, 121K)

Attached: esCudObg[1].gif (300x344, 46K)

tree edition
its pretty special, i never see black borders like that
why goats

Attached: %C3%81rbol+en+her%C3%A1ldica+de+Galicia.jpg (960x720, 137K)

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordero_de_Dios

Crosses edition
baste

Attached: La+cruz+en+her%C3%A1ldica+de+Galicia.jpg (960x720, 121K)

Scotland's flag is St. Andrew's flag. That explains it.