How is this place even a state?

How is this place even a state?

Attached: hawaii-physical-map.gif (750x550, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how
Your congress passed an act that made Hawaii a state instead of a territory

I want to live in comfy hawaii jumping from island to island to meet my tropical bf

Attached: 1200x500.png (1200x500, 908K)

How do flyovers seethe so much about anything that's remotely not their landlocked fat landscape?

Literal autism made hawaii a state while puerto rico and washington DC STILL aren't states and literally are being federally taxed without representation.

Attached: 612997AA-27D6-4237-87D4-C02AD29186F8.jpg (1080x888, 140K)

The kingdom was unironically overthrown by an American fruit company who annexed it for America

Honolulu
>1.5% were Black or African American
Is quality of life there better than in other states if not which states are better?

>people in DC have no representation in the government
I know what you're trying to say, but that's fucking absurd. They're literally government employees, or at least employees of companies deeply connected to the government. They have more say in government policy than the average Californian, Texan, New Yorker, etc. will ever have.

you do realize not everyone in DC works for the government don't you? It's a city with regular citizens that have no representation in congress.

>he’s still posting these retarded threads
Kys

it would be rather amusing if DC seceded on the grounds of no taxation without representation

>he’s still posting these retarded threads
Kys

Attached: soyjak maga.jpg (221x228, 8K)

Beats me. Hope you learned from your mistake and don't do it again.

Attached: 155312858314.png (1280x468, 56K)

Congress can move to Philadelphia, Court to Richmond. No more Presidents, Just a Prime-minister elected by Congress.

Puerto Rico can become the sixth borough of NYC tho.

Where Wall Street is located? No thanks, I would prefer fucking Florida.

Attached: no thanks.jpg (620x359, 25K)

Strategic location for the military in the Pacific - the only reason.

Same way this place is a country.

Attached: seychelles.png (803x609, 23K)

sandwich islands

it has a good tourist economy and the navy and airforce like it and it's in a good spot for shipping and all of these factors means it has decently large sized cities so it can support itself as a state

help

its ok, going to maui from oahu next week for my second trip there.

I'm from Mississippi and I'd prefer to go home than stay here because of how expensive it is but fr the nature here is beautiful

yeet

WEW

why don't americans move there? It's literally paradise on earth

A bunch of whites invaded and took control of the country, and asked the US to become a state

dont come here

please

Natives still havent apologised for killing James Cook

basically this.

Culturally Hawaii is a different country, idk if it should stay a state or not, not sure about benefits/negatives at this point, I'd leave it up to the people to decide.

Fun fact: one of the islands is literally owned by white people and you need permission go to it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau

>Gen 7

hawaiins absolutely hate outsiders, especially transplants

but most people are mutts or whites or asians

We were still assmad about britain

they consider themselves hawaiin whether or not they are actually native. i think it's like if they are born there and grew up as part of the culture, they come to hate transplants

how is their culture any different from mainlanders?

Look it up. They have tons of traditions they continue from the native hawaiins that everyone and their dog participate in. whereas in the mainland native american traditions are much less frequent and are mostly only observed by actual native americans

>italy

cant you move to like, Sicily or something? It's the same as here, shithole with shit people but nice views.

so they larp as natives

it's not exotic and green

larping as a native is a big tourist attraction in hawaii

It's obscenely expensive. If you live there your family has either been there a while or you got put there because of the military.

wew

literally what? People going to luau isnt larping as a native. its literally the whitest and non native thing you can do here at this point. They don't let non natives go to the real luau and heiau.

They have their own language, eat different food, family is more important and some friends are family, old native traditions, celebrations, dances etc., in general people don't rush and are more laid back, different religion, aloha culture, etc.
It really is completely different.
Even if you are white if you're born and raised there you will still stick out. They call white people "haole" and there is a day called "hate haole day" where natives beat up white people. Obviously most people don't do this, but it does happen at schools. If you're white you may get worse service, be unwelcome at certain beaches etc. Most people are very nice but it's hard to separate the pain of colonialism from existing there as a white person.

> At their height in 1920, [Japanese] constituted 43% of Hawaii's population.
Rightful Japanese clay.

you know how much we love our islands

Attached: 379f665e-c986-11e5-868b-f448094ead18_1280x720.jpg (768x768, 407K)