French Cuisine

So now that the dust has settled, it's been unanimously decided that French cuisine is the superior European cuisine, correct?

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Yeah i like Cous Cous and Kebab, i think french cuisine is pretty nice

France is the most superior European nation in every sense of the word, but unfortunately "best cuisine" award goes to either Italy or Greece

Italian > Spanish > Turks (if it counts) or Greek > French > the rest. Your cuisine easily the one of the most overrated cuisine in the world.

English scran is the superior diet.

What even is French cuisine? Is it like a bunch of different variations of bread, cheese, and ham? Please explain to this uncultured amerimutt.

Steak frites.

whilst you can still find some amazing and local stuff in French supermarkets, I am always amazed also by how much ready-made, junk foods you can find as well. It's more similar to the British supermarkets than the Italian.

>France is the most superior
I claim for Spain any recipe with tomato, potatoes, corn or chocolate in

Attached: 800px-Desembarco_de_Colón_de_Dióscoro_Puebla.jpg (800x484, 100K)

What are some simple Spanish dishes you enjoy, Manolo?

German bakery is better

The French make the best bread and cheese in the world.
If they have the best cuisine in the world is disputable, but for bread and cheese it's not a contest.

Don't forget wine.

I love French wine but I can see an argument for other countries having wine of similar quality, though personally French will always be my favourite

for me? it's vanilla coke and mac nuggets

French food is just generic food euro like bread, meat and cheese only made slightly more fancy

It's funny to me that you think that.

Attached: easy-beef-bourguignon-recipe-2-of-6.jpg (1360x2040, 292K)

The sauce of "Bourguignon beef" is fucking ambrosia/nectar.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with that pic, its exactly what im saying. A fancy and probably nice version of the generic meal of meat and vegetables cooked in sauce on top of potato

With that retarded logic, every meal is just a fancy presentation of anything.

You people don’t even notice it anymore, but French cuisine has been so dominant for so long that you don’t even understand it.

Everything from basic flavour combinations to beverages and from siders to plating and from cooking methods to ideal of few strong main flavours supporting each other is French.
Look at East African cuisine. Those are cuisine with little influence from France look like. They’re not bad, but they just seem unrefined.

If cooking method, sauce and flavor association are just "fancy and nice version of generic meal" then, yeah, everything is what said

stuff like Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian is all very distinct. 'm not even sure if if seen a French restaurant here, they just put French dishes on normal restaurants.

Excactly my point here:

good point.
It's probably frm an anglo perspective as well. But i do think anglo food is pretty close to as generic as it gets. Meat, potatoes, meat in pastry, loaf bread, bacon and sausages.

With your logic
>italian
Litteraly just pasta with liquid tomato
>Chinese
Rice + vegetable + pork
>japanese
Lmao rice and raw fish
>indian
Anything + spices

at least not to Greece
please be serious

What's a much more complex cuisine in your opinion then?

other than baguettes, croissant and camembert I have never eaten anything French, while Italian cuisine is omnipresent

also the first two are of Austrian origin

kind of this
every European region basically has its own version of a beef stew stimmed in the local wine / alcool

>best bread
there are baguettes and?

I’ve also read/heard that it’s related to economy. More primitive cultures don’t have access to fresh, high quality ingredients. This was also true in ancient, medieval, and early modern Europe. The solution to worse ingredients is to cover the taste.
People would just layer flavours by adding tons of different spices and vegetables in a single dish so that it becomes a flurry of flavour and you can no longer taste the rotten meat. (Kind of like Romans shat under themselves in amphietheatres and covered it with strong perfumes kek)

What I’m getting at is that the French were the first with a strong bourgeoisie class that could afford high quality food. As a how of their wealth, they wanted to taste meat. Thus, the new ideal: few strong flavours that support each other. Meat with tomatoes and garlic, chocolate with strawberries and nuts – not all six mushed in one big pot.

>there are baguettes and?
Are you fucking serious ? There is a shitton of bread in the world, just google it.

Couscous is unironically based tho, I'm glad we colonized Morocco for it

>German thinks the shape of the bread is what determines how good it is
This is why your country is not known for its good food

and the greeks basically invented math, does not mean they are great mathematicians today

I think Germans must have the best food, I ate some of their sausages and they were really good, but the Germans kept saying the were the worst.

Attached: cl.png (680x680, 221K)

unironically British cousine is the comfiest one.
It's simple, yet amazingly tasty.

Attached: 83656676-a-vector-illustration-of-british-food-cuisine.jpg (1300x1300, 190K)

>unanimously
On a matter of taste? Please.

Italian cuisine is the “best” one in the sense that it is most popular internationally. French cuisine has probably contributed the most to the culinary high arts, though.

I can't tell if people in the thread are pretending or not considering how abysmal most of the posts are.

Italian food is a pleb filter. Way too simple that even children love it. Simplicity isn't bad but it's far from being the best. French can vary from simple to complex.

You can go home now Nigel

>French cuisine is the superior European cuisine
french is the superior global cuisine

scotch eggs are rank but the rest are pretty good tbqh

Pretty sure nobody in professional circles doubts this.

This relies on the false dichotomy that taste and quality are two different things.

This. It has defined what haute cuisine is in the first place. The only cuisine that can match it is Chinese cuisine, and even it is merely regionally (ie. to South East Asia) what French cuisine is globally.

Attached: haruhishrug[1].png (960x540, 573K)