Yank in Ireland here

Yank in Ireland here.

Ireland is a weird as fuck country. Basically French is the language of the elite, German is the language of the language of the leaders of industry, Irish is the language of the rural parts of the country, and English is the language of commoners

>Go to Dublin
>Everyone is speaking English
>Go to the west coast
>Everyone is speaking Irish
>go to the rich part of dublin
>everyone is speaking french
>Go to the business district
>everyone is speaking german

what the fuck is wrong with ireland?

Attached: 225px-Louis_XX.jpg (225x288, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irQxBoMtE3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They've forgotten the true spirit of Ireland, unlike you and your friends back in Boston.

wtf that's great

This.

Here in Ireland, English is seen as too common, Irish as too rural. Hence for the elite, focused around a small area of Dublin around Trinity College, the Freemason Lodge and the Government buildings, national museums and libraries the main language you will hear spoken is French

Irish is only spoken in like 6 villages you lying cunt

>American attempts to get friendly with other anglos
>refers to himself as a yank
Everytime
At least say Yankee, don’t try to shorten it or anything

Attached: E83D7FA6-1E5F-4D8A-8BB7-F72FEA3F77E3.png (579x663, 217K)

Sounds like how things just are desu honest.

Thats just european culture
English is the common tongue, French is for the nobility
German is for the worker

>American calling himself a Yank around Brits to be mildly self deprecating in attempt to fit in

Soyjack.png

youtube.com/watch?v=irQxBoMtE3s

Plastic paddies are the worst kind of people.

Same for Sweden? or is based Finnish the language of the elite lol

French or German is usually compulsory at secondary level however I wouldn't necessarily say they are the elite or the industry leader languages more so that these people are alot more educated than generic folk
We also studied Irish and primary and secondary level and you very rarely find someone who can speak it fluently.

>French or German is usually compulsory
>and you very rarely find someone who can speak it fluently.
Why?

It's a crying shame that Gaelige isn't spoken as the everyday national language and English as lingua franca. Same goes for Scotland.

Irish education system is diabolical when it comes to language learning. In my class of about 30 I would say that 2-3 would be fluent and the rest could just pass themselves

It is a shame and such a pity. Statistically people claim they can speak Irish but of all the friends I have 2-3 can speak it only because they teach it at a primary level

>Same goes for Scotland.

Lowland Scots (almost all Scots) have always spoken English, Edinburgh was an Anglo Saxon settlement. People in northern Wales still speak Welsh.

In England when they 'taught' us French the teacher literally just said a line and we had to repeat. Absolute waste of time, might as well have done something else with that hour.

Basically the same here.
>learn this verb
>write a letter to your penpal in Tours
>Here's some grammar lol

Although I think they are changing the system now and focusing more towards speaking the language having a test that equates to 50% of your overall result

Only at a primary. That's a tragedy. .
I've been to Scotland only once and it wasn't until I took the train from Edinburgh to Inverness, I finally heard Gaidhlig. A place called Johnny Foxes near the river...I was all ears. I saw a petition trying to get all native languages of the UK to be co-official...you bet I support that.

this poster is a schizophrenic irish poster who has multiple imagined characters and bizarre fantasies.

please do not entertain his delusions for his own safety.

Oh no the state of that comment section

this
the 'french is the language of the elite' thing is bizarre