Is it possible to be successful in this country without being a tradie?

is it possible to be successful in this country without being a tradie?

Attached: Australia-Flag-Map.png (1098x1024, 85K)

>Tradie
>Successful
lmao

I heard Sydney pays well if you are in tech.

Attached: 16402491_1350184261707114_2075935749198393102_o.jpg (1500x2048, 85K)

what kind of fucked up place are we living where its insanely hard to get a trade but you're yet with a career for life but uni is easy to get in and unless you do medicine, nursing or teaching you're fucked

Attached: 1553804056501.jpg (681x705, 54K)

tradies here can earn 100k a year

tradies are ridiculously well paid for the job they do
strong unions desu

Attached: how-much-do-tradies-earn-2018a.png (900x430, 24K)

that's not a lot but its a lot for a tradie.

>100k a year isn't a lot
100k a year at 27

What does a boilermaker do?

thats not a lot

t. 150k usd at 22
and there are 25 year olds in seattle making 300k at netflix etc.

Maybe, lately many people got into Uni and that crashed the whole market. The market acts accordingly to supply and demands.

Well yeah if you're in the top percent of a uni degree and have connections and luck sure but thats more comparable to a fighter jet technician or some shit

Teachers, IT and Real Estate agents make good money

>teaching
Actually many people at my uni had 45 or 55 atar and got into teaching

>100k a year isn't a lot because you make 150k a year
yeah ok
what job do you have

Attached: costanza.jpg (250x250, 10K)

yeah but i mean its still in demand. Like nursing. But both are fucking shit jobs.

software engineer at microsoft. and i dont have to break my back to earn my 150k heh.

naw im a brainlet. the real smart ones go to netflix or high speed trading companies. you know how much they make at trading companies? like 800k/yr

Makes boilers? Idiot.

>software engineer at microsoft
yeah, you see we don't have those companies in australia

and 100k isnt a lot because you've basically hit the income ceiling for your job. im starting engineering at 150k and seniors make 250k. and of course you can get into some obscure work and potentially make much more.

and of course, i dont break my back working which is a huge plus.

even in sydney? i have friends and they earn around 100k in sydney. but thats like median salary to live in downtown sydney.

the median australian wage is 52k aud

>because you've basically hit the income ceiling for your job
oh no haha
the salary goes much higher than that

nah man haven't you listen to a word this man who makes 200k a year straight out of uni but posts on an anonymous autistic race baiting image board has said

>100k isn't a lot because you can't earn anything higher
If you earn 100k for the rest of your life that's still great. Most people don't earn that in two, maybe three years. You're spoiled

its enough but its not a lot. there is a big difference. and i think that big difference is important because wealth inequality is a big deal

you don't have to believe that i make 150k a year. but so you can pretend that i am the average starting software engineer at microsoft.

really? how high?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 10.44.12 PM.png (1416x678, 122K)

>its enough but its not a lot
Yes it is. If you need 8k a month to survive you should be led out back and executed by firing squad for being fiscally retarded

>really? how high?
maybe several hundred, depending on how big your company is

stop derailing my thread, leaf

Attached: varg.jpg (220x196, 4K)

>never heard of differing cost of living
renting is expensive in cities that pay a lot of money. and its not a lot considering there are many people who many magnitudes more than 100k/yr. 100k/yr should be the average amount a college graduate should expect to make STARTING. it's just going to put you barely ahead of the rat race of all the people who didnt go to college or took arts or something.

yeah well having a company and being employed aren't really the same thing is it. if you have any small business you'll be making a good amount of money.

damn thats cool

actually, there is a forum thats similar to Jow Forums but its where all the techie autists who also browse Jow Forums go to. its called teamblind. there is plenty of race baiting and shitting on pajeets on there.

Now you're just raising the goalposts. I live in a decently sized city of around 2.5 million. It's the seventeenth most populated city in the US. Rent for an apartment for two is around 1k. If you're spending 100k a year it's because you're trying to live a particular lifestyle that's costly. Even if I TRIED to splurge my money away it'd be difficult to spend more than four grand a month, and that's with buying shit I don't need and eating out every single day.

dude whats ur problem. rent in silicon valley is 5k a month. do you even know what u are talking about outside your tiny world? people live in trucks just to save money. in silicon valley if u make 100k ur considered low income by the government.

The average one-bedroom rental in Mountain View, home to Google, went for $3,270, second only to San Francisco in price.

okay maybe 3k is the median.

It's because our unis have turned into an industry because of the high demand of the Chinese. Their job now is to just pump out as many degrees as possible for foreigners, and when these foreigners stay in our country afterwards well obviously a uni degree isn't going to be worth very much.
In Australia we suffer from too much educated immigration desu

>yeah well having a company and being employed aren't really the same thing is it. if you have any small business you'll be making a good amount of money.
Most of them have their own business though.

Is there still plenty of work in the mines out there in WA? That’s meant to be good money. Shit work, but good money.

Is it possible to be successful in this country without being a MP?

Attached: 41-KMksBVOL._SX425_.jpg (425x275, 12K)

a lot of mining jobs have slowed if not disappeared
bit of a meme now, the FIFO former cashed-up bogan selling his jetski and things

The chinks are buying all the land at WA

I don't know how it is now since WA has gone into recession (thanks libs) but most people I've talked to who worked in mines made a lot of money