Finland

I'm absolutely fascinated by Finland. Such contrasts. For the negative part, there seems to be high levels of alcoholism and domestic violence, but on the bright side, their extraordinary academic performance, Human Development Index (HDI) and other positive statistics.

On an anecdotal level, the vast majority of Finns I've interacted with here on /int have been very positive, some even made my day

I'm going to take a wild guess (and I mean no offense). Finland is like a combination of their neighbors: The alcohol fueled ultra-violent Russians and the more calm Swedes, who gave the world the Nobel Institute and who are also highly ranked on the HDI

What do you guys think?

Attached: just another day on the Scandinavian countryside.png (1229x691, 845K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sIN6BKXJYLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finland is a shithole, come to Australia instead.

Oh, really? I look like this. Same opinion still?

Australia sounds like a hot-weather Finland, minus the above-average academic performance. It is one of the only 15 countries with its own Amazon domain, which is great. I'll consider it, oh big handsome blonde man aussie ;)

Attached: averagemexican woman.png (2000x1300, 2.9M)

I never got the alcoholism meme. It's one of those things that everyone spouts about but isn't based on reality.

Attached: alcoholism.png (896x512, 450K)

Where did all the stereotypes came from then? I mean, they didn't just appear out of thin air, did they?

Swedes spreading lies.

Finland is nearly perfect and alcoholism + cardiovascular problems due to people eating sausage and shit are the only things worthwhile to mention. Doesn't mean it's really that common, if you see a 10/10 girl with a mole you don't like, you talk about the mole but it's not really a problem

Finland is a shit country though, can't wait to go to glorious Korea

> Finland is nearly perfect
> Finland is a shit country though, can't wait to go to glorious Korea

I don't doubt Korea is better. I walk it often on Google Maps Street View and Seoul looks so nice and clean in every corner. I love it

Mind elaborating on the diametrically opposite opinions about Finland, though?

Attached: grab the booben.jpg (960x814, 108K)

eesti is better

Why?

fucking fiib

I love this place. It's perfect for me.

more finnic BVLLS and less sandniggers, sadly a lot of r*ssians though

Huh? We are shit tier in HDI which is a bullshit statistic by the way.
HDI only measures 4 categories. It is so fucking retarded.
FUCK HDI.

Why does Finland have such a high rate of gay anime posters?

Attached: apu reads.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>there seems to be high levels of alcoholism and domestic violence
unfounded memes

Binge drinking culture like in all nordic countries, it's just that Finland is short on other stereotypes.

its just a few autists

>fiib
isn't finboo better

It's just a couple of autists that are on welfare benefits, unemployed for almost 10 years and closing in on 30yo without achieving anything, not getting an education and probably haven't even moved out from their mothers basement.
A situation like that tends to fuck with ones mental well being.

This. We are full

>It's just a couple of autists that are on welfare benefits, unemployed for almost 10 years and closing in on 30yo without achieving anything
literally me except i'm not gay

Attached: anime17.jpg (919x1024, 111K)

If even you agree that your situation is not optimal, you have to change, Finbro. It's time to snap back to reality. There goes gravity. Here comes the cold water. You can do it!

Attached: Cat snaps back to reality oh there goes gravity.gif (300x262, 1.84M)

anime

Attached: 1539725633032.gif (1280x720, 638K)

dunno i dislike working and enjoy drinking beer

Attached: anime16.png (512x484, 196K)

there was a time when a lot of Finns moved to Sweden because it was richer and there was more work. They often formed their own Finnish communities but since life often didn't turn out perfect for them, many resorted to alcoholism, crime and stuff like that. Think of Native Americans in USA. It's originally the Swedes' stereotype that Finns are like that and mainly applies to Finns in Sweden. These days I think most of those Finns are assimilated already.

You just haven't met the right guy yet.

I've felt miserable after a week on every single NEET phase I've had. Idleness fucks your mind hard, you become fatalistic, superstitious and even paranoid for no real reason. Working sucks, but it also gives you an excuse to go outside, make friends and get some good ol' pussy.

Why not give it a try and just come back to your hole if it proves to be too much? Have faith ;3

Attached: ca.jpg (1024x756, 138K)

Makes sense. Kind of like like Americans say that we Mexicans are lazy, unlawful brutes... which we very obviously are not. At least not me. No, sir, I'm the hardest working Mexican you've ever met. Yep.

Attached: sienfield with cuban cigar.jpg (343x343, 27K)

Come for a holiday and you will be disapointed

Attached: phos.jpg (640x312, 49K)

Really, nigga? Can't even pitch a visit to your country to someone who just might actually be interested in visiting you?

I'm not that hard to impress. Just a nice sauna and white/blonde/blue-eyed pussy experience and I'll come back to my hellhole with a smile on my peepee, how about that?

Attached: 99734562.png (469x411, 336K)

>For the negative part, there seems to be high levels of alcoholism and domestic violence
Believe or not, but Denmark is worse in both

So many Finnish and other northern European flags. Feels like I'm in Finland, like I'm in Heaven. *Slurp, slurp*

Attached: ahegao936.jpg (226x223, 21K)

Just fuck an Asian transvestite in Helsinki instead

I believe fins and norwegians are on top of their beatings game tbch

>ultra-violent
everything is a child play when compared to mexico, amigo

I just want to say that I'm still here monitoring this thread. I like it when people say good things about us for once.

What are the top two or three cities to visit in Finland?

Luvia, Näätämö and Hattuvaara.
Avoid the capital at all costs.

Haven't heard of single one of them
Must be a true connosseur

>their extraordinary academic performance
oh boy

Attached: finland-pisa1.png (809x403, 10K)

I have to say that we are really shooting ourselves in the foot with all these ridiculous free learning environment experiments, but still manage to hold 8. Place for the latest

lame

We are making the same mistakes in education Sweden made 15–20 years ago. Why?

Gotta be progressive bruh
Be there, or be squared

No, it is not. I know my people and we're all joyful peace loving angels. Now, you take that back right this instant, foo'

Attached: feelin lucky punk nigga.png (960x540, 503K)

Share some links to some of your free online learning programs (in english) please?

Attached: please.png (609x720, 721K)

I love Finland

Attached: Finland.jpg (1499x1063, 427K)

>Why?
youtube.com/watch?v=sIN6BKXJYLQ