He didn't just invest in TQQQ, like I did

>He didn't just invest in TQQQ, like I did.

t. Proud 30 year old, stock investing boomer

Attached: Screenshot_20180806-120443.png (720x1280, 79K)

>70k on Robin Hood
Literally 10 times what I have. One day I'll catch up, user.

no we invested in btc and got +8850% gains instead

HMNY is at an all time low. Going all in and hoping that it'll bounce back so I can be like OP

>implying
No you fucking didn’t buy it at $200 and hold it all the way the top. And most of you bought it at >$10,000 and are still underwater. We have those threads every day since january.
Dead company

oh yes i did, faggot. Stay jealous

Post entries and exits. Hard mode: inspect element not allowed.

I bought at $600 and then it dropped to $200. Sold for alts when it was obvious BTC would not pass the impending load test (October).
Still holding, I believe in true adoption is coming through alts.
100% in. I will continue to buy alts until I'm dead or they work. Either way the revolution is just getting started.

na just fucking with you. I did know about it when it was $200 but i was in my teens and a poorfag.
How much to realistically do anything in robin hood? 10k?

I could tell by the zero you added to OP’s pic.
Robinhood is easy because it has no fees so you can make money on any amount. (They) suggest $10,000 because it is enough to have a well-rounded portfolio if you care about that. TQQQ posted probably around 15% a year and compounded to get to 885% over five years.
If you go to /smg/ you’ll see a lot of anons with $1,000-$10,000 making gains.

whats the best % you got in a month? what was your worst lose

i feel like i could never get into this after experiencing crypto, it just feels so slow. Fucking modern world no patience left in us

this. I'm still up x30 since my initial investment in a year, despite making stupid decisions and bagholding alts to the bottom. My ATH was almost x200 of initial, tho I started with only $1k so it's literally nothing

I only made 1,000% in the crypto bubble.

no dividend no thanks.

This

TQQQ paid a dividend in may
Best month ~900% in TBRA.
Worst loss about 30% in SPHS
It is less volatile which you will appreciate when/if you get a big stack and don’t want to lose it suddenly like some anons report here

so gains in the hundreds % in a month IS possible (wtf is TBRA?). Yes i think i would appreciate not losing my stack in one day of crashing like crypto. Im moving there after the next cryptobubble. Thanks user

TBRA is the symbol for a biotech company (Tobira) that got bought by Allergan for some $1.5 billion I think.
When companies want to buy public companies they need to make an offer to the shareholders. Ie, I want to buy your stock. If they really really want to own the company they’ll offer a huge premium on the share price. Happened overnight, too. But don’t expect this to be a continual thing. That was my biggest hit until crypto started. My average month is +-5% (with much less risk though)

5% monthly compounded is a fucking lot to be honest. How close are you to make a living off this

+-. I’m down 1.16% for this month and we’re only 6 days into it. I’m saying I have a range of between -5 and +5 percent each month. Annually it equates to about 15% with moderately high risk. Although the market has been good recently and I’ve had outliers that made my past two years come out at about 700% and 400%. That isn’t something I expect to be sustained. This year I’m on track to do pretty shitty actually. I might just barely get 4-8 percent.
Not even close to making a living and probably wouldn’t if I could. Always reinvest everything. I’m interested in getting rental properties though.

Dumb fag. I bought at sub-700, traded all summer on the way up, sold before 20k, and then bought alts as it crashed. I 10,000x'd my money at least.

Now you have things like HOLO going up 70+% in one day even now. Your boomerfag stocks are nothing.

why dont you start shorting then, looks like the market is at ATH how much further can it go? This is another issue i wouldnt wanna get stuck holding stockbags, maybe i wont get in until it crashes. It HAS to crash it cant go up forever

t. average cost basis of $400 reportin

jelly faget?

dont have to be. we still got another 100x to go

I am inverse SPX a little bit. Just enough to buy me time while trying to identify future recessions. Shorting is expensive (especially in a rising market) so you don’t want to do it unless you’re sure prices will come down soon, and predicting recessions is notoriously difficult. Everyone thinks it’ll happen in say, within 5 years but can’t pinpoint when.
Recessions are pretty short-lived and losses usually aren’t even that bad if you caught the bullrun before it happened. 08 was bad but unique in that it was kind of a perfect storm scenario.
Gray bars on this chart are recessions, they are getting shorter.
Not really, you made less than me at present time. Comparable if bitcoin hits $8k again

Attached: 02616856-2D45-4A83-BFA5-D15378CB7A7E.gif (729x530, 43K)

If the NASDAQ loses 33% from (all-time) high, doesn't that wipe out TQQQ? Has that never happened in ~8 years?

885% in 5 years translates to 58%/year. How are you getting 15%?

Yes you would but these 3x ETFs usually track performance on a daily basis, meaning you would lose 99% on a 33% intraday decline of the tracked index. That hasn’t ever happened with nasdaq. Biggest daily loss was ~11% in 1987.
TQQQ is 3x leverage on an index I’ve been avoiding. I’m mostly in SPX components.