How come Singaporeans and Hong Kongers are so good at English while mainland Chinese people can't speak in English?

How come Singaporeans and Hong Kongers are so good at English while mainland Chinese people can't speak in English?

Attached: 800px-Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg.png (800x533, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/video/china/2189079/chinese-villagers-who-fear-they-can-never-escape-poverty-trap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can, I can at least.

British influence.

Pure Anglo blood

Because they don't need to. And Singapore and hong kong were british colonies. China intends for Westerners to work in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is the gateway to the East and that's a good thing.

This

Hong Cuckners love sucking white cock

>T.

Attached: IMG_8305.png (653x523, 169K)

Same reason India is good at English, they were once dirt poor subjects of the British Empire too.

t. Ching Chong Chang
>good

Mainlanders are subhumans who spit on the ground and have no culture at all. Hong Kong is prosperous and cultured, which makes mainlander insects seethe.

Singapore and HK = merchant ancestry
mainland china = illiterate peasant ancestry

Because Mainlanders are hard at work becoming the new superpower instead of learning the language of the decaying superpower.

Attached: dengxiaoping.jpg (480x640, 83K)

about 80% of singaporeans cant speak perfect english, even when they need to
pathetic

History.

>Same reason India is good at English
Their English is....interesting.

No, mainlanders sleep in cages like animals.

Attached: wire-dwelling.jpg (900x600, 130K)

>muh accents
singaporean written english is basically perfect. grade 12 students in canada still write with awful grammar.

yfw you realize india is the largest english speaking country other than the US.

hong kongers do this as well because of their housing crisis
i wasnt even talking about accents, because unless you have received education overseas, even the most highly educated singaporeans cant shake off the accent entirely.
try talking to an average singaporean. chances are they would try to code switch but fail miserably, because traces of the colloquial syntax and lexis will more often than not still be noticeable

I never had any issues speaking in Singapore. I suppose those were mostly touristy parts though.

but do HK and Singapore have comfy villages and villagers like this? scmp.com/video/china/2189079/chinese-villagers-who-fear-they-can-never-escape-poverty-trap
No? Thought so.

Attached: 2.jpg (867x625, 71K)

i've lived in singapore for 2 years it was fine. their accent is bad but it doesn't mean they have bad english (written). i was friends with malays and indos and chinese. the chinese were pretty bad i think. too many slangs indians were the best.

>How come people who live in a country where English is the main official language are so good at English?

Attached: 1509014772329.png (403x448, 53K)

No more so than Singaporean or HK English.