College

>college

Attached: soynpc.jpg (644x800, 35K)

If that's your reaction to college in general, what's your reaction to college at age 38? No reason for asking.

>university

Attached: 1538598702070.png (372x300, 35K)

>Trade school

Attached: 1556729840765.png (542x660, 445K)

>social welfare

Attached: chad.png (988x1190, 462K)

College is irl reddit

Not OP but people starting college at 30+ is kinda cool in that they recognize the value of it as opposed to feeling obligated to go

>DLA

Attached: 1557677475717.jpg (750x1024, 80K)

I applied for uni so I can be a neet on maintenance grant for 3 years

College for most people is just an adult daycare.
At least with people in their 30s don't fuck around.
Some of my best group projects were done with older students.

Don't you pay to study in unis like in the us?

Only soyboy leftists go to college or “university”

And some pretty intelligent people too. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about dropping out.

Student loan works differently here. I only have to pay 9% above £21,000 and it's wiped after 30 years. I would prolly get grants as well but it's not ideal compared to countries with free uni.

*pay back 9% above $21,000 per year

I posted that expecting to be roasted but thanks for the positive replies my dudes.

I never applied, the only university I need is Prager University

Is your professor Ben Shapiro?

So how much does an average uni student pay in total if you consider rent and other expenses? Close to 75-85k?

Yeah I'm in CC right now, on the younger side. There's at least a few parents and older students in a lot of my computer science classes, and that I see around campus. I find they tend to definitely take the classes more seriously as opposed to many of the kids my age, probably because they're just more ready emotionally I guess. Many of the professors also tend to get along with them somewhat better.

I should clarify that I mean in three years not just one

>And some pretty intelligent people too. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about dropping out.

Attached: soyboy.png (2048x1867, 674K)

I fucking laughed

You can learn everything in a typical college computer science curriculum online on your own.

It costs £9250 a year here and the maximum maintenance grant is about £8900 so around £55k probably in terms of loan. If you come from a high income family who doesn't care about you then you are fucked as they will decrease your maintenance loan. It also depends on whether you uni is in london or not.

>wanting to be poor and uneducated/ignorant in 2019

Most of your education occurs outside of university.

>dropping out of uni and getting a job at your dad's place

Attached: 1556851633882.jpg (649x817, 45K)

I assume the unis in London are the expensive ones but what about Oxford or Cambridge? Are those as expensive in London? Forgive me if I'm bugging you with too many questions but I'm thinking of studying in the UK sometime in the future so I thought I'd ask you

No not really, unless you're doing private research. Yes, an education is not the same as experience in many fields, and not all degrees are created equal. However, no job training is going to be the same as a formal education, especially in regards to lifetime earnings or in the general ability to know critical thinking and to know how to learn. Not to mention the friends and professional connections you'll make.

But hey, if you want to hold yourself back fine. I don't give a fuck what you do.

>NOOOO you don't understand I NEED to go to college how else will I get a good enough job so my wife can stay at home and raise her son!

Attached: 1553842864366.png (1080x1020, 363K)

>being a brainlet
>not being rich
>not having friends in high positions
>not having relatives in high positions
>relying on manual labour

if you are any of the above, you might as well just quit and try again next life.

t. graduate of university of life retard

He's probably an inbred. Don't try to agitate it, they bite.

I see the chinknadian richfag LARPer has returned from the grave
You forgot the stock image of a watch you usually attach to your posts

That's pretty based. My cousin is going back to the college next year, she's in her forties and is looking to do culinary class
Best wishes user

If you are from the EU I would suggest looking into unis from scotland since they are free for E\u students I think. Oxford and cambridge are cheaper compared to London ones but they are really hard for non-uk students to get in.

I graduated from college summa cum laude with a BS in economics. My degree is useless and very little of what I learned has any application in real life. I had to self-teach myself computer science and programming to get a decent career.

Yes, I'm a computer science major. How did you notice?

Attached: eDQvTAB_d.jpg (640x789, 27K)

>American education

Attached: 1557777560262.jpg (455x768, 51K)

I'm in CS but I really like econ. Too bad it's hard to make money with it. Ironically an econ teacher at my HS was like living out of a garage he rented because it was all he could afford in our high COL area. Said he could basically never have kids because even at 30 he was still too much in student debt. Really depressing shit :/

>STEM major

Attached: 1550967676313.png (382x304, 114K)

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into Scotland unis aswell. Regarding Oxford and Cambridge, that's pretty much what a friend of mine said in his experience with trying to enter Cambridge University

My scholarship is GPA based and it tacks a flat bonus on any class they consider STEM. It's really fucking weird but better than no bonus I suppose