Buying Raw Diamonds in Africa

Is this a good investment? If I wanted to propose to my girlfriend and happy to spend a decent amount of money on the ring, wouldn’t it be worth my time to travel to africa and buy some raw diamonds and bring them home to be shaped by a jeweller, opposed to buying it from a jeweller.

Buying in africa is obviously a longer process but surely you could potentially get some epic diamonds, where as buying from the jeweller is cheaper and easier.

Do I need them to be certified somehow?

Attached: 38D93FE8-10B5-4995-99BB-D82B7247E1E7.jpg (443x332, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=viN9kM2sh3o
quora.com/How-can-I-safely-buy-rough-diamonds-in-the-African-Bush
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018
>falling for the diamond meme

I am well aware about the diamond trade and vast surplus that exist in the coffers of De Beers diamond merchants, but still what if I want to cut the middle man and want to go straight to the source. Is that a feasible idea?

Disregard threats to safety etc, can have that covered

Get a different gemstone than a diamond. Diamonds are not even that uncommon compared to say, sapphires or something.

Pretty sure going to Africa with a big pile of fucking money with the intent to leave with a bunch of diamonds sewn into your clothes is probably a good idea, though. Just ask the first taxi driver that shows up where you can buy large quantities of diamonds. I bet he'll take you to the right place!

Attached: CrystalGrowingKit1.jpg (1500x1314, 328K)

Kekerino

just let your diamond be forged from something like diamondfoundry.com . No need to get the black people involved

You should bring a black man back to fuck your girlfriend

user, gems aren't worth it. I did my research not too long ago because I wanted a 1kg bag of the 4 "precious gems" just for shits n giggles, and to be a jeweler.

TLDR, most if not all gems are worthless due to natural flaws and problems innate to the geographic location/natural elements at the time of creation/etc.
>emeralds have to be filled with resin or wax or any real bonding agent so they don't fall apart
>sapphires are almost everything
>rubies aren't actually a true ruby unless it's a near perfect red otherwise it's garner (too dark) or spinal (too light)
>diamonds worth doing anything with are usually so small that after cutting, all that's left are those dust spec fill stones

Gems are a meme.

'Worthless' isn't the right word but you're right. Most gem stones are not very valuable. Diamonds are probably bad investments since they are a boomer meme and millennials don't think of them as essential status symbols.

Thanks for this user. I know the industry is more or less a meme, but if it’s what your girl wants, it’s what she wants, and I would prefer to spend money on a flight and security in Africa so I could find something absolutely amazing, than on a ring at a store.

Interesting information you provided regardless

Getting your diamonds cut costs the most.

My fiancé’s uncle is a jeweller who would do that at cost price, I just have to get him the diamonds

i bought a diamond for btc online from a trustworthy retailer. it was tax free (im an american, company was in eu, they export diamonds tax-free legally)

we discussed what the best deal was they could make me not for a specific diamond but what special deals he can find.

i bought at -50% list price and can easily resell it at -60 at worst -65

if you buy something from someone and the cost is far higher than production value, of course youre going to lose money and overpay

nothing is stopping anyone from making a 100% markup on a diamond, which is usually done

in short, its a solid idea, but you need to do it from a trusted vendor, and you need to talk to them about "seasonal pickings"

But are these real diamonds? In my eyes if it wasn’t mined, it’s not a diamond. It needs to be from the earth, not made by some Californian liberals in some lab

user this the the kind of information I was looking for. Much appreciated. Can you list me the website you used or is this something you would prefer to keep to yourself

lab made diamonds have a lower resale value than natural ones

especially if you find a proper company giving you a personalized deal, you will get much more back from your lets say $1K in natural diamonds than meme diamonds

meme diamond market is going to get assraped soon anyway, de beers entered it but not to increase sales but to short the natural gem market and screw it over by selling at crazy low profits or even a loss forcing current producers out of business

whatever lower resale value lab made diamonds have, it will probably drop further with cost of natural diamond mining staying high but that of lab made only reducing in the long term as well

*short the artificially made diamond market

pardon

There's literally no difference, and it's impossible to tell them apart.

Very interesting. You seem quite educated on this topic.

Is diamonds trading an actual business that you see potential in? Or is it saved for the big merchants like De Beers.

