What was like east germany before the fall of the wall?

what was like east germany before the fall of the wall?
anyone here old enough to tell?

Attached: goodbyelenin-png.png (1100x688, 1.54M)

Was born in 1982 and experienced 7 years of my life in the GDR. I never had the feeling of being opressed but that was probally because me being a kid. We also had plenty of food and no one was hungry even though I have to admit that we didnt have a huge sortiment of which we could choose. Kindergarden and school was realy community driven.

Same here, grew up in Hungary. We had plenty of food, no huge lines in empty grocery stores that everyone shills. But there wasn't much variety, 1 type of tomato, 1 type of tomato sauce, 1 type of ice cream, 1 type of car etc

I was there, I was the wall.

Apparently life under the communist regime was fairly dull

Did you moved to the USA after end of the cold war?

that's interesting, do you remember what the people thought about the west?

>constitutional right to work
>constitutional obligation to work
>unemployed and homeless are deemed parasites to society
>get jailed

we should learn from our ancestors and keep improving ourselves

Attached: AstroAlex.jpg (1200x1500, 317K)

Well it had its pros and cons, on the one hand people didnt had to care about anyhting. Everything the goverment managed for you. You got your apartment, you got a job and your children got guaranteed access to kindergarden. The downside however was that you couldnt critize the goverment openly and we got teached early to only listen and do what the goverment tells us.

The West was officialy the "Klassenfeind" (workers class enemy) and war mongers who were just waiting to attack the GDR. But since many people had family in west germany who visited them sometimes most people had a positive connection to the west. People were also very envious of people who got Packages from the west with items we couldnt get in the GDR (chocolate, bananas, coca cola).

I know, my mother grew up in Bulgaria during the 70s and 80s and she has similar things to say about her time there. Her father worked for the government and his career took a blow when he defended his friend at a trial who got accused of making an anti-communist joke. After that he couldn't be a party member anymore which made promotions nearly impossible. Still materially-speaking life was okay.

Halàlt a bozgor fajtàdra

God that sounds awful

God that sounds awesome

wasnt that awful, just like today most people didnt cared about politics and were just interested in a good life. If you didnt gave the goverment a reason that hate you, you had a good life.

Attached: GDR.png (1538x127, 46K)

>Bulgaria during the 70s and 80s
>trial for being accused of making an anti-communist joke

Sounds like a complete and utter bullshit 2bh

Things were never as brutal again as they were in Stalin's time, but it was still dreary, oppressive, and consumer goods were in short supply and you had to get on a waiting list to buy anything.

Imagine how weird it would be if the Eastern Bloc didn't fall before the internet was really big? How fucking weird would a Warsaw Pact Imageboard be?

Attached: we-live-in-a.jpg (1280x898, 93K)

sounds like the brazilian asnti-communist regime we had during the cold war, but only the downside part, despite the fact the governament indeed build some free houses to people, asigned construction jobs and build tons of schools, kindergardens, unis.. we where an anti-communist communist regime

Sounds nice enough, I wouldn't mind that. Better than wagecucking for jews.