Surely if you found the right connection over seas you could make a pretty penny

Also did you mind sharing the website you found your dealer from?

Lol @ “go to Africa and have raw stone shaped by jeweler”

I was raised in this trade and the question really shows that you took some information and ran with it. None of that is reflective of how it works.

>Very interesting. You seem quite educated on this topic.
You can't differentiate both. The only difference is the one has black blood on it, and the lab one doesn't.

But let those fags here tell you to pay more for an african diamond

Good luck bringing them home. Without certification (im assuming you wont be getting the diamonds through the most legal avenue) they will seize your blood diamonds and probs arrest you for it

Jewelers from Antwerp don't buy directly from Africa, they ship it to Cyprus first and then to Antwerp, buying in Cyprus might be a good idea.

Buying uncut in Africa might prove highly problematic. The flight alone will be a significant expense.

I apologise if I offended you. I didn’t mean to, you were just talking about reselling diamonds, which was a business I didn’t think the average person engages in.

I came here to learn about raw diamonds and your posts have been the most informative yet so please pardon my ignorance on this topic

We can make diamonds with a microwave and carbon gas. Diamonds are worthless.

LMAO dude run away from this bitch. You can’t afford a diamond, and going to get robbed and killed in Africa trying

desu it might be better to do buy from cyprus, let them handle negotiating with nigger warlords

>he fell for the diamond jew
You realize that diamond is just a worthless chunk of carbon?

Factor in the cost of travel and accommodation as well dumbo

Kek I know a lot of those EU sellers if he gave you such a big discount it's probably a fake one. Did you let it tested in the US?

Attached: 1532810217641.jpg (230x219, 8K)

>I am well aware about the diamond trade and vast surplus that exist in the coffers of De Beers diamond merchants
yeah, but you don't act in agreement to that knowledge, brainlet, kek

Either this is a larp or you are the world's biggest cuck. I'm married and my wife doesn't even wear a ring. Because fuck it that's why. You're better off buying her some gold jewelry if you can afford it. But why you need a ring? Why wool d you marry a woman who expects a big ass ring? You a millionaire or something?

>my wife doesn't even wear a ring

she gon cheat on you

>he's planning an escapade across half the world to a third world shit hole to get a shiny stone because his hole said so

Dude. Could you be any more of a cuck?

>my wife doesn't even wear a ring

Sounds like the only cuck in this thread is you, as your wife is probably get boned by tyrone if she doesnt even wear her wedding ring. Girls wear weddings rings for materialistic purposes but also to show they are taken, your woman clearly doesn't want others to know she married a brainlet like you lmao

>I wanted to propose to my girlfriend and happy to spend a decent amount of money on the ring
>Falling for the ring meme.
>Marrying in the first place
>Thinking a ring is necessary
youtube.com/watch?v=viN9kM2sh3o

OP this probably gives your more information that most anons here can:

quora.com/How-can-I-safely-buy-rough-diamonds-in-the-African-Bush

Which in summary says it probably isn't a good idea

this, but both of them are cucks, kek

pardon the late response guys was cleaning up and had a shower

ill be out again for an hour buying some groceries after this so if anyone has any more questions please dont expect immediate responses

> africa, africa, africa

i highly recommend against going to africa. it does not sound very safe.

yeah sure but i like the company i was in personal contact with a guy who knows diamonds really well and is also a crypto enthousiast. so id rather you create a burner mail address or something (protonmail.com for example) and ill send you the link because i dont want Jow Forums trolls trolling them i was really very pleased with the service (ill know its you from the id). i have the guys personal phone number i like him. actually i even saw a 3D video of my diamond before i bought it.

it is possible to profit if you buy low. you must buy directly from the main manufacturers in the world, like india. then you keep a stock of diamonds and slowly sell at a profit when a person bites the bait wanting a very specific diamond. but youd need a retail store for that i think. or at least some business contacts who regularly sell.

i forgot to mention what i bought online with btc are certified by the GIA, came with a certificate, and my diamond is even laser-inscribed with the certificate number

theres crap selles in every market but the one i used is legit

diamonds are essential to industry you plebs.
for jewelry they are mostly jokes, no one wants diamond rings